Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2017, 03:09 PM   #41
tld

I'm a little late to this thread but hated to hear all of the problems owners are having with dealers and with Jayco. My Eagle will be out of warranty this December. But I have to say that while I have had several warranty issues, Jayco has stepped up to the plate on every one of them. They even paid to replace my smartphone after the defective USB charging port in the fifth wheel burned it up! While I've had too many warranty repairs that should have never made it out of the factory, I have to say Jayco and my dealer have always reacted quickly and fairly to get the repairs taken care of.
tld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #42

The last Jayco we owned was in 1999. It was a small light weight travel trailer. We have lots of good memories when our kids were young traveling in that small trailer. Now they are grown and we want to get back to camping. We purchased a 1997 Flagstaff Pop Up that had seen much better days. We tore it apart down to the trailer, wire brushed and painted the trailer and started over. We rebuilt it from scratch! The only original items left are the air conditioner and the trailer! We learned a lot from that rebuild, mostly how cheaply trailers are built! It is a tank now! All wood, new FRP and diamond plate outside, new canvas, all new inside. We have camped all summer in it. Our son is purchasing it from us and we have ordered a new 30.5 CKTS. We are so excited. Now the kids can camp when they want to and take the pup and we could purchase something smaller for just us. After reading this thread, I am reminded of the pup and how it was originally built. I am sure trailers are no different. Just thinking of all the money we are shelling out for this! Scary!
fourbchbms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:29 AM   #43

We have purchased 3 new units and several used mixes in there as well. Our Montana we bought new back in 2007. Don’t remember having too much wrong other than minor stuff. One year later purchased a. We Damon motorhome. Multiple trips to dealer for repairs. We owned it for almost 10 years. Too many issues to even write down. Nothing under warranty after first year but did find out certain parts had their own warranty from the manufacture. Transfer switch went out 3 Yimes. Company made two of them right. Our Jayco is in the shop as we speak. Had it three days before it went back. Has been there almost a month. Had to fix slide. Said it was t adjusted right from factory. Couple other little things nothing major. Dealer has been great. I have to agree with some others. The RV industry has poor quality control and has for years imo. Very frustrating as we spend many thousands of dollars on them. So sorry you had so many issues. Best of luck on the new rig.
Shirlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:54 AM   #44

I think it's sad that a manufacturer of any product gets so smug in their attitude to their customers, of new AND used rvs . My BEST half and I are looking for a used Jayco 28 bhbe. A few owner sites describe how poorly made and serviced the new trailers are but the further back in time you go, the less and more minor the complaints are ! A few dealers are trying to push the SLX models. We looked at a few but they screamed CHEAP at you, not cheap to own so much as Cheaply made .If you can't rely on a unit with acceptable materials, what are you going to expect in the future with sub-standard materials. No comment on the manufacturing ! CASE IN POINT : One salesperson told me ( Not verified yet ) that the SLX models are made with OSB in the roof ! Remember the Jayco spiel for the past Eon years about water caused swelling in OSB and added weight etc. and now they're putting that garbage in their trailers. Seriously !!!! My Best Half and I will be looking for a good quality used , slightly older , Jayco trailer. I hope Jayco smartens up or they'll go the way of other manufacturers who've burned their customers with impunity !
Cuchulainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:33 PM   #45

Good for you. Enjoy your FR, great FW. As soon as I sell mine, its onto one that actually has a warranty that the factory stands behind and you don't get lies compiled upon lies like you do with Jayco!
Old 10-30-2017, 02:48 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
Good for you. Enjoy your FR, great FW. As soon as I sell mine, its onto one that actually has a warranty that the factory stands behind and you don't get lies compiled upon lies like you do with Jayco!
In 16 years I have never had any problem getting warranty work covered by JAYCO and that includes getting work done while 900 miles from my dealer. They approved and paid for mobile service, no questions asked.

Sounds like you have a dealer who passes the buck.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:30 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
I think it's sad that a manufacturer of any product gets so smug in their attitude to their customers, of new AND used rvs . My BEST half and I are looking for a used Jayco 28 bhbe. A few owner sites describe how poorly made and serviced the new trailers are but the further back in time you go, the less and more minor the complaints are ! A few dealers are trying to push the SLX models. We looked at a few but they screamed CHEAP at you, not cheap to own so much as Cheaply made .If you can't rely on a unit with acceptable materials, what are you going to expect in the future with sub-standard materials. No comment on the manufacturing ! CASE IN POINT : One salesperson told me ( Not verified yet ) that the SLX models are made with OSB in the roof ! Remember the Jayco spiel for the past Eon years about water caused swelling in OSB and added weight etc. and now they're putting that garbage in their trailers. Seriously !!!! My Best Half and I will be looking for a good quality used , slightly older , Jayco trailer. I hope Jayco smartens up or they'll go the way of other manufacturers who've burned their customers with impunity !
LOL! The RV world is littered with companies that tried to make a better product at a slightly higher price. Consumers, in their infinite wisdom, voted with their billfolds, and bought whichever product would save them a buck or two, in the short run.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
In 16 years I have never had any problem getting warranty work covered by JAYCO and that includes getting work done while 900 miles from my dealer. They approved and paid for mobile service, no questions asked.

Sounds like you have a dealer who passes the buck.
Grumpy;

Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones. Perhaps you'd share your secret for getting warranty work done in a timely manner. At this point Jayco has done nothing but decline, decline, decline. How can a FW that's only 6 months old, used once, (8 day trip) and actually in my possession for 5 of the 36 weeks since manufacturer have so many problems and why is every problem classified as acceptable or user caused.

