Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2022, 10:43 AM   #1

Grill Recommendation

I could use some specific help. I own a 2015 Pinnacle RSQS with an outside grill port. It is fed from the output side of my tank regulator. Everything is OEM. I believe this is a "low pressure" regulator because the Coleman grill that I presently use has a very low flame output (this Coleman grill is a "high pressure" grill). My question is simple: "What grand of outside portable grill is best to use with my existing external port?" No guesses please!
ahill261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:55 AM   #2
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill261 View Post
I could use some specific help. I own a 2015 Pinnacle RSQS with an outside grill port. It is fed from the output side of my tank regulator. Everything is OEM. I believe this is a "low pressure" regulator because the Coleman grill that I presently use has a very low flame output (this Coleman grill is a "high pressure" grill). My question is simple: "What grand of outside portable grill is best to use with my existing external port?" No guesses please!

You might try searching here in the search feature at the top of the page in the gold bar or just use Google or Amazon but the easiest is to remove your regulator and make up your own connection. We don't guess here. We all know what we are talking about

You also would have to search for grills without regulators. Not sure what that might bring up. Most of us just made up our own, unregulated line which involves removing the regulator from your grill.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ect-26080.html

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:09 AM   #3

ahill261, allow me to take a stab at what I believe your actual problem is. I think you are saying that you current set-up for grilling has a very low flame. If that is the issue, then I will offer this. If you connect a grill to your RV gas outlet, then you must understand that the RV outlet is already regulated. If your grill that you are connecting to the RV had a regulator on it, then you will get nothing but a very small flame. I simply removed the regulator from my Weber grill and then connected to the RV and all is well. As I said, just a taking a stab at what I believe you are asking. I could very easily be wrong. Anyway, happy grilling. SKIDAWG
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
Ruger, Rhodesian Ridgebacks
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidawg View Post
ahill261, allow me to take a stab at what I believe your actual problem is. I think you are saying that you current set-up for grilling has a very low flame. If that is the issue, then I will offer this. If you connect a grill to your RV gas outlet, then you must understand that the RV outlet is already regulated. If your grill that you are connecting to the RV had a regulator on it, then you will get nothing but a very small flame. I simply removed the regulator from my Weber grill and then connected to the RV and all is well. As I said, just a taking a stab at what I believe you are asking. I could very easily be wrong. Anyway, happy grilling. SKIDAWG

^^^ This, I also run the Weber Q and removed the regulator. It works fantastic off the RV gas port. You will have the low flame issue with any grill if it's 'double regulated'.
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 03:26 PM   #5

Grill Recommendation

It’s a slightly different direction than you were asking, but we used to use our Camp Chef Expedition 60 (now seems to be called an Expedtion 2X). Our setup had the “Griddle - 1 Burner” permanently stationed on one burner and would alternate between the “BBQ Grill Box - 1 Burner”, a pan and the Dutch Oven dome on the other as necessary. Ours was (is) still in pretty good shape for being about 8-10 years old and bouncing around in storage compartments for a lot of that time. There’s no reason one couldn’t put the double burner griddle or grill box on it, just we didn’t need it.

The big benefit of this is the flexibility it offers, depending on what you want to cook. The big disadvantage is that it’s heavy.

To convert from a 20lb to the RV connector, we just needed a hose with the quick disconnect one one end and the flared connector on the other (Camp Chef’s “RV Connection Hose” is the official one), which should be readily available from a lot of places.

Once our boys stopped coming with us, we downsized to a Blackstone 17 griddle, which also connects to the RV port with a slightly different hose end than the camp chef, and stopped bringing any sort of actual grill as the vast majority of what we cook doesn’t need it.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:04 PM   #6

They now make that 17" Blackstone Adventure with an attached air fryer...very temping.
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:51 PM   #7

Propane Gear offers adapters for most grills (and griddles) so you can use the propane tanks on your RV instead of 1 pound, or 20 pound, tanks. Be sure to get one that has a shutoff at the grill's connection too... otherwise, you'll need to crawl below your RV to turn on/off the gas at the quick connect.
They offer hose connectors for the two most popular choices: Weber Q's and Blackstones.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 06:18 PM   #8

We have the Blackstone grill, two burner, and love it...although I would like to downsize to the 17" one burner version since just me and the wife ...the 22" is little too big and weighty.

I use the quick disconnect hose connected directly to the Blackstone gas input...do not use the Blackstone regulator since the RV gas line is already regulated as others have already stated....works great for us.
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:34 PM   #9

Our 17 Northpoint we started off with a Coleman