Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2019, 05:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edutron View Post
I was under the impression fuel return from the regulator was essentially zero pressure and needed to gravity feed back to the tank and that is why all toyhaulers have carb gens instead.
They use carb gensets because they are cheaper than fuel injection gensets. The return line would have some pressure. Whatever pressure isn't used by the fuel system. Fuel injection would run much higher fuel pressure than a carb. Another reason is they have to run a return line, which would cost more money.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:20 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edutron View Post
If I could get a diesel to fit, I would put one in and just run a fuel line from my auxiliary tank from the truck bed. No can do with the gen prep and with four batteries.
Those diesels have larger foot prints and are extremely heavy so they aren't ideal for towables. But they are sweet units.

Earl
Old 11-18-2019, 08:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Sure. Duromax and Champion come to mind and are seen in the bog box stores and other venues. These are more ad-hoc rigs often dragged around in the back of the TV as opposed to a permanent install and tend to be noisier but that is not a rule. Dunno if Onan/ Cummins makes a dual fuel for permanent install. Earl?
Only factory dual fuel gensets I've seen are the contractor type. Though they may have aftermarket kits to go dual fuel on RV units?? I have seen manufacturer and aftermarket kits to convert gasoline to LP.

Earl
Old 11-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #24

Sportsmen generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Irvin View Post
What do you travelers recommend for a generator to use on a 2020 Pinnacle? Propane or diesel?
Love my Sportsmen 1000 generator for charging battery 1 hour a day ....1/2 gal tank runs 6-7 hours if needed .... one hour charge keeps up with our usage inc. 12 volt Cpap When on sale they are only $159 Keep in mind this will NOT run your A/C
SAMM Kinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #25

You can order a dual fuel kit directly from Honda for thier generators. I did for a 5k unit.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:35 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Fleetman Send a message via MSN to Fleetman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke4857 View Post
Do they make a duel fuel type of generator? Gas/propane would be the way to go.
I have a Westinghouse 4500 dual fuel inverter. Store it in the generator bay. Run on propane, 16 hours or longer on 30# bottle. Had Onan 5500 gas in Pinacle, will never go back to gas.

2017 North Point 315RLST
2012 F250 Lariat 2WD 6.7 diesel
Fleetman is offline   Reply With Quote