Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2020, 12:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
For those who are handy at taking things apart... Our Fireplace/Heater(FP) quit last year. The heating unit is a replaceable module that is installed in the Fireplace. I took our FP out and found the correct replacement number for the heater, Amazon had it on the doorstep in two days and it was put back the next. Ours was out of warranty, but that heater is a necessity in cold weather. I think the part was just under $100.
Can you give us the link? Can't seem to find it on Amazon.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 03:29 PM   #22

Actually I got it directly from
Mor Electric Heating Assoc. Inc. (MorElectricHeating.com) <customerservice@morelectricheating.com>
- not Amazon.

Order Quantity: 1.000000
Item Code: DIMPLEX2203610100RP
Description: 2203610100RP Element Assy Replacement
Dimplex/Electromode HEATER/BLOWER ASSEMBLY, 1 380W HEAT OUTPUT - ** Please Note That All Parts Sales Are Final - No Returns Are Allowed **
Price Ea.: $67.540000

Order Quantity: 1.000000
Item Code: ECOMMERCE FREIGHT CHARGE
Description: Freight Charge (Shipping and Handling)
The total cost for packaging and shipping your order.
Price Ea.: $16.150000

Order Total: $83.69
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #23

Our Northpoint (2016) had a Dimplex fireplace. Quit working right at end of 2 yr warranty period, but I took fireplace out (total unit) and took to dealer, who determined that the control board was bad.
He had me a new whole unit in a few days, I retrieved it and put it in. Works great.
We do depend on the fireplace for accessory heat. Saves propane as we can turn furnace down low.
We are super happy w our dealer, we were just an hour away and now live 5 hrs farther north.

Missing Hope Camper Sales in Monroe LA. So far the new guys here are great also. They have been friendly and helpful, and walked me thru an AC unit fan failure. Nothing beats a good dealership when you own an RV.
DamonBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by torilynn79 View Post
This isn't the only thing we've had issues with. There have been several, and a couple larger, costly items. The RV has hardly been used! If you look closely you can see where they cut corners and things are cheap. I'm sure this isn't the only brand with issues, but it is maddening!
I had a fireplace problem in my 2014 Jayco 308RETS and 3 replacement fireplaces in my current Cougar 320 RLI. Just last week I received a replacement Titan Flame fireplace from the manufacturer & it was defective. The blower motor wasn't even attached to the fan. Two screws were supposed to hold it in place & weren't connected. Poor quality control at the faactory. Anyone who tested it would have seen & heard the problem. Good luck. I'm getting a free replacement in a couple of days.
Jack2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:48 PM   #25

I figured out the heating element went out on ours and called the number listed in the paperwork we got with our RV. They were very helpful and sent me a new heating element, no charge.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:22 AM   #26

Furron Fireplace

I have a different issue, fireplace is working and then just turns off then shortly turns back on. I assume it is an over heating safety thermocouple that cools down and fireplace comes back on. What is the fix?
jstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart View Post
I have a different issue, fireplace is working and then just turns off then shortly turns back on. I assume it is an over heating safety thermocouple that cools down and fireplace comes back on. What is the fix?
One of two things-either the blower motor is going bad and not running at full speed or something blocking air flow like dust and lint build up.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by torilynn79 View Post
Yes, I flipped the breaker switch. Nothing...
If its like the 321, it is plugged in behind the TV...cord come loose? Easy to remove, glass lifts out from the top, 4 screws in the front and it comes out.
mikensue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:53 PM   #29

I had the opposite problem, mine would not turn off. Only way was to turn off the breaker. Extended warranty replaced it with the new two speed blower model.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:43 AM   #30

I have a 2021 Eagle 355MBQS. All the electronics inside are Furrion brand, along with the fireplace. The fireplace won't power up at all. I tried the circuit breaker first, tested the socket and it's fine. I contacted Jayco. They said I had to take it into a dealership to get it evaluated and replaced. I live in my RV. I'd have nowhere to go if I did that. No dealership around here (SoCal at the moment) has any availability for months. I pulled the fireplace out and discovered how much great storage space that could be. So my wife doesn't want to put it back in.

