Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2018, 09:17 PM   #1

Grey water tanks

I recently purchased a 2012 Jayco Eagle 321 RTLS 5th wheel. It has two dump valves for the grey water tanks and on the display inside it shows the level for grey water tank #1 and grey water tank #2.
My owners manual only speaks on one tank and everything I can find online only speaks of one tank.
Does anyone know the capacity of the tanks?
KWDAILYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWDAILYD View Post
I recently purchased a 2012 Jayco Eagle 321 RTLS 5th wheel. It has two dump valves for the grey water tanks and on the display inside it shows the level for grey water tank #1 and grey water tank #2.
My owners manual only speaks on one tank and everything I can find online only speaks of one tank.
Does anyone know the capacity of the tanks?
The brochures only give the total capacity (mine says 87g) but there is one under the basement floor and one under the kitchen in mine. I don't know th sizes but I would assume that the kitchen would be smaller and the basement one could be the same size as the black (50g) which would make the kitchen 37g. Just educated guessing on my part. If you take out the basement wall you can see the kitchen tank.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:19 AM   #3

One tank is for the galley sink and it is 30 gallons. The other is for the shower and lavy sink and it is 50 gallons. The black tank is also 50 gallons. You have a 75 gallon fresh water tank.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzwiss View Post
One tank is for the galley sink and it is 30 gallons. The other is for the shower and lavy sink and it is 50 gallons. The black tank is also 50 gallons. You have a 75 gallon fresh water tank.
Thanks for the reply. The owners manual confirms the 50 gal. black tank but it says it has an 87 gal fresh water tank and an 86 gal. Gray tank. The info on Jayco's site says the same thing.
It's obvious to me it has two gray water tanks. I'm unsure of the capacity of each because I haven't been able to find any info on them.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:33 AM   #5

Call Jayco with your VIN number and they will answer your question and send you a schematic of the plumbing if you ask. Skidawg
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #6

Thank you, didn't know they would do that.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:23 AM   #7
Site Team

The kitchen tank is 37 gal., shower/ lavatory is 50 gal.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
The kitchen tank is 37 gal., shower/ lavatory is 50 gal.
Thank you for the info. That makes sense. I did put in a request to Jayco
Old 06-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #9

Quote:
I was told by Jayco a few years ago the tank sizes are what I stated above. The 86 gallons of fresh water includes the water heater.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:34 PM   #10

Quote:
I was told by Jayco a few years ago the tank sizes are what I stated above. The 86 gallons of fresh water includes the water heater.
Thanks again for your response. Hopefully Jayco will respond to my request.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:27 PM   #11

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
I went through the exact same thing two years ago with Jayco on the literature vs two grey tanks on my 2017 North Point 377 RLBH. Black tank is 50 gal, Grey 1 shower is 50 gal, however, Grey 2 kitchen is 35 gal.

Now just recently, with about a gallon and a half of standing water in the shower, I decided to drain grey 1 into four 5 gallon buckets to see if 50 gallons come out. I was shocked to get 63 gallons! So now I feel compelled I gotta do it to grey 2 to verify the 35 gal posted. BTW, I will not try this on this on the black tank, even for curiosity sakes! It too could very well be the same.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:06 PM   #12

I got a response back from Jayco yesterday. They ssid the fresh water tank is 75 gal. The shower and lavatory gray tank is 50 gal. and the kitchen gray water tank is 37 gal. I believe this is what was mentioned earlier in this post
Old 06-28-2018, 11:11 PM   #13

Exactly. My orig brochure said I had 85 gal of fresh water capacity. It rarely strikes anyone to think the 10 gal water heater tank is part of that. So Jayco now lists fresh water tank at 75 gallons for North Points and similar.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Old 06-29-2018, 06:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Now just recently, with about a gallon and a half of standing water in the shower, I decided to drain grey 1 into four 5 gallon buckets to see if 50 gallons come out. I was shocked to get 63 gallons! So now I feel compelled I gotta do it to grey 2 to verify the 35 gal posted. BTW, I will not try this on this on the black tank, even for curiosity sakes! It too could very well be the same.
If you had water sitting in the shower pan then I can see it being more than 50g but I would have only expected maybe 3-4g extra. You would have filled all of the bathroom drain lines and the vent stack above the top of the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWDAILYD View Post
I got a response back from Jayco yesterday. They ssid the fresh water tank is 75 gal. The shower and lavatory gray tank is 50 gal. and the kitchen gray water tank is 37 gal. I believe this is what was mentioned earlier in this post
Yup, in post #2.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
If you had water sitting in the shower pan then I can see it being more than 50g but I would have only expected maybe 3-4g extra. You would have filled all of the bathroom drain lines and the vent stack above the top of the tank.

Yup, in post #2.

One other thing interesting about this test was that I turned on the bath sink faucet to see if it would fill up into the sink and it never did. I shined a light down the drain and level never rose. I’m guessing I may have ran it for another gallon. This led me to believe it may be draining to the kitchen gray tank? Surely not! So the other day on another dump, I did a test with grey 1 valve open and ran the bath sink faucet again and sure enough, it was coming out. So where was the sink water going to? I’m now guessing it would then have to back up into the shower pan? I don’t recall seeing the level of water in the shower rising any as I kept watch.

I’ll try it again sometime, with water level at shower drain.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:56 AM   #16

The same thing happened to me accidentally. I was running the kitchen & bath taps to fill the grey tanks so I could do a full tank dump. I forgot the bathroom tap was on for a while and when I checked the sink was within an inch or two of the top and not rising. Dump valves were all closed.

Because I was running the kitchen tap too I couldn't tell if it went there but if you look at the plumbing in the basement behind the covers the sink is the highest drain so it could have been using the vent stack as a crossover to either of the other waste tanks.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:26 PM   #17

Quote:
The same thing happened to me accidentally. I was running the kitchen & bath taps to fill the grey tanks so I could do a full tank dump. I forgot the bathroom tap was on for a while and when I checked the sink was within an inch or two of the top and not rising. Dump valves were all closed.

Because I was running the kitchen tap too I couldn't tell if it went there but if you look at the plumbing in the basement behind the covers the sink is the highest drain so it could have been using the vent stack as a crossover to either of the other waste tanks.

As there is only two roof top pipe vents (one for black, other would have to be for both greys) then this proves it, a crossover pipe vent stack that links both grey tanks. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-07-2018, 09:33 PM   #18

Quote:
The brochures only give the total capacity (mine says 87g) but there is one under the basement floor and one under the kitchen in mine. I don't know th sizes but I would assume that the kitchen would be smaller and the basement one could be the same size as the black (50g) which would make the kitchen 37g. Just educated guessing on my part. If you take out the basement wall you can see the kitchen tank.
Yup your right
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote