Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #1

Furrion DV1220 No Sound on Zone 1 or 2

We have a 2018 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS. We are one our FOURTH DV1220! The original would not play dvd's or cd's. The second one, no sound on one 1 or 2. The third one was replaced at the dealer and they just said it didn't work either. Just installed the fourth and no sound on zone 1 or 2. Zone 3 is fine. Took the snap on wire connectors off for zones 1 and 2 and connected them with small wire nuts, still no sound zones 1 and 2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
fourbchbms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbchbms View Post
We have a 2018 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS. We are one our FOURTH DV1220! The original would not play dvd's or cd's. The second one, no sound on one 1 or 2. The third one was replaced at the dealer and they just said it didn't work either. Just installed the fourth and no sound on zone 1 or 2. Zone 3 is fine. Took the snap on wire connectors off for zones 1 and 2 and connected them with small wire nuts, still no sound zones 1 and 2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
The DV1220 is a POS!! Mine will not pair with any device nor will it send sound to zone 1. My 32" outdoor TV has a terrible problem with the refresh rate....looks like you are constantly in slow motion. Will be on the phone with Furrion tomorrow!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #3

Woa, Woa, Wait a minute, that thing is supposed to play CD's and movies!?

We've used it for the radio and it plays in all 3 zones, but only just now after reading this post did I notice the DVD slot up in the shadow under the overhead cabinet door. There you go again Al, making me go and rummage through manuals for crap I did not know I had.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Terri & Paul; I hope you get things sorted. Our zones work for the radio, and for other content I would cast from my laptop or phone to our ROKU stick on the TV. We saved all our CD's and movies to disk and gave them to the Library book sale to save space.

Mostly we use the radio to fill the RV with white noise/cover noise when we leave the dogs unattended for errands. Or NPR for entertainment on the weekends. You can tell I do not put a lot of stock in Furrion stuff. Good luck though...
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #4

Quote:
We have a 2018 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS. We are one our FOURTH DV1220! The original would not play dvd's or cd's. The second one, no sound on one 1 or 2. The third one was replaced at the dealer and they just said it didn't work either. Just installed the fourth and no sound on zone 1 or 2. Zone 3 is fine. Took the snap on wire connectors off for zones 1 and 2 and connected them with small wire nuts, still no sound zones 1 and 2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,
Did you receive any replacements directly from Furrion?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
The DV1220 is a POS!! Mine will not pair with any device nor will it send sound to zone 1. My 32" outdoor TV has a terrible problem with the refresh rate....looks like you are constantly in slow motion. Will be on the phone with Furrion tomorrow!
X2^ Mine will play the DVD except for the last 15min of it. Very frustrating!!!
georam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:39 PM   #6

Check your balance

Quote:

Thanks,
Check the balance adjustment in the Furrion. I just found out this weekend that all 4 speakers are wired to the left channel. (Zone 1 & 2) If I tune it to the right channel I get no sound. Outside zone 3 is fine. Another item on the punch list.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote