Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2021, 04:06 PM   #1

Gremlins?????

I am out at a 30amp site. Went to bed with the AC running, along with the ceiling fan and my CPAP machine.

I woke up to my Norcold fridge displaying a hi-lo temp error displaying. I also noticed that my LED lighting in the ceiling was half lit, almost like a brown out.

I was more concerned about the refrigerator so I started looking for hacks to fix that and did the magnet trick on it and it would work for approximately 30 seconds and then kick out again.

Eventually none of the interior lights in my fifth wheel worked anymore. After a thorough check of various items I found that the Convertor Reverse Polarity 25 amp fuse had blown.

I replaced that and everything was working again. Has anyone ever experienced this? And what is the cause of it?
DJP6371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 05:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP6371 View Post
I am out at a 30amp site. Went to bed with the AC running, along with the ceiling fan and my CPAP machine.

I woke up to my Norcold fridge displaying a hi-lo temp error displaying. I also noticed that my LED lighting in the ceiling was half lit, almost like a brown out.

I was more concerned about the refrigerator so I started looking for hacks to fix that and did the magnet trick on it and it would work for approximately 30 seconds and then kick out again.

Eventually none of the interior lights in my fifth wheel worked anymore. After a thorough check of various items I found that the Convertor Reverse Polarity 25 amp fuse had blown.

I replaced that and everything was working again. Has anyone ever experienced this? And what is the cause of it?
Is your unit wired for 50 amps, if so how are you connected to 30 amps? Do you have an adapter that powers both legs of the 50 amp service? I am wondering if you are only powering one leg and creating a problem.