Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2020, 02:22 PM   #1

Furrion Outdoor speakers

We just purchased an Eagle HT BHDS with Furrion entertainment system. The outdoor speakers are not very loud and also will not play Bluetooth even though it will inside. Is there a separate volume control for the outdoor speakers? Anyone else have A similar problem?

Thanks.
Rschanck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #2

We just purchased an Eagle 317 ROLK, and on our first shakedown trip, we noticed that the outdoor speakers were not loud at all. From what I have read on other posts here, it appears this may be a common problem that many fix by replacing the speakers with something of better quality. A bit disappointing to be sure.
RFactor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFactor1 View Post
We just purchased an Eagle 317 ROLK, and on our first shakedown trip, we noticed that the outdoor speakers were not loud at all. From what I have read on other posts here, it appears this may be a common problem that many fix by replacing the speakers with something of better quality. A bit disappointing to be sure.
Are you able to play the Bluetooth on the outside speakers? When I try, it will play inside and the FM stays on outside. Doesn't make sense and of course the manual really doesn't tell me anything. Thanks
Old 06-07-2020, 05:13 PM   #4

Hit the reset on the radio. You have to take off the faceplate. The follow the manual. Had the same problem.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 05:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
Hit the reset on the radio. You have to take off the faceplate. The follow the manual. Had the same problem.
Tried that with no luck
Old 06-08-2020, 04:23 AM   #6

I forgot to mention you have to do it twice. If that doesn't work then the amplifier to the outdoor speakers is weak. On ours the volume was good on living room and bedroom, but barely audible outside. We did reset twice and outside worked. Don't ask why we were desperate
Old 06-08-2020, 07:56 AM   #7

Quote:
I forgot to mention you have to do it twice. If that doesn't work then the amplifier to the outdoor speakers is weak. On ours the volume was good on living room and bedroom, but barely audible outside. We did reset twice and outside worked. Don't ask why we were desperate

Tried 3 times, no luck. I also just noticed that the outside volume stays the same level no matter what I put the volume at. Even if I mute the radio the outside speakers stay the same level.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:28 AM   #8

Furrion, in any shape or form, is 100% pure junk! Replace the receiver and you'll be happier than all get out
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #9

Since it is staying the same level it's related to possibly the the switch that turns the zone
3 on/off. It also means that the level of the amp is stuck. I remember having the same problem and the tech wanted to replace the radio. When I took it home I played with the Zone 3 volume only, turning off zones 1 and 2. Using only the radio setting I turned on Zone 1 to hear the level, then off. Then hit reset. Turned the radio back on, and reset again. Don't know why but it worked, and I've been happy with the radio since. Besides I like having on control for the radio, TV, and fireplace. Put a phone holder on the wall next to the recliner and never lose the remote. Good luck. I found the solution by accident, maybe you will too.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Since it is staying the same level it's related to possibly the the switch that turns the zone
3 on/off. It also means that the level of the amp is stuck. I remember having the same problem and the tech wanted to replace the radio. When I took it home I played with the Zone 3 volume only, turning off zones 1 and 2. Using only the radio setting I turned on Zone 1 to hear the level, then off. Then hit reset. Turned the radio back on, and reset again. Don't know why but it worked, and I've been happy with the radio since. Besides I like having on control for the radio, TV, and fireplace. Put a phone holder on the wall next to the recliner and never lose the remote. Good luck. I found the solution by accident, maybe you will too.

Thanks for the response. Are you able to play bluetooth on the outside speakers?
Old 06-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #11

Never tried bluetooth. I believe that the outdoor speakers are supposed to turn off when you're playing DVD's and maybe the TV. I usually leave zone 3 off, regardless, as I don't want to offend the neighbors. All I can say is I had the same problem, fiddled with it, and somehow got it working via reset and turning on/off zone 3, turning on/off the radio, until zone 3 came on. The only other thing is you may have a bad zone 3 amp.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:23 AM   #12

I had the same problem, its been a while but I think this is what I did to fix it.

First turn off zones 1 and 2. Then hold the zone 3 button in, I think it starts flashing or something. Then you can adjust the volume outside. I think it's a child lock or something.
MarcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcG View Post
I had the same problem, its been a while but I think this is what I did to fix it.

First turn off zones 1 and 2. Then hold the zone 3 button in, I think it starts flashing or something. Then you can adjust the volume outside. I think it's a child lock or something.

Interesting. I'll give it a try. That would be good info to have in the manual. 😣 Thanks
Old 06-09-2020, 11:03 AM   #14

Here is the manual I found on the manufacturers website. This is the model I have in my 2020 HT 30.5 MLOK. Page 19 kind of explains how to set up zone 3.

https://cdn.accentuate.io/2161702240...6525768737.pdf
MarcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #15

Thank you for the help. Finally got a response from Furrion support and they said that you have to hold in the Zone 3 button for a few second which gives you control over that zone for all the functions.

On another note, in this process, we have discovered that we never received any manuals, remotes, sink strainers, etc that are supposed to come in a "blue Jayco bag".

Some other issues with this 2020 Eagle HT, they never connected the power wires to the 2 LED accent lights on the nose. So I had to play electrician and get it working to avoid having my seasonal moved back 100 miles for a simple fix. Hopefully this is the end of our problems.
Old 06-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #16

Volume

Make sure the volume is turned up on the media your using like your phone. This does have an effect on the exterior volume. That’s what I found out when playing my iPhone over the system.
Dondevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Furrion, in any shape or form, is 100% pure junk! Replace the receiver and you'll be happier than all get out
You beat me to it!
+1 on the Furrion being junk. Even if they were loud enough they’d still sound awful and every one I’ve seen had a Bluetooth range of about 2ft

Start by replacing the head unit. A standard double din car audio head unit will work and even on the lower end of the scale for name brands will sound so much better. Use a couple of good marine rated replacement outdoor speakers and you’ll be happy.
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:25 PM   #18

I can help hold the zone 3 button down until it flashes then you can adjust the outside speakers set it to the level you want then push it again until it stops flashing at that point you can adjust your inside speakers or play a dvd and the outside speakers will stay at the same level
Farmboy98922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschanck View Post
We just purchased an Eagle HT BHDS with Furrion entertainment system. The outdoor speakers are not very loud and also will not play Bluetooth even though it will inside. Is there a separate volume control for the outdoor speakers? Anyone else have A similar problem?

Thanks.
I did as well with our 2020 Eagle 332 CBOK. If yours is like ours, there are (3) zones for the speakers. Zone 3 is for the external speakers. Press and hold the zone 3 button on the unit until it flashes. Once it flashes, the volume and all other functions including bluetooth will operate.
dennygjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennygjr View Post
I did as well with our 2020 Eagle 332 CBOK. If yours is like ours, there are (3) zones for the speakers. Zone 3 is for the external speakers. Press and hold the zone 3 button on the unit until it flashes. Once it flashes, the volume and all other functions including bluetooth will operate.
Yes the same
Farmboy98922 is offline   Reply With Quote