Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2021, 12:59 PM   #1

Goodyear Endurance Inflation Chart

I saw a post about a blow out on an Endurance tire on another part of this forum. Someone questioned the pressure and posted a link to Goodyear's inflation chart for the Endurance. Since these tires are commonly used by Jayco, at least I have a set, I thought would see if others are going by the chart for determining how much psi to run.

First, I had no idea there was a chart for the Endurance. We've had a couple of motorhomes with 22 inch wheels and a fifth wheel with 17.5 inch. I used the charts for the tires on those but never gave it a thought with the Pinnacle. I just run them at max pressure for my size tire which is 80 psi. When I last weighed my Pinnacle fully loaded for a month long trip I had 11,620 pounds on the axles. Looking at the chart 45 psi gives me 2960 pounds of load capacity for each tire which totals 11,920 pounds, if that is the way it is figured. At full pressure of 80 psi the rating is 4080 pounds for 16,320 total, almost 5000 more than I need. What I'm not sure of is should I go by the axle weight or the total weight. My total weight is 14,700 which would be about 65 psi according to the chart.

I know the sticker on my Pinnacle shows 7k axles with 80 psi for the tires but every rv I've ever owned always showed the max psi on the sticker. Our vehicles come with a recommended tire pressure which may or may not match the max pressure shown on the tire. My assumption is the pressure is adjusted for the weight of the vehicle but I've not seen this on the rv's I've owned.

Folks a whole lot smarter than me come up with these charts but, gosh, 45 psi seems awfully low to me. On the other hand, too much pressure for the load can lead to a rough ride. On my motorhomes this was keenly noticeable. I also know overinflation and underinflation can lead to some bad tire wear and maybe even a blow out.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 02:40 PM   #2

Yes, lots of it is above my paygrade as well. Dealer said run them at 80, and I do. Our Pinnacle has a 16.5K GVWR
Old 12-31-2021, 03:17 PM   #3

My original equipment Rainer C rated tires at max inflation came to almost exactly 3500 pounds. But my newer Endurance were D rated and at full pressure of 65 pounds were rated 4,400 pounds! Way over my actual scaled weight just below 3,500.

I suspect that a lot of Rvs come with the absolute minimum tire that just fits the axle ratings with little to spare.

Additionally, I ran my Endurance at 65 pounds and about rattled it to death. 55 psi gives me a lot of extra weight allowance but no more open doors and messy floors.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:11 PM   #4

I don’t know either, but I run my pressure what the rv says to run. I would think you should have at least 20% more capacity in the tires than what is needed which means 45 pounds would be too low to give you that extra safety margin.

Seems to me I read where the suspension is designed with pressure at a specific level. Too low of pressure and you might get more bounce or chucking. I’m sure someone will chime in.
Old 12-31-2021, 05:59 PM   #5

Goodyear Endurance Inflation Chart

Interesting topic. My weight at the axles on the scale is about 10K. At 2500lbs/tire I could do about 50lbs if the weight was evenly distributed. It’s not. Call it 60lbs then for insurance. So, 70-80 for me seems ok. I usually just make sure I’m at 80 before a trip and check it here and there.

Here’s a thought. Maybe you have a blowout. Non catastrophic. Maybe don’t notice it for a bit. You’d want full pressure on that bad side for sure as that remaining tire takes all the load. Maybe that doesn’t matter. I don’t know.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 06:04 PM   #6

Good point TX, even pulling out of a fuel station to the road could transfer more weight to the rear tires and/or to the front tires putting the tire and axel well over limits. A good safety margin is needed.