Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2021, 05:50 AM   #21

Just don’t mount the carrier (or ANYTHING) to the back bumper! They’re only made to carry your dump hose. If you don’t already have a receiver mounted properly to the frame of the trailer, that’s what you need to do. Stock bumpers rip off from the trailer very easily!
GaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:11 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
Just don’t mount the carrier (or ANYTHING) to the back bumper! They’re only made to carry your dump hose. If you don’t already have a receiver mounted properly to the frame of the trailer, that’s what you need to do. Stock bumpers rip off from the trailer very easily!
I believe the Eagles have their hitch receiver tied to the frame and have a 300 lb rating.. At least mine is anyway... But in any case, you are right.. Do not depend on the bumper if it is not tied to the frame..
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:14 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eow View Post
Your Honda 2000 may run your a/c with a soft start like microair and if you are at a low elevation.
I have the E-trailer 2000 1600 running inverter unit and in combination with the Micro Aire module runs our AC just fine. I also purchased the high altitude jets, 3K-6K & 6K-8K for when we spend time at those heights.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfantony View Post
Im thinking of attaching a bumper or hitch rack for a generator on the back of a eagle 5th wheel..any suggestions..tia
On a previous motorhome... I built a rack for our Generator to mount to that fit in the receiver hitch. The genny slid into the rails and was locked into place with a bracket that secured the frame of the genny to the rack.

We still use this rack on occasions when we need lots of power when installing some of our Mikrotik towers in the extreme remote locations.
Attached Thumbnails
20180321_124337.jpg   20140613_172025.jpg  
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:00 PM   #25

Had a 27’ TT. Had my brother who is a specialized machinist & welder attach a receiver hitch directly to the frame. He also built a carrier for me, that weighed 75 lb. I carried a Yamaha 3200 W. Had no handling problems. I also did not exceed 55 mph on secondary roads.
GVStaud is offline   Reply With Quote