Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2019, 05:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapopman View Post
We pick up our new 2020 Pinnacle 36 FBTS this coming Thursday. I noticed that it comes with Goodyear Endurance tires Load E rated at 4050 lbs. each and the GVWR on this fifth wheel is 16,500 or close to it. I noticed that the two other fifth wheels we were looking at (Solitude and Cedar Creek) both come with G rated tires. Should I be concerned with this. I put on the Goodyear G614’s on the Columbus that we are trading in and they have been great. I guess I would like to hear from anyone that has these tires with this heavy Pinnacle and if they’ve had any problems. I’ve had 3 different blowouts in the past and am a little concerned. Thanks.
While your Goodyear Endurance may be good tires, in my opinion the E rated tires on a Pinnacle are marginal for its weight. You will have blowouts with the E rated tire. After 3 blowouts on my Jayco Designer E rated tires, I upgraded the wheels and tires to G rating an never any any more issues. Since you upgraded your previous trailer, you know that the wheels have to be upgraded also based on the higher pressure rating of the G's. When I purchased my Pinnacle, I made sure it had the G rated tires (an Option that should be standard equipment).
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:19 PM   #22

The American made Goodyear Endurance tires on my trailer are rated at 4079lbs each with a speed rating of 87mph. That is pretty substantial for an E rated tire. Especially considering that the combined capacity of the four tires is over 16,000lbs. Factor in the fact that approx. 20% of the 16,900lb gross weight of the trailer is on the hitch and there is approx. 13,500lbs on the tires. That is about 3375lbs on each tire. Far below their max load capacity.

Close to 10K miles on my trailer since we got it and these tires have performed exceptionally well. Hope I haven't jinxed myself.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgelyhome View Post
While your Goodyear Endurance may be good tires, in my opinion the E rated tires on a Pinnacle are marginal for its weight. You will have blowouts with the E rated tire. After 3 blowouts on my Jayco Designer E rated tires, I upgraded the wheels and tires to G rating an never any any more issues. Since you upgraded your previous trailer, you know that the wheels have to be upgraded also based on the higher pressure rating of the G's. When I purchased my Pinnacle, I made sure it had the G rated tires (an Option that should be standard equipment).
I assume those 3 blow outs were china tires?

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:56 AM   #24

Yeah I've done the math several times at several different assumed pin weights and with 4080 lbs max on each of our Endurance E, we have lots of spare capacity.

It's the axles that concern me more with but a few hundred lbs to spare, depending on pin.

When we get to Escapees this November we are going to use their service with a "Loadmaster" to do a detailed weight analysis including left and right side loading
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:25 PM   #25

The axles concerned me too. That's why I added the MorRyde IS suspension.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #26

Earl, I would assume they were too. Had China made Tow Masters on my last 5er. Less than 2 years old and I lost three within a one week period. Don't think it was a weight issue. They were literally falling apart, big chunks falling off and cord sticking through.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgelyhome View Post
While your Goodyear Endurance may be good tires, in my opinion the E rated tires on a Pinnacle are marginal for its weight. You will have blowouts with the E rated tire. .
But that "E" ENDURANCE has a higher load carrying capacity than the
G 614

https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf
Old 09-23-2019, 05:41 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That was just for comparison..

at 110 the ENDURANCE is 4,400 the G 614 is only 3,750
They were not available last time I bought tires.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:31 AM   #29

Putting on a set of Endurance tires tomorrow on my TT. Castle Rocks are only 2 years old and sidewalls are cracked so much I'm afraid to pull it.
Mike
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:53 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
But that "E" ENDURANCE has a higher load carrying capacity than the
G 614

https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf
Like Nort, I don’t think the Endurance was available (or was fresh out of the molds) when I needed new “monkey pads”. The 614’s were getting great reviews and I bought a set and they’ve been solid for 5-ish years and 20k miles. When I replace them I’ll probably get the Endurance. Their performance is impressive and are a few $$ less I believe. The 5th is abt 13k# with3k of that on the pin so the E Endurance would be a great fit.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:51 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharris205 View Post
Earl, I would assume they were too. Had China made Tow Masters on my last 5er. Less than 2 years old and I lost three within a one week period. Don't think it was a weight issue. They were literally falling apart, big chunks falling off and cord sticking through.

We had tow masters that lasted two years. Not overweight. Lost two on the same side at the same time. Yes I checked the pressures that morning.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:29 PM   #32

Wondering about these, they were not available when I got my Jayco 2011 321 RLTS. It had some Goodyear China Bombs as stock, only D range tires. Trailer is rated for 14500. I replaced them with some Maxxis 8008 E range tires 8 years no issues. Time for a replacement now. Maxxis are still available, are the Endurance tires better?
Smithrjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:09 AM   #33

Check out this site to see if it answers your question about tire pressures. https://rvsafety.com/tools/tire-inflation-tables
Mike
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote