Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2020, 08:05 PM   #41

Yeah, we have a few of the Love's truck stop here and we have the Flying J but I guess that I will be going to Love's most of the time when I travel. Is the T/A truck stop in the PNW area?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:10 PM   #42

Its in Jessup MD

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:57 PM   #43

5% off

We just use our Sam"s Club Mastercard for 5% off on gas anywhere. Not as much discount as the trucker discount program but it is convenient.
wetland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:23 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Big1, The truck pumps hose necks are typically larger than what most pickups are able to accept. I took the fill tube off the truck, opened it up with a dremmel and reinstalled it. The newer diesel pickups may have a larger opening...just an FYI
I've been using the pumps at the truck islands for years now. I've only ran into 2 issues so far. Other than the occasional driver that seems to take hours to move their truck after fueling.

1. The fuel pumps are much larger and they move a lot of fuel FAST. This can cause the diesel to foam up. Just a word of caution so you don't take a bath!

2. If your DEF fill in under the hood of your truck like mine is, the hose from the DEF pump will not reach. Sure I could probably back up 10 ft and manage to fill it, but I don't like to take any more time than I need at the truck Islands. I normally end up carrying a couple DEF jugs with me. When I need fuel, I fill the empty DEF jugs at the same time.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:49 PM   #45

Thanks guys for your comments I have a trip coming up next month so I will be trying out the truck lane and the trucker stop. I guess I could get a good sam club MC but we will see.

Now I heard that within the TSD app and if you are planning a trip you can put it into this app and it will show you all of the truck stop they support, is this true?
Old 08-16-2020, 07:05 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Thanks guys for your comments I have a trip coming up next month so I will be trying out the truck lane and the trucker stop. I guess I could get a good sam club MC but we will see.

Now I heard that within the TSD app and if you are planning a trip you can put it into this app and it will show you all of the truck stop they support, is this true?
I don't think so. But if you hit Price locator a map will come up and show you the stations and price around you. But you can get the loves app and they have a route function that will show you there stations and exit numbers.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:20 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetland View Post
We just use our Sam"s Club Mastercard for 5% off on gas anywhere. Not as much discount as the trucker discount program but it is convenient.
Misleading statement. You get 5% back periodically. You do not get 5% off everywhere. I have the same card.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:16 AM   #48

The Sam's card is worth a 5% discount, not a $.05 discount. That's $.10-$.13/gallon. However, you can only receive your rewards once a year.
KA9J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:31 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
That is correct Big1, it's called Route Search. It's kinda crude but will show you the discount fuel stations along the route you input.
2019 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax - SRW - 4WD - CC - LTZ - 8' Bed
Reese M5 20K
triplebvalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:05 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetland View Post

And I was thinking about this because the TSD card only give me a few trucker station where I can use it at, so I might have to have this as back up.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:06 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
I don't think so. But if you hit Price locator a map will come up and show you the stations and price around you. But you can get the loves app and they have a route function that will show you there stations and exit numbers.

Okay I will do that.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:19 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplebvalp View Post
That is correct Big1, it's called Route Search. It's kinda crude but will show you the discount fuel stations along the route you input.

Oh yeah, I got it now thank you sir.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:23 AM   #53

TSD card is amazing. I've been averaging over $.50/gal off retail price. Only works in truck lanes and therefore, only for diesel.

There is an Excel spreadsheet they will send out periodically with all the participating stations in U.S. and Canada. Most truck stop franchises participate, TA, Loves, Petro, etc.

PFJ used to give same discount for about one week until Good Sam got their knickers in a twist because those of us who found out about TSD and got our card used it everywhere and they (GS) were losing revenue. Seems their $.09/gal discount couldn't compete with TSD's so they invoked their "exclusive" RV fuel card rights. Apparently the TSD card is coded some how to indicate RV owner.

Truck lanes are so much better. Easier in/out, don't have to compete with regular cars/trucks for pumps and parking, and the overhead environment is so much better hauling our 5er.

I can't believe all diesel owners, Class A or Pick-ups, haven't already heard about this and signed up.

Hog3loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:37 PM   #54

Yeah I know what you mean I just find out about it myself by just asking questions.

I went to Love's here to try out my new card that they sent me and I love the easy in and out, I saved about $0.14 by going there.

Now I have been checking and the places that support their card now are not many but I think that I can find the ones I need going on our trip coming up.

Now I thought about getting a GS card but I'm right in the middle of refinancing my home so I'm going to wait before I go and get one. Yeah, I try getting diesel and DEF in the truck lane, the one thing that I noticed that I had control the nozzle it was coming out too fast.