Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2018, 05:37 AM   #21

Try running the bath & kitchen faucet to get flow up. Also when park pressure is low use the water pump to boost pressure. Can the flow setting on the tankless unit be lowered or recalibrated?
NorthPoint5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoint5r View Post
Can the flow setting on the tankless unit be lowered or recalibrated?
To my knowledge, no it can't. The Girard has a single stage burner and to prevent an overheat shutdown, the flow thru the unit must remain where it is.

Ours kept throwing an error (E3) because our ground water was too "warm" and kept shutting down. Girard sent me a new ECO chip that had a higher overtemp setting.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:16 AM   #23

It sounds to me like your hot water is set for winter mode. Although I'm not familiar with your particular setup, most RVs have a hot water bypass that diverts the water past the hot water tank/heater because RV antifreeze is not good for the water heater. In my Alante, the diverter valve is under the kitchen sink behind a panel. Actually three valves, one into the tank, one out of the tank, and one in a cross connect.
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #24

Here is what I stumbled on when I had the same issue. Someone indicated flow so I wondered if the button on the faucet (2 options one for straight flow and one for spray) would affect the flow. as soon as I flipped the button to spray, viola hot water
Freeriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:31 AM   #25

I plan on trying these suggestions this weekend. Thank you all. I'll post my findings.
Jaycoht18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:09 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycoht18 View Post
I am not getting hot water to kitchen faucet. Is this a valve issue? If so, where would it be. I have a new eagle ht fifth wheel .
The Girard tankless is awful. Doesn't have the power to get hot water to sinks hot. I got so fed up with mine I converted back to a regular tank hot water heater. Idea seems nice but just doesn't work.
grandjim is offline   Reply With Quote