Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #1

Grill quick connect fitting for 2011 365BHS

Getting a grill for this unit in about 2 weeks that mounts on side of 5th wheel. I was talking with salesman and asked about the needed hookup hose to attach the unit at gas pipe line under trailer. His eyes glazed over and he started saying I would need to contact the gas company?? Was wondering if anyone had a part number they have used to make that connection so I can get that purchased before unit arrives. Thanks for any and all help!!
Rljones61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #2

Camper 10

I purchased a new 2010 365 BHS this fall. I have a question for another 365 BHS owner. Have you camped when the temp is warm? My air flow to the back bunk house is below average. This fall, the temp was 85 and the bunk house was hot with the air on high. Just wanted to know, I love the camper and it is great for my kids. I did not purchase the outside grill, I cannot help you with your concern.
Camper 10
taylorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #3

I wonder why that trailer saleman asked you to contact a gas company??? You'd think he could "special order" the needed gas parts for you.

If wondering... My 2006 Jayco 29FBS TT came with a side grill with "quick connect" with manual shut-off valve on its gas piping as well... Since this gas piping came factory, you'd think it would be "optional" upgrades on other Jayco trailer's as well. If wondering, I removed this manual valve and "quick connect" (off my TT) - since I don't use this attached side grill at my seasonal camp site. When grill is hanging off the trailer's side, IMO - its too much heat. I use a normal BBQ with its own tank instead. And, it allows me portability (on our TT's deck).

Hope this helps...
Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #4

To obtain 3rd party part number (instead of Jayco's part number), you might want to contact folks @ http://www.campingworld.com/ as well. Simply call them or send them an email. Or if a store in your region, visit their large parts store. And when part number is known, you can also compare their selling (install) prices.

If your current RV salesrep cannot help, then perhaps other RV dealers (parts stores) in your area can help as well. Luckily, I have 2 RV dealers within my area. And, each has different selling prices on the exact same item. Thus, it saves to shop around as well...

Hope this helps...

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #5

Hose for grill

easy fix , it called a quick connect. you can finds this your local home depot, Tractor Supply ,Manards ... hope this helps... the hose connector for both ends is universal... once you get to either stores mentioned above go to the dept where they keep all the bar-becue grill on displays you will find it there..
Old 02-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #6

Congrats on your new 365. I just picked mine up in Nov. I bought the grill as the option and it came with the hose. I am surprised your grill does not come with a hose though? If you did not get one you can google a propane qick connect hose. Fairview is the manufacture that makes most of the propane fittings put on our units and it must be rated for gas and not compressed air. From there your most likely going to need some brass fittings from your local supply to mount it on the unit if it does not fit out of the box. I had a second line run for my Coleman free standing grill that I put a 15ft quick connect hose on for my last trailer. Took some tweaking but it beats carrying spare propane cylinders around. Good luck.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #7

I know what you are talking about. I had the rear windows (and whole unit) tinted with aftermarket 5% film. I had a professional install, well worth it. Next we closed off the fan vent as it allowed a lot of heat in. It gets quick dark in there now, but heat is much,much less. The fan cover was an aftermarket part we got from camping world. hope that helps...
Rljones61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #8

Mine came ready to go from factory.
Adopt a shelter pet!

2009 Jayco Designer 37RLQS
2011 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax Crew Cab 4X4 Dually
20K Curt Q5 hitch
av8arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8arkie View Post
Mine came ready to go from factory.
Mine also
Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #10

I have the same airflow issue in the rear of our unit, we are thinking about tinting the windows this spring we did close off the roof vent, another thing we are looking at adding is a fan switch for the furnace so we can run the fan on hot days
stancsr is offline   Reply With Quote