Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2021, 09:48 AM   #1

Furrion TV

We have a "new" '20 Pinnacle with a Furrion LED UHD TV in the living room. It has had 1 months use since we bought the unit in '19 and haven't been able to use it since the Covid shut down. We set it up this weekend to hopefully travel this fall and the second time we turned on the tv it "crapped" out. We have sound and nothing but yellow and green lines on the screen. Has anyone else had this problem with these tv's? What, if anything is/was the solution? What other options are out there as a replacement, obviously I'm not impressed with this unit.
Lyonseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
CAG

Have you contacted Furrion customer service to see if they can help? You can also contact Jayco but they will probably refer you to Furrion.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:06 PM   #3

Jayco should warranty it within their 2 year warranty on trailer. We had a furion TV crap out. Dealer swapped a replacement cheapy Sanyo. It failed before we turned it on. Talked to dealer and asked if talking to Jayco we could buy local. They agreed to let us buy locally a tv of our choice with 2 year warranty uplift included for a set price. We bought a Samsung smart TV. Working great so far!

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:23 PM   #4
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Jayco should warranty it within their 2 year warranty on trailer. We had a furion TV crap out. Dealer swapped a replacement cheapy Sanyo. It failed before we turned it on. Talked to dealer and asked if talking to Jayco we could buy local. They agreed to let us buy locally a tv of our choice with 2 year warranty uplift included for a set price. We bought a Samsung smart TV. Working great so far!

RoadrunnerII
In most cases and this of course could be an exception, Jayco warranties the basic RV, and the individual components (fridge, AC etc) are warrantied by those manufacturers. If your fridge goes out it will be Dometic or one of them who will replace it. It might be that the dealer would help make the arrangements but the part will not come from Jayco.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:45 PM   #5

I have a couple of Samsung smart tv's in my home, very happy with them. How do they stand up to road travel?
Lyonseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonseed View Post
I have a couple of Samsung smart tv's in my home, very happy with them. How do they stand up to road travel?
So far it's done about 3500 miles down to Florida and back and a couple local trips.
Its mounted behind the tandems so it is seeing some bumping!
Time will tell.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:45 PM   #7

I found the Furrion 50 inch in our living room to be rather inferior compared to the Samsung's we have at home. I gave it to my college attending granddaughter and bought an LG from Costco as it was cheaper than a similar Samsung but still much better than the Furrion. The backside lined up pretty well with the lift mechanism.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote