Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2021, 11:20 AM   #1

Generator storage while riding

I have 2 preditor 3500 inverter generators. Can I put the in the basement of 5th wheel while riding and at camp ground until I need them ? They are filled with Gas . I just don't want them stolen.
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:35 AM   #2

I take mine out and place It a black plastic bag over my generator and lock it to the stablizer leg.

If I leave my Honda Generator in the back of the Truck locked and I am parked on a slight upward slope my generator will leak a little gas. Just started to noticed the gas leak.

Just an idea.

Marko
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210717_123358.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	73659
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 12:54 PM   #3

I transport my Ryobi generator in the rear storage compartment of my MH with no problems. The only time it smells of gas is if I had spilled some on it while filling.

When I unload it I secure it with a locking cable. Even leave it out overnight while locked although I do try to hide it somewhat.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:37 PM   #4

Thanks. How do you lock it. Where do you put the locking cable on the generator ?

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
Old 07-17-2021, 01:47 PM   #5

I use a vinyl covered steel cable with loop ends that get locked together. I route the cable through the leaf spring hanger under the coach and route it through the 3 carry handles on the generator. It is secure as I can make it but a good thief could get through it with the right tools. It does work for casual thiefs.

I just started putting the generator under our folding table that has a long tablecloth on it. Makes it a little less obvious that a generator is sitting there.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
I use a vinyl covered steel cable with loop ends that get locked together. I route the cable through the leaf spring hanger under the coach and route it through the 3 carry handles on the generator. It is secure as I can make it but a good thief could get through it with the right tools. It does work for casual thiefs.

I just started putting the generator under our folding table that has a long tablecloth on it. Makes it a little less obvious that a generator is sitting there.

Ok thanks. I saw those cables on Amazon. I am thinking a 15ft one would do to loop threw both generators.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)