With the fireplace out though I opened it up to see if I could find a replaceable fuse or reset. There's a super tiny fuse soldered to the main circuit board. But I can't tell if the fuse is still good because it's so damn small. I tried to find a replacement control board and I'd just swap it out but I can't find one. Not being an electronics guy I'm not sure what would indicate is bad on the board.

Would appreciate if anyone has any links to parts for these fireplaces.
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:27 PM   #31

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Well test for continuity of the fuse on the board, if so then that's not the problem. If there are no capacitors popped and the board looks OK, there might be still a relays failing.
Just see of you can get another board. (extra parts are OK). Going through the dealer is your other option.
Full-timers, I suggest, learn your RV and DIY skills as RV's are not made for continuous bouncing on the road, special at present times when everything is made very light and with a lot of electronics. Even new units on the lot have already failed electronic components (related to temperature changes etc.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:38 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
Well test for continuity of the fuse on the board, if so then that's not the problem. If there are no capacitors popped and the board looks OK, there might be still a relays failing.
Just see of you can get another board. (extra parts are OK). Going through the dealer is your other option.
Full-timers, I suggest, learn your RV and DIY skills as RV's are not made for continuous bouncing on the road, special at present times when everything is made very light and with a lot of electronics. Even new units on the lot have already failed electronic components (related to temperature changes etc.
Unfortunately my multimeter is in storage. I can't find the board. I tried contacting Furrion but they won't get back to me. Their site only lists a few more easily replaceable parts. Apparently they don't figure their circuitry to be at issue. I did confirm that power is getting through the cord to the wire crimps. I even tried undoing those and replacing with a new cord but it didn't change anything.

One thought I had was that perhaps the small circuit board that the power button and remote sensors are on is bad. But I have no way to diagnose that either.

On the main circuit board where the power connects there's a large something on the left that's zip tied to the board. The top looks a tad odd but that could just be from the pressure on the zip tie. Or it could be something blown. either way I don't know. Here's a picture of it.

AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:33 PM   #33

Looks like 120V AC to 12V DC transformer.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #34

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Wrong: it is 120V AC input >> 11 volt AC output. It seems already having 4 relays on the board. Just contact Furion they might send you another board.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
I have a 2021 Eagle 355MBQS. All the electronics inside are Furrion brand, along with the fireplace. The fireplace won't power up at all. I tried the circuit breaker first, tested the socket and it's fine. I contacted Jayco. They said I had to take it into a dealership to get it evaluated and replaced. I live in my RV. I'd have nowhere to go if I did that. No dealership around here (SoCal at the moment) has any availability for months. I pulled the fireplace out and discovered how much great storage space that could be. So my wife doesn't want to put it back in.

With the fireplace out though I opened it up to see if I could find a replaceable fuse or reset. There's a super tiny fuse soldered to the main circuit board. But I can't tell if the fuse is still good because it's so damn small. I tried to find a replacement control board and I'd just swap it out but I can't find one. Not being an electronics guy I'm not sure what would indicate is bad on the board.

Would appreciate if anyone has any links to parts for these fireplaces.
I'm having the same issue in my 2020 Eagle 317RLOK. I called my dealer and was told I could just take the fireplace out and bring it to them and they would verify it wasn't working and order a replacement.
SLockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:03 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLockhart View Post
I'm having the same issue in my 2020 Eagle 317RLOK. I called my dealer and was told I could just take the fireplace out and bring it to them and they would verify it wasn't working and order a replacement.
An internet search on this topic returns many posts saying something like this: "Once you have checked the inlets and outlets and made any adjustments, you must unplug the fireplace for 15-20 minutes to reset the circuit board. Our tech at Furrion mentioned sometimes simply shutting off the fireplace does not allow it to cool down properly."

Maybe you just need to give it some time?