Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2017, 07:21 AM   #1

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a ordered North Point 387rdfs

I would appreciate any input on this model or Jayco NorthPoint in general. I have scored what I beleive to be an excellent deal. It has come down to this NorthPoint, a Solitude 375res, and an Open Range 3x. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Bigpuddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #2

I have never read a good review on the open range. We looked hard at a lot of rv's and it came down to the solitude and north point, I feel like they are very close in quality. We ended up with the np and are happy so far, three propane tanks and two year warranty Helped in our decision and it was about 6k cheaper that the solitude.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringneks View Post
I have never read a good review on the open range. We looked hard at a lot of rv's and it came down to the solitude and north point, I feel like they are very close in quality. We ended up with the np and are happy so far, three propane tanks and two year warranty Helped in our decision and it was about 6k cheaper that the solitude.
Good to hear. The deal I have on the North Point is about $4k cheaper. I like them both as well. Solitude is a wide body and NP is 2 ft longer, and hydraulics vs electric level system are really the only differences that I can come up with...

Old 08-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #4

I was looking at the same 3 brands last year, but one model down; Reflection, Roamer, and the Eagle. Ultimately we decided on the Roamer but we missed out on ordering one as they discontinued the floor plan 2 weeks earlier. So then the decision came down to GD and Jayco, only reason I went with the Jayco was the frameless windows, GD uses framed on the Reflection line, and Jayco seemed to have more options. It was a terrible decision, our unit was ordered 3/4 and delivered 8/5 or so and there was a gap in the floor to exterior wall, the back exterior wall had a crack and the trim was falling off, on top of about 15 other issues (3 structural defects). Well now we are waiting for the GD to be delivered, about 2 weeks, but the one thing I can say it the Jayco rep (Mike Tribble) was hard to get ahold of and could give 2 sh!ts that our unit was a pile of garbage, where as the GD rep is extremely easy to get ahold of, he even gave us his cell phone number to get in touch with him, customer service wise a much better company than Jayco. Sorry for the rant, good luck.
Cummins-a-pullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:54 PM   #5

Thanks for that reply. Everyone says GD has great support. I hope the GD is a gem when you get it. Good luck to you

Old 08-30-2017, 04:13 AM   #6

So do I, been waiting a long time for a camper lol. Honestly I think if you go with any of those 3 you'll been fine, and have some issues, as it is a camper lol. I think the major issues I had were a fluke, but there was no remorse from the manufacturer almost like this was a normal call to receive from customers. That was the reason I bought a different manufacturer, customer service is important to me.
Cummins-a-pullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:47 AM   #7

Thanks Cummins! I agree

Old 08-30-2017, 03:19 PM   #8

We looked at all of them as well plus the Montana and Cedar Creek and ultimately fit and finish was best on the NP and Solitude. We chose the NP over the Solitude based on the midbunk we preferred the layout in the NP.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #9
LT.

I had a 2016 GD Reflection 357BHS from 7/16 to 4/17 and nothing but issues. Water lines leaking, outside stove falling off, glass trim on entertainment center falling out,slider issues,interior trim falling off. We finally said enough is enough and ordered a Jayco 377 BHRL and have had no issues.Unit was delivered in April and we use it every weekend.

Guess it's the luck of the draw..
LT. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:04 PM   #10

Thanks everyone. I am leaning towards the NP

Old 08-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpuddie View Post
Thanks everyone. I am leaning towards the NP

Good choice you won't regret it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #12

Any input on the electric 6 point level vs the hydraulic? The hydraulic is the one thing i do like on the Solitude

Old 09-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpuddie View Post
Any input on the electric 6 point level vs the hydraulic? The hydraulic is the one thing i do like on the Solitude

I have had the hydraulic on my keystone alpine and electric on my north point now. Both work, but Hydralic works much better. The electric is slow and is constantly throwing faults sometimes even more the jacks reach the blocks which always use to help it from extending too far.

This North point 377rlbh is my 13th RV. I have had many makes, including several Jaycos we loved. But the quality just isn't what it used to be. They stood behind it warranty it warranty wise, but now that Thor is at the helm, that has changed. Things are much more difficult to get approved. Just asked a Heartland owner what happened to that awesome company after Thor bought it.

Grand design is about the best company gong right now that makes an affordable rig. My next rig will likely be a GD. I highly recommend taking a long look. They have their act together, while Jayco is falling apart.

I've always been a huge Jayco fan, but I have had to many major failure and talked to others with the exact same problems. Quality is no longer the first priority and the word is spreading.
jandjtrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:17 PM   #14

Thank you for the reply and honesty. I am sure the hydraulic is the way to go. The Solitudes are veey nice