Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #1

Gooseneck hitch

Does anyone pull with a gooseneck setup? I am thinking about doing this. Any thought?
P.S. It will still be under warranty when the pin box is changed to a Reese.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:30 PM   #2

I pull with a gooseneck, the Andersen Ultimate hitch. A healthy adapter attaches to the pinbox and my hitch is mounted on the rails. They also make a hitch that mounts into your truck bed gooseneck ball if you have that setup. The Andersen Ultimate only weights 47 or 48 lbs. and is rated at 22,000 lbs. Real easy to put on/take off and move. Check it out on Google.

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:18 PM   #3

I had narrowed it down to three hitches when I bought my fifth wheel. I chose the Andersen Ultimate over the Reese Goosebox and the PullRite SuperLite. I had such a great experience with this company over the years, I stayed with them moving from bumper pull to 5'er.

The Andersen uses a gooseneck ball, but I am not sure it is truly a gooseneck hitch.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:00 PM   #4

I pull with the 20k Goose Box.

I preferred to keep my warranty from being affected while I kept my bed clear.

Pulls smooth.

Takes a little longer to hook up.

And mine still keeps losing air after sitting for long periods. Thought I had it narrowed down to blow off valve threads, but I need to keep spraying the soapy water to find the other leaks apparently.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
Does anyone pull with a gooseneck setup? I am thinking about doing this. Any thought?
P.S. It will still be under warranty when the pin box is changed to a Reese.
I use the Andersen Ultimate that uses the gooseball in the pickup to mount the hitch. iT is not a " gooseneck hitch " even tho it uses a ball at the kingpin using an adapter. Use this or the goosebox , not the gooseneck adapter that goes straight down. I've used several types & brands & like the AUH best.
I see your here in Tx so you will need the chains with either of the AUH, gooseneck ,or goosebox. The Andersen is debatable if it needs them or not but I use them & have my A non-cdl just in case.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:10 PM   #6

I also have the Anderson Ultimate 5th when hitch. So far, I've only pulled the North Point home from the dealer but it was very smooth. Going about 300 miles round trip this weekend so I'll have a better opinion when we get back.

Vic
Chopperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #7

Have put almost 3000 miles on our 30.5MBOK since last April towing with the Anderson Ultimate Hitch and love it!! So easy & light to remove so I can have my whole truck's bed empty when not camping.
FlaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaFF View Post
Have put almost 3000 miles on our 30.5MBOK since last April towing with the Anderson Ultimate Hitch and love it!! So easy & light to remove so I can have my whole truck's bed empty when not camping.
I also have a 30.5 MBOK and pull with an Andersen Ultimate hitch. At first, I was very unhappy with the "chucking" over bumps. I since purchased a MorRyde pinbox and it made a huge difference. I also reversed the adapter which gives me more clearance at the cab on tight turns when backing. I think the chucking is still there but I just don't feel it now.
1carguy is offline   Reply With Quote