Of all the posts that I've read since becoming a member it seems that you and a select few are the first to point out, despite the problem, how great Jayco is and what a wonderful product they make, despite the hugh amount of posts from people like myself telling a different story.

You usually don't see that type of loyalty from common users, so I'd like to ask, What is your connection to Jayco? You appear to be more than a casual user. Are you in any way connected, directly or indirectly with Jayco? I know of several manufacturers who have, supposed users, who's job, defend the product against all comers. Not saying that you or anyone else is, just asking because the loyalty shown here is uncharacteristic.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:24 PM   #49

flyboy1, I'm also one of the ones that have an excellent Travel Trailer that's now 7-8 years old that I bought used and to date put over 30,000 miles myself and the only expense to date is a set of tires. I do carry an extra slide motor with me just in case. Everything works and everything always worked. Sorry for your problems but many, many of us that are trouble free or close to it.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:02 PM   #50
Site Team

My 6 year old Eagle has spent a total of 2 weeks at the dealers for warranty repairs. All quickly assessed by my local dealer and approved by Jayco. They even offered to send a mobile tech once but I was able to get it back to the dealer.

I also have no connection to Jayco or my local dealer.

No argument about the lack of quality but most complaints are from the ones with troubles. Check how many units Jayco turns out annually.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:03 PM   #51
Site Team

I am also a very happy Jayco owner. And no one here that I know of is affiliated with Jayco. I was a member of the Keystone and forest river owners forums for a few years before buying my current Jayco. Both of those also have there share of very UNhappy owners but just like here the vast majority are happy with what they have. Keep in mind the mad always scream the loudest.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:21 PM   #52

Norty;

If I'm not mistaken, Thor Industries took over Jayco in 2015, just two years ago.
Might it be possible that since the takeover Jayco's overall quality just might have slipped a notch or 12. Perhaps the RV that you have today represents the quality that Jayco used to offer. Maybe, just maybe the newer RV's just can't live up to the quality that Jayco used to stand for.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and for those who've posted about how happy they are with their Jayco products.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #53

Flyboy....

EVERY manufacturer has some product issues but you want to make it sound it's ONLY Jayco!! How sad...

We've needed warrany help during the 2 year warranty period and Jayce never let us down...even on the road where are only service was from a mobile tech.

It sounds like you haven't given the process a chance and just come running in here to complain how bad Jayco service is...again how sad.

If you are not satisfied with your dealer addressing your issues call Jayco Warranty Support and talk to them direct.

Carry on....

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:11 PM   #54

Quote:
The vast majority of us have had fantastic response if and when warranty work was needed. Jayco has gone above and beyond with us.. We are very happy. If your not happy why keep jumping from thread to thread to bad mouth Jayco? It's almost like you are working for the competition...

I wish you good luck with whatever RV you decide to purchase in the future. At least you will only be turned down for their one year warranty...won't have to suffer through a second year like Jayco..

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:13 PM   #55

Quote:
snip...
You usually don't see that type of loyalty from common users, so I'd like to ask, What is your connection to Jayco? You appear to be more than a casual user. Are you in any way connected, directly or indirectly with Jayco? I know of several manufacturers who have, supposed users, who's job, defend the product against all comers. Not saying that you or anyone else is, just asking because the loyalty shown here is uncharacteristic.
Add me to the list of uncharacteristically loyal Jayco owners not affiliated in any way with Jayco. I've often said that Jayco offers the 'best bang for the buck.' I believe that and that's why I bought a Jayco.

The secret to getting warranty work done is the dealer. I've been extremely fortunate that I found Affinity RV in Prescott Valley, AZ.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:18 PM   #56

Add me to the list of loyal Canadian jayco rv campers. Does flyboy happen to be a plant for another competitor in the rv business?
Old 10-30-2017, 09:34 PM   #57

Something doesn't add up here. Too many very satisfied Jayco customers who have used warranty and were well taken care of. The ones that weren't, were usually doing/avoiding something to void the warranty or taking it to a dealer that wasn't in good standing with Jayco and didn't want to admit it. So they blame Jayco. Factory doesn't simply not honor a warranty. Has to be something we aren't hearing here.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:34 AM   #58

My 29.5 BHDS has a rear wall that is delaminating. I noticed it, but didn't report it until about the 7th month of ownership (bought new). Jayco denied the warranty because it was my responsibility to inspect and repair the roof every 6 months. Well, it wasn't the roof, it was the 3 running lights on the rear that didn't have any caulking around them. 2 of the lights looked like someone broke them off and toe nailed them with drywall screws. The dealer backed out the screws on the ladder and they were rusty (water leak). Also some damage under the awning because of no caulk around the screws on the awning mount. I feel your pain. I have Jayco and the dealer acknowledging a situation, but then throwing it on me for not catching it soon enough.
davisenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:14 PM   #59

All campers are junk and over priced :-). Buying a new camper is like playing Russian roulette. I see some that never come back to our shop and some come back in the next week. Its all about how your local Dealer treats you and how the manufacturer treats you.

In our area the FR dealer does nothing for their customers. In fact we work on them some times even though they are under warranty. Of course they pay retail. I work service side for a Jayco dealer.

Jayco has been very good to my service department. We have seen some factory units not up to the quality that they have been in the past but Jayco assured us its being corrected. These issues are being corrected here at the dealer before it gets to the customer. We have had no problems with Jayco covering items either.

Side note: I hate all campers
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:16 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
All campers are junk and over priced :-). Buying a new camper is like playing Russian roulette.
That pretty much covers how I feel about RV towables and I haven't even had any major issues with this one (yet).
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote