Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2021, 04:20 PM   #1

Furrion S Vision Camera - power to the cameras

Hello all...looked on here but could not seem to find an answer...there may not be one. I have the Furrion S Vison camera system. In the bedroom there is a cigarette plug so you can use the camera while parked/camping as a security camera of sorts.

I am trying to figure out how to power the cameras on the side and rear without using a "jump" wire on the pigtail connection for the truck. That is the only solution I can seem to find.

The running lights have to be on to power the cameras BUT I would love to do without having all the marker and rear trailer lights on.

Anyone come up with a solution? Thanks.
pppbigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppbigdog View Post
Hello all...looked on here but could not seem to find an answer...there may not be one. I have the Furrion S Vison camera system. In the bedroom there is a cigarette plug so you can use the camera while parked/camping as a security camera of sorts.

I am trying to figure out how to power the cameras on the side and rear without using a "jump" wire on the pigtail connection for the truck. That is the only solution I can seem to find.

The running lights have to be on to power the cameras BUT I would love to do without having all the marker and rear trailer lights on.

Anyone come up with a solution? Thanks.
What year, make and model of your truck? Newer vehicles are reducing power to the 7-way in order to be more efficient. This is more noticeable with LED lights, which draw less amperage.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:46 AM   #3

Thanks shotgun. 2021 Northpoint 382FLRB.

I am trying to power the cameras when not hooked up to the truck. To use them for a safety/observation tool while parked in the campground. I currently have to use a piece of wire to plug it in 2 of the pins on the pigtail to power the cameras up as if I were traveling down the road.

I am looking for a way to power them with out all the running lights and tail lights on the trailer being on.

The monitor has a place to plug it in located in the bedroom so I can power the monitor, but like I mentioned i have to "fool" the cameras in to thinking they are hooked up to the truck.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:03 PM   #4

Ok, I see. Sorry, I was thinking you were trying to power the camera WITH the truck. If the camera wiring is tied into your camper running light circuit, I'm not quite sure your best course of action.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:40 PM   #5

I found these instruction for my travel trailer 2019 Jayflight 21QB with details as how to operate the camera from inside the trailer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Camera Instructions.pdf (578.5 KB, 85 views)
Polariste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polariste View Post
I found these instruction for my travel trailer 2019 Jayflight 21QB with details as how to operate the camera from inside the trailer.
I wonder if that then means you have to switch on the camera in the bedroom before you hook up the truck for it to work as a backup camera? Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-23-2021, 07:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppbigdog View Post
I wonder if that then means you have to switch on the camera in the bedroom before you hook up the truck for it to work as a backup camera? Thanks for the reply.
Yes, once you do this mod you have to switch the camera on in the bedroom to get power to it, even when driving. You actually re-wire the connection at the backup camera. I did this on my 2020 HT, but I only had the backup camera, didn't have side cameras, so not sure how this effects the sides...

I just got my 2021 Eagle and have purchase the side camera too, so for now just going to use as is...
Reese Goosebox
Pammac36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #8

I wired my 377 rear camera (It doesn’t have side cameras) to work off of either the marker lights OR a switch inside the camper. It’s not terribly hard to do.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
I wired my 377 rear camera (It doesn’t have side cameras) to work off of either the marker lights OR a switch inside the camper. It’s not terribly hard to do.
Hi Nylyon,
Does your NP have the BM Pro with the remote light "switches"? My 2021 now has the BM Pro so there are no actual light switches on the bedroom wall (where the power wire was in my 2020 HT) the BM Pro "switch " is just a battery powered remote. So with no light switch wire in the wall, not sure Jayco would still run the power for the camera wire there anymore.

I liked having the switch but dont want to put a hole in the bedroom wall to find the wire isn't there!
Reese Goosebox
Old 04-24-2021, 07:24 AM   #10

Yes, I have the BMPro. The camera is wired to the marker lights from the factory, but Jayco ran a purple wire from the camera to behind the BMPro on the 377. They also left a +12v wire in the same location so a switch can be connected to power the camera. I needed to disconnect the marker wire from the camera, connect the purple wire, then install a switch. To retain the original camera on with markers, I ran a wire and spliced into the marker lights, then used a spdt on-on switch to select between the two.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:26 AM   #11

As a note, the label for the camera was in the bedroom, the wire behind the BMPro, no where near the label.
Old 08-14-2021, 11:12 AM   #12

Pammac36 are you using the Furrion side cameras? I am trying to install Haloview side view cameras.
landmark573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 10:39 AM   #13

Yes, but only to back up. Not using them while driving, I find the rear camera and side mirrors give me enough coverage to change lanes etc,.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
Yes, I have the BMPro. The camera is wired to the marker lights from the factory, but Jayco ran a purple wire from the camera to behind the BMPro on the 377. They also left a +12v wire in the same location so a switch can be connected to power the camera. I needed to disconnect the marker wire from the camera, connect the purple wire, then install a switch. To retain the original camera on with markers, I ran a wire and spliced into the marker lights, then used a spdt on-on switch to select between the two.
@nylyon Thanks for helpful info. Did you find anything on the side Furrion cameras that are powered off front left/right marker lights? Any chance Jayco left a wire for those on both front corners? I've got the 3-camera package from Jayco and would love to be able to have all 3x powered off a switch to use for monitoring/security. Thank you.
duneflyer is offline   Reply With Quote