Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 PM   #1

Graphics

My NorthPoint graphics on the side are starting to fade and the gold one is splitting.
What can be done?? They are going fast.
My SOB dried up, cracked and spit and flaked off. It looked horrible.
I planned on a few more years with this NorthPoint, the graphics won’t make it.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #2

I would think the only thing you can do now is to minimize any further deterioration of the graphics. Maybe a regular application of 303 or another type of protection.

What type of protection/wax have you used? Maybe it has helped accelerate the issue? You could go to the extreme with a ceramic coating [emoji16]

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:38 PM   #3

I haven’t put anything on it.
I had it coated with whatever the dealer was selling when I bought it and used the “special” soap recommended.

The side that is fading faces east and takes the sun up until 12:00, but I’m sure it’s not near the sun that you get in Texas.
I was thinking about using 303. I guess that’s my only hope from what I’m finding.

On my SOB I used a soap called Gold Wax (transports truck’s use it to wash off the soot and road grime) it is really harsh. I figured that’s what did in my old graphics....it took off black streaks and left a shine when it dried.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:56 PM   #4

You’re right, the sun down here can be brutal.

I use the same car wash I use on my truck for the trailer. Same with wax.

I wash using Chemical Guys “Glossworkz” soap. Then I usually use Meguiars synthetic Xpress wax as a drying agent. I’ve also used Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax with great results. Really, I think the secret is to keep some type of wax protection on it. Since I wash and wax after every time I use the trailer, my graphics are still in good shape. It rarely goes more than 3 months without a reapplication of wax. Not everyone can do this but if you use a good wax or sealant, once every 6 months should be fine.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:03 PM   #5

I bought a gallon of 303. I don't want my new graphics suffer the same fate as my 2007 trailer. Time will tell but I read on the internet that people are having good experiences doing this. It must be true
crockettlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:35 PM   #6

Wash Wax All

I just bought my first trailer this year. I also had the dealer stuff put on. (5 year guarantee or some s..t) Once I saw them apply it, I didn’t trust it. I have a couple of buddies that recommended “Wash Wax All”. So I started with that.

Have any of you had experience with this stuff. It sure goes on easy. I take care of my cars, and have been a hand application guy. But as you know a trailer is a lot more than a car.

I don’t want to highjack your restoration question, but on graphics, I don’t think you can bring them back, other than replacement. If somebody knows how to “Rub them out”, I hope they chime in.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote