Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2022, 04:31 PM   #1

Gap in the front

Hi! I need to replace the shorter screws on the sides of my cap area because of slight sagging, but this area is where the Cap meets the camper. Is this issue related? When I use the longer screws for the sides, will this close up, or is this a 2nd issue?

If separate, how to fix, and how do I get the thick trim on/off for repairs?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
cap issue3.jpg  
Old 07-17-2022, 05:14 PM   #2

I'd guess that if your sides are separating and your cap is gaping also they are related. Do you notice movement when hitching or unhitching?

My pinnacle is in for warranty for the sidewall seam on left and right sides pulling apart, but the cap is OK. Jayco said there is a fix but wouldn't tell me what it is, I'll try to get the dealer to let me in on their "secret" fix.

A recent thread is here, but it does not address the front cap gap.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ion-94223.html
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 06:18 AM   #3

I just had the fix done on my 21 Pinnacle as the side trim (part above the bed of the truck where the sidewall meets the deck) was starting to come down. Jayco emailed the dealer with the fix of taking out the 1-1/4” screws and then drilling up into the main frame (instead of the plywood decking that the previous screws went into) and installing self tapping 4” screws. 6 of them on each side. They say that is now how they are building them so no future problems. I just attended the Pinnacle Rally in Spearfish, SD and there were 20 of us there. Counting mine there were at least 6 of us with this problem, all 2020 or newer and 5 of them weren’t aware it was happening until I asked if they had theirs fixed yet. Some of the others with the 36 SSWS had already had the crack issue fixed and they must have fixed this problem at that time. The dealer that fixed mine had not heard of it and had to have Jayco provide the screws and instructions to fix it. It is a challenging fix as you have to use a long drill bit to reach the frame and then go into that hole with a self tapping metal screw 4” long without twisting it off in the hole. Patience and skill required or it can be a real pain to fix. Mine is under warranty so there was no way I was going to attempt it.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote