Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2020, 05:52 PM   #1

Question Gray tank leak - 347BHOK

We have a 347BHOK. Just dewinterized today and discovered the gray tank fir the kitchen and half bth is leaking. There is not an acres panel close enough to look. Anyone else experience this? So sad just thinking to take in for warranty for a third time. Thanks
Spleds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:03 AM   #2

Yes very sad indeed. However for a holding tank and if still under warranty, I would take it in. Normally they will drop the belly cover and not cut the under belly cover for access to inspect/repair as I did for mine. Although I wasn't under warranty. Gorilla construction tape (NASCAR quality) is awesome. My access cover never in five years came loose.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleds View Post
We have a 347BHOK. Just dewinterized today and discovered the gray tank fir the kitchen and half bth is leaking. There is not an acres panel close enough to look. Anyone else experience this? So sad just thinking to take in for warranty for a third time. Thanks
Hope it's not a cracked pipe or drain valve since it only showed up after the winter thaw.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:27 AM   #4

Exactly!
Another reason I use the pink pop for winterizing. This way it'll get to those valves and keep them from freezing and breaking. Yes, I understand you can blow the lines out with air, drain the tanks again after you're done, bla, bla, bla... time is money and it's still cheaper for me to pay and extra $5 or $6 for 2 more gallons and be done with it and not have to worry.

Back to you post, if you take it in make sure they DROP the coroplast underbelly and not cut it open like field dressing a deer. Yes, it's much easier for them to cut it, but do it the right way and carefully take it down. I'd be surprised if it was the tank. If I had to place a bet, I'd say it's the valve and depending on how sharp of a pencil your dealer has will determine if its gonna be warranty or not.

Keep us posted on the outcome and good luck!
Old 04-13-2020, 11:48 AM   #5

She 'The Palace' is still under warranty and is scheduled to go on April 21st. We sure hope it is not from a frozen pipe because I am not sure warranty covers it. Whatever it is, hopefully it is a quick fix and our camping opens up here in Ohio next month. We will make note of the tips. I will post an update in a few weeks :-)
Spleds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #6

We had this on our 2019 Pinnacle. It was a stinky mess because the liner would fill up with gray water. While on a trip, we contacted the dealer and they told us to cut a hole and drain it because it may collapse. That was a ton of fun!

It turned out the problem was where the pipe attaches to the tank. It wasn't aligned properly and had a gap. The dealer had to rework the joint for it to seal properly. They also (at my insistence, replaced the coroplast liner. They tried to just tape it up initially.)

Good luck with yours!
tfoliver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
347bhok, gray tank