Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2021, 05:07 AM   #21

Quote-". I do have issues with the 7 pin plug making a poor connection and resulting in a message on the radio display indicating no trailer connection."

I had the same problem. Chevy dealer said the trucks are very sensitive to poor connections.They only found a bent pin in the 4 way connector harness which I never used, not related. They advised to keep your connector terminals clean and put a thin coat of dielectric grease on them. I cut thin strips of 600 grit sandpaper and wrapped them over a small strip of metal and cleaned all of my plug terminals. Lightly greased them with dielectric grease and it's been trouble free.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #22

I found that the 7 pin conn.on my '13 F150 is made in 2 pcs to facilitate assembly of the truck and bumper. The shell of the piece on the wiring harness has become loose where is goes over the part on the bumper. A couple cable ties , real tight, and we are back in business. I still can't understand why ANYBODY would want to see NOTHING on a camera that costs a lot of MONEY. I just want to pay attention to whose in front and beside me.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:50 AM   #23

I have the camera, works very well, very clear picture. I can’t get transparent view to work, my T26Y is actually slightly longer than the specs allow for with the camera so I used the maximum length in the settings but the camera will not calibrate to give me the transparent view. However it’s great for seeing if I can change lanes and to see who’s behind me, who’s coming up, and to help backup. Well worth the cost IMHO.
Formulaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 11:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach View Post
I have had the camera for over a year mounted to my 31BHBS. I had to enter the max length accepted by the camera. I have no problem with the transparent feature working properly.

I also mounted mine to a 2x4 to avoid drilling into the camper wall. Have around 5,000 miles towing it and it is rock solid.

Bob
I registered here just to praise your genius, Bob.

I've got a Jayco 29.5bhds and I've been looking at a lot of different solutions.
All of them either compromised my RV in a way I wasn't comfortable with or they were a half-season solution at best.

I'm going this route with some minor changes.

Thank you for sharing.

-Justin
jhood001 is offline   Reply With Quote