Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2022, 04:30 AM   #1

Gray and black tanks

I have a new jayco north point 382flrb. It is equipped with 3 grey tanks and 2 black tanks. All of the material is going to tank 1? Is there a diagram for the valves under the unit?
I have two dump locations.
It appears that tank 1 should be for kitchen and bath in main gallery, tank 2 for master bath and shower and possibly tank 3 if you have washing machine? Ids this correct or am I missing something? Thanks
Dsample01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:41 AM   #2

My 2021 382FLRB is as follows: Front Flush that is in the wet bay, where the water hookups are, is for the Main or #1 black tank - that is the bathroom in the rear. The toilet and our installed washing machine in the linen closet area in the rear flow in to that black tank. Why the washing machine does that I have no idea? The dump valves for this set up is at the far rear of the vehicle - has 2 grey tank and 1 black tank pulls.

The flush that is at the rear behind the tandem wheels is black tank #2 and that is for the toilet in the half bath and the kitchen sink in the island. The pull valves for this set up is located under the kitchen slide - 1 black and 1 grey pull valve.

Hope that helps.
pppbigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:40 PM   #3

2021 382FLRB tanks - error in design or production

We have a 2021 382FLRB which we bought used in Sept 2021. As we are getting familure with the unit the tanks seemed to be messed up. Our black tanks were filling without us using either toilet. Last week we setup specifically to determine what was happening. To our dismay we found out that the rear bathroom lavatories drain to Black #1. Outside kitchen drains to Gray #3. Shower drains to Gray #1. These are the three dump valves at the rear of the unit. The flush connection in the front in the utility door connects to this Black #1. The Kitchen sink drains to Black #2. Half bath lavatory drains to Gray #2. Black #2 and Gray #2 dump with the valves in front of the the wheels. The flush connection for Black #2 is in the side of the unit behind the wheels.
I called Jayco to let them know that we have a problem, gray water draining into black tanks, that needs to be corrected.

I know that some people do not care about this arrangement but I do. When we bought this unit I made it clear that we were buying it to be full-time RVers. I can not have the black tanks being filled with gray water, especially when we are boondocking. The dealer did not disclose this before or after our purchase. However, their service department confirmed that gray water should not be draining into the black tanks.
Jayco initially said, "we are not sure that it is an error." It is an error either in design or in production and we will get it fixed.
Today I stopped by a Jayco dealer different than the one we bought the unit from. When I explained the problem, they confirmed that Jayco had approved making the corrections on several 382s to solve this problem and that they had made the corrections. The solution requires making a change to the plumbing.
I was told that the 2022 models do not have this problem. Can anyone confirm this?
I will let you know how the correction goes.
JesusIsGrace is offline   Reply With Quote