Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #21

As mentioned ,I just read about the issues and became quite nervous about them.just Google the tire model + complaints
Michelin has its own rv tire site at: www.michelinrvtires.com
good luck, be safe.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I had the Service Center install them on.our 2015 38 FLSA when they did the crack repair. They only do a 235 if I remember correctly.

EDIT The ENDURANCE does have a higher load range even though the 614 is a G instead of an E
The 235/85R16 Endurance has 4400 lbs maxload AT 110 psi upto 65mph. Is loadindex 132

The G614 RST in that sise 3750lbs A110 psi, but upto 99mph. Is loadindex 126.

When I calculate pressure advice for ST , I first derate them 6 LI steps, to give them same deflection as LT tire for 99 mph.

132-6 = 126.......hee.

Advantage for you is more treathdept.
For most ST treathdept is not that important, because most TT dont make that many miles.

But the tires must carry to law, together the GAWR, and that can be a problem here.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadatis View Post
The 235/85R16 Endurance has 4400 lbs maxload AT 110 psi upto 65mph. Is loadindex 132

The G614 RST in that sise 3750lbs A110 psi, but upto 99mph. Is loadindex 126.

When I calculate pressure advice for ST , I first derate them 6 LI steps, to give them same deflection as LT tire for 99 mph.
The ENDURANCE 235 & 255 is speed rated to 81 MPH (N)...
Old 01-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #24

But still the Endurance is calculated in maxload for 65mph, yist as the old Marathons.
Prove is that the lists are yust an extention of the old lists.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:55 PM   #25

Quote:
But still the Endurance is calculated in maxload for 65mph, yist as the old Marathons.
Prove is that the lists are yust an extention of the old lists.
What list?

This is the from GOODYEAR.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...ce/sizes-specs
Old 01-23-2021, 03:00 PM   #26

I tried to give the both lists, but got stuck in 4 times logging in and a blanco page at the end.
I give up., must be something in the forumsoftware.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:04 PM   #27

Quote:
I tried to give the both lists, but got stuck in 4 times logging in and a blanco page at the end.
I give up., must be something in the forumsoftware.
I think you are looking at the wrong data. This is also from RV TIRE REVIEW. (my bolding)

Goodyear Endurance Tire Review & Rating
Last modified Sep. 09, 2018 by Tire Reviews And More
The new Goodyear Endurance radial special trailer, which launched in 2017, is a welcome addition to Goodyear’s lineup. Built exclusively here in the U.S., the Endurance is quickly proving to be a worthy addition. In fact, Jayco announced that they will be using the tire on all of their vehicles moving forward.

Created for use on all types of travel trailers, pop-up campers, boat trailers, toy haulers and fifth wheels, the Endurance is available in Load Range D and E sizes. Unlike the older Marathon trailer tire, the Endurance is built to handle much heavier loads and provide much improved durability and treadlife.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:11 PM   #28

All advertising-talk. I am now wayting for the moment that they put Endurance with the same no reserve as the old Marathons on TT, or even with 10% reserve, and again many tire-failure.

That it now is a solution is that because of higher loadrange, at replacement more reserve , and advice the 80 psi fi instead of the 65 psi of the old.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:13 PM   #29
Site Team

65 psi is usually LR D, 80 psi is usually LR E.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:16 PM   #30

Quote:
All advertising-talk. I am now wayting for the moment that they put Endurance with the same no reserve as the old Marathons on TT, or even with 10% reserve, and again many tire-failure.

That it now is a solution is that because of higher loadrange, at replacement more reserve , and advice the 80 psi fi instead of the 65 psi of the old.
The ENDURANCE is only being used on TT & FW, so as I said you are looking at the wrong data. As AKRUEBBE there doesn't seem to be any bad reviews for the ENDURANCE.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:24 PM   #31

With upgrade to Endurance , always a step up in loadrange, fi from D to E.
Give a few years , and the bad reviews will come for the newer TT's , that have OEM Endurance with only recomended 10% reserve to GAWR.

To give the ST tires a reserve that will make them last up to 10 years, you need more then 30% reserve, I once calculated.

The LT G 614 for instance need only 11%, because already the higher speed for wich maxload is calculated, gives them extra reserve.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:43 AM   #32

Did it with other browser.

Not many sises the same, but for instance 235/80R16 has in both lists 3000lbs AT 65 psi.
For the old Marathons there was a system.
The list was for 65mph.
For 75mph, the pressure should be 10 psi higher.
For 85mph, and pressure + 10 psi, and 10% derating of maxload.
So same numbers for same sise, prooves to me that Endurance is calculated in maxload for the same 65mph.
Attached Thumbnails
STtiresdangerousPLClist.PNG  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rv_inflation.pdf (506.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-24-2021, 07:14 AM   #33

Quote:
Did it with other browser.

Not many sises the same, but for instance 235/80R16 has in both lists 3000lbs AT 65 psi.
For the old Marathons there was a system.

ST tires never had a speed rating increase based on pressure over an addtional 10 lbs. I have been towing for over 43 years and that was always one of the complaints from RV'ers. 65 was the max speed for 90% of the tires. This is the info you will always find posted. The MARATHON sidewalls were even marked 65 mph. The additional 10 lbs did not increase the load if you wanted to increase speed and the max was 75 never anymore.

EDIT: Found the TSB that I referenced.
https://www.tirerack.com/images/tire...plications.pdf

ST tires are designed for use on trailer axle positions only. They are not designed for the load or traction requirements of a drive or steering axle. ST tires have strengthened sidewalls to prevent the tire from rolling under the rim in turns and when cornering. All ST tires have a maximum speed rating of 65 mph.

The ENDURANCE changed all that.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:29 AM   #34

I would not bet on being able to drive 140kmph/87mph belonging to N speedrated with maxload on tire and fi 80 psi for E- load pressure filled, for the Endurance.
You will overheat the tire, but only gives blowing tire or treath seperation after a few years, when beginning cracks developed .
So at that moment you say "see it is possible" but punnishment is delayed.

There is a way to give a tire a higher speedrating with same pressure and maxload, but this is not used for the Endurance.

That way is to my conclusions using the same construction and materials as for energy-saving tires.
Those produce lesser heat a cycle at same deflection, for that reason saves energy.
In fact this system makes a less rigid tire wich still is stiff enaugh to hold the pressure in.

Continental now is first with HL tires 3 LI steps more then comparable XL tire with same pressure.
The conclusion of using the energysaving construction for that, I still have to be comfirmed by Tireman9 and Capriracer, who I sended the article about it.

But again, I dont think this is used for Endurance, yust more maxload because of given for 65mph, yust as the Marathons.

Tried to track back the official document on the internet, but it has been 1984/ George Orwelly removed.
Only the + 10 psi for 75mph from Tirerack I could find
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...aS6MAGSBQBENha

And here the link to the HL article.
https://www.automotiveworld.com/news...ad-index-code/
Old 01-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #35

Quote:
I would not bet on being able to drive 140kmph/87mph belonging to N speedrated with maxload on tire and fi 80 psi for E- load pressure filled, for the Endurance.
Anybody who tows a FW or TT that fast is, in my opinion, STUPID and in most states totally illegal so that is a mute point.

As I said I've been doing this for over 40+ years,(started in 1973) covering all lower 48 states and the major 10 Canadian provinces with well over an average of 10,000 miles a yr in later years and I've never had a blow out no matter what brand tire.

How long have you been towing an RV?????

Could that be because I followed what the tire manufacturer recommended as far as pressure and speed. I think so.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:50 PM   #36

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Grumpy x2
In Europe tires probably won't blow - their highway speed limit is 80 km hour (50 mi/hour) if you pull a Trailer.
My experience with RV's is over 50 years and never lost a tire due to speed or overheating. Road crap like a bolt entering a tire happened once.
Places where they can drive 75 mi on the highways and also have high outside temp will have more blow outs than places where the speed limit is 60 mi/hour and lower outside temp. Most RV's are under-rated on axles, rims and tires and are not made to last. I let the Tire-Industry brag about their tires on this forum I like to have fun.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote