Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2019, 09:42 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRE View Post
Just got done installing the Furrion FOS07TASF 7" Vision S Wireless system in my 2018 CKTS. I was prewired to work with the Tow Vehicle lights. I located the orange wire in the bedroom behind and up above the AC Thermostat. I used the switch for the overhead LED lights to connect to the camera. I then added a dimmer switch to control the bright a** lights in the bedroom. Had to switch the green wire with the orange wire behind the camera. Now the camera can be switched off/on in the bedroom for observation. Havn't tried it from inside the truck yet but I'm sure it will be ok. Just have to remember to switch the camera off when not using.

DRE- Nice job getting that camera going. My Jayco came with a backup camera from the factory and it's also tied into the tow lights, so I've been using it while towing. Works great! However, I've been trying to figure out how to power the camera on while we're parked camping. Being a "city feller" (non-electrician), my first thought was the camera ran off 12V and the room in the 5th wheel was 120V. I've since been educated by smarter folks here that the whole rig runs 12V unless it's got a 120V plug for an appliance or TV. I'm guessing those devices run off the onboard inverter hidden somewhere.

That said, I'm pretty interested in getting an additional switch setup in the bedroom to power the camera on while we're on shore power. Can you provide more detail to how you did this? Maybe what parts you used? While I'm trying to power the camera ON, I don't want to power the running lights in the process. Last thing I need is someone complaining about the UFO parked in the pull through (LOL). - Thanks
Old 03-28-2019, 09:08 PM   #42
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerbacker_TX View Post
DRE- Nice job getting that camera going. My Jayco came with a backup camera from the factory and it's also tied into the tow lights, so I've been using it while towing. Works great! However, I've been trying to figure out how to power the camera on while we're parked camping. Being a "city feller" (non-electrician), my first thought was the camera ran off 12V and the room in the 5th wheel was 120V. I've since been educated by smarter folks here that the whole rig runs 12V unless it's got a 120V plug for an appliance or TV. I'm guessing those devices run off the onboard inverter hidden somewhere.

That said, I'm pretty interested in getting an additional switch setup in the bedroom to power the camera on while we're on shore power. Can you provide more detail to how you did this? Maybe what parts you used? While I'm trying to power the camera ON, I don't want to power the running lights in the process. Last thing I need is someone complaining about the UFO parked in the pull through (LOL). - Thanks
The 120v can be supplied through an inverter.
if you don't have an inverter it is supplied by shorepower (pedastol, generator etc.).

first thing I would do is locate your wire in the bedroom that should be behind the overhead light switch. The factory switch is probably a Facon, the caps on top and bottom of switch will pry off with a small screwdriver. Remove the screws under the caps, then you can remove the switch from the wall. You may have to search up inside the wall for either a orange or purple wire. If you have a second air conditioner the wire may be behind the thermostat and as in my case you may have to fish it from up in the wall.

Let me know if you locate the wire and I can help you through the rest of installing a second switch.

look through this thread, back around page 2, and you will see a sheet I posted of the instructions. This should help. You should have received a sheet like this with your warranty package.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:11 PM   #43
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
That appears to be the same dimmer switch Jayco uses for the reading lights over the bed.
Yes, it was the same that was used throughout my rig from the factory.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #44

Furrion Cameras

We just picked up our Jayco 27RL this past Friday. I managed to get the Furrion System S thrown into the deal. The back up camera on the rear of the camper was pre-wired. It took all of 5 minutes to plug it in and pair it to the monitor. Great picture, BTW.

The issue is the two side cameras that came with the deal. As these cameras have an amber trailer light with the side camera, they are to be placed near the front of the trailer.

When I pulled out the existing marker light, I found two wires which eventually plugged into a black and white wire combo. The side camera has three wires: black is labeled ground, red is V+_Camera and the brown wire is labeled V+_Traffic lamp.

Has anyone wired one of the side cameras to their trailer with a similar wiring configuration that I described above?

Thanks for your help.
jmwsr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:57 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwsr47 View Post
We just picked up our Jayco 27RL this past Friday. I managed to get the Furrion System S thrown into the deal. The back up camera on the rear of the camper was pre-wired. It took all of 5 minutes to plug it in and pair it to the monitor. Great picture, BTW.

The issue is the two side cameras that came with the deal. As these cameras have an amber trailer light with the side camera, they are to be placed near the front of the trailer.

When I pulled out the existing marker light, I found two wires which eventually plugged into a black and white wire combo. The side camera has three wires: black is labeled ground, red is V+_Camera and the brown wire is labeled V+_Traffic lamp.

Has anyone wired one of the side cameras to their trailer with a similar wiring configuration that I described above?

Thanks for your help.

You can run the red camera wire with the brown wire so that the camera will be on when your lights are on. If you want to use the side cameras as security cameras when you’re not hooked up to the truck and have your lights on, you’ll need to run a separate wire to power the cameras

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #46

So, now the question is which wire, the black or white wire is hot and which is ground?

I've been told that when manufacturers go to wire these things they don't really pay attention to what color goes where.

Thanks for your quick response.
jmwsr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:16 PM   #47

The white should be ground and the black should be hot

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #48

Here are the instructions for the alternate wiring:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Camera Instructions.pdf (578.5 KB, 65 views)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #49

After flawless operation for the last two months, my Furrion Vision S camera is loosing contact with the monitor. When that happens I unplug it and then plug it back it and it connects without any problem but will disconnect in 5 to ten minutes. What is strange, the monitor will display either "no signal" or it will just display "Furrion Vision S" which is the start up display. Anyone have had this problem.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 07-31-2019, 11:01 AM   #50

Quote:
After flawless operation for the last two months, my Furrion Vision S camera is loosing contact with the monitor. When that happens I unplug it and then plug it back it and it connects without any problem but will disconnect in 5 to ten minutes. What is strange, the monitor will display either "no signal" or it will just display "Furrion Vision S" which is the start up display. Anyone have had this problem.
Looks like I'm the only one experiencing this issue
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 07-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #51

Give furion a call direct. I had the same thing happen 2 years ago on my open range. I called them and they sent me a new monitor.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:12 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
Give furion a call direct. I had the same thing happen 2 years ago on my open range. I called them and they sent me a new monitor.
Thanks RipinSC.........I'll give that a try!!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 07-31-2019, 06:16 PM   #53
DRE

Quote:
Looks like I'm the only one experiencing this issue
Check your antenna and connections behind the camera. Try connecting to camera with your TV parked right next to camera and see if you still drop signal. Are you set up for security also, with a switch in the BR? Are you set up through 7 pin?
DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:23 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRE View Post
Check your antenna and connections behind the camera. Try connecting to camera with your TV parked right next to camera and see if you still drop signal. Are you set up for security also, with a switch in the BR? Are you set up through 7 pin?
Took the monitor in the bedroom yesterday and it didn't loose signal at all. So it must be the distance from the monitor to the camera. Didn't have a problem for several months. The monitor sits on my dashboard with the antenna straight up. I will contact Furrion to see if they can help. It can't be the distance from the monitor to the camera........if that would be the case why install such a system?
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 07-31-2019, 08:32 PM   #55
DRE

Quote:
Took the monitor in the bedroom yesterday and it didn't loose signal at all. So it must be the distance from the monitor to the camera. Didn't have a problem for several months. The monitor sits on my dashboard with the antenna straight up. I will contact Furrion to see if they can help. It can't be the distance from the monitor to the camera........if that would be the case why install such a system?
I would think then possibly antenna going bad or try factory reset on the monitor and reset it up. As a computer guy myself it is usually something simple! Check the antenna on the camera and make sure it hasn't loosened or moved. Good luck.
DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #56

Today we traveled from Cheyenne, WY to Kearney, NE and it's back to working flawlessly. Only difference on this leg of our journey is the temp was a lot cooler and no mountains. I know that should have nothing to do with it.............but??
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 08-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #57

My rig was too long(northpoint) and the furion wireless rear view camera lost the signal and/or froze an image on the monitor for a few seconds. Really noticed this when simi trucks were near or passing. Finding this too dangerous for depending on the wireless version, I purchased on amazon a wired camera system. I do have one more pigtail connection from the RV to the tow vehicle but it is dependable

ARMYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:18 PM   #58

I just purchased a 2020 29.5BHDS fifth wheel this weekend. Bought the Furrion Camera at Camping World.

If I install the camera on the trailer in the pre wired mount, it won't power up. If I'm understanding this right, if I plug it in like I did, it should work when the running lights are on. If I want to be able to monitor it in my bedroom when I'm disconnected from truck, I have to add the switch and change the wiring. Is that correct?

Frustrating that I can't get the camera to work with just the truck power and no switch.

I have a message into Jayco, but it may be a while before I hear back from them since most of them are working from home because of the Corona virus.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:25 PM   #59
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
I just purchased a 2020 29.5BHDS fifth wheel this weekend. Bought the Furrion Camera at Camping World.

If I install the camera on the trailer in the pre wired mount, it won't power up. If I'm understanding this right, if I plug it in like I did, it should work when the running lights are on. If I want to be able to monitor it in my bedroom when I'm disconnected from truck, I have to add the switch and change the wiring. Is that correct?

Frustrating that I can't get the camera to work with just the truck power and no switch.

I have a message into Jayco, but it may be a while before I hear back from them since most of them are working from home because of the Corona virus.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Did you check the wires behind the mounting bracket? Maybe the wires are loose or wired wrong. You should of got sheet with wiring instructions in your packet.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:06 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
I just purchased a 2020 29.5BHDS fifth wheel this weekend. Bought the Furrion Camera at Camping World. If I install the camera on the trailer in the pre wired mount, it won't power up. If I'm understanding this right, if I plug it in like I did, it should work when the running lights are on. If I want to be able to monitor it in my bedroom when I'm disconnected from truck, I have to add the switch and change the wiring. Is that correct? Frustrating that I can't get the camera to work with just the truck power and no switch. I have a message into Jayco, but it may be a while before I hear back from them since most of them are working from home because of the Corona virus. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Here are the wiring instructions with two wiring options:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Camera Instructions.pdf (578.5 KB, 37 views)
Formerly from Sequim, WA