Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #1

Goodyear Endurance Tires

Purchased a 2018 Pinnacle 37RSTS which came with Endurance ST255/85R16 Load Range E tires. They are rated at 4080#s/tire. The unit's GVWR is 16995#. Wondering if I ought to get a higher rated set of tires. Thoughts? Thanks!~
Iyopawa Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #2

Not necesary since you deduct pin weight from GVWR for tire load.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #3

No. 20 to 25% of the weight is on the truck. You have plenty of capacity even if you load it to max GVWR, which is unlikely. I'm sure others will recommend otherwise, but it's your money. I'd rather spend it on the road than at a tire shop.
LabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #4

Sounds like you will be good as others said, save your money.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyopawa Papa View Post
Purchased a 2018 Pinnacle 37RSTS which came with Endurance ST255/85R16 Load Range E tires. They are rated at 4080#s/tire. The unit's GVWR is 16995#. Wondering if I ought to get a higher rated set of tires. Thoughts? Thanks!~
Congratulations on the new Pinnacle, Iyopawa! Very nice!

These new Goodyear Endurance trailer tires have some excellent specs---especially your 255/85/16's which have a very impressive 4,080 lb. load rating. IMO, they haven't been out quite long enough to establish a conclusive long-term reputation, but so far, so good. We have E-rated 235/85/16 GY Endurances on our Jayco Eagle; however, they don't have near the weight on them as your Pinnacle..

If you were to consider upgrading, G-rated, 110 PSI, all-steel trailer tires (14-ply rating---both tread and sidewalls have steel ply) have an excellent, established reputation--failures are very rare. Unfortunately, the 255/85/16's on your Pinnacle are an unusual trailer tire size. To my knowledge, there are very few (if any??) all-steel, G-rated, 110 PSI trailer tires available in that size.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:36 PM   #6

I would wait until the tires are 4 or 5 years old and then maybe upgrade.

I personally like to have a margin for error. Tires age and lose some capacity as the rubber gets older.

My tires are China bombs and two year old going on three, I intend to upgrade to the next higher weight rating this spring just in case.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:36 PM   #7

Thanks!

Thanks for the good responses! Greatly appreciated.
Iyopawa Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #8

The Goodyear Endurance is still a fairly new tire, made in the USA, with some high end technology. Time will tell, but they tend to have high weight ratings that other tires of similar sizes. As others have said, you need to subtract your pin weight from your total fifth wheel weight (probably somewhere in excess of 3100 lbs loaded). With a 4080 lb. weight rating these Endurance tires carry as much as most G rated tires. Maybe someone has finally made a reliable ST tire for TT's and 5th Wheels.
Cheetah053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:26 AM   #9

I've become really perplexed at dealing with the tv hookup on my 2013 Pinnacle 35LKTS. We usually use our satellite option which works with no problem. But, when trying to utilize a campground's cable service, I'm doing something wrong and can't figure out what it is. According to the instructions on the "A" and "B" jacks in the cabinet, the jumper is installed between them. Then, I have tried hooking the lead in from the outside (cable) to the jack on the "booster" plate which I presume feeds to the tv, but get nothing but snow and a message that says "digital signal too low". The tv is a 40" Toshiba and I cannot find a button on the tv or an option on the remote's menu to switch from digital to analog. I am feeling really stupid here, but what am I doing wrong? Any help is welcome.
glilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:43 AM   #10

Wrong thread

See how confused I am? Administrator: please move my tv connection question to the proper place. Thanks.
glilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:08 AM   #11

If anyone is interested, I have a set of five Endurance tires (ST235/80R16) from November of 2017 that really will do me no good as the fifth wheel I just bought will be at a permanent spot in a campground for the rest of her days. I'd hate to see these great tires just sit and dry rot over time. If anyone is in the Cincinnati area and might be interested in a deal, let me know.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
If anyone is interested, I have a set of five Endurance tires (ST235/80R16) from November of 2017 that really will do me no good as the fifth wheel I just bought will be at a permanent spot in a campground for the rest of her days. I'd hate to see these great tires just sit and dry rot over time. If anyone is in the Cincinnati area and might be interested in a deal, let me know.
Might want to check with the campground before you make the unit un-towable. Some require that they be movable even if you don't intend to.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
Might want to check with the campground before you make the unit un-towable. Some require that they be movable even if you don't intend to.

I have no intention of it not being towable. My hope is to find someone to trade wheels / tires
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
I have no intention of it not being towable. My hope is to find someone to trade wheels / tires
Gotcha, thought you were just looking to sell them.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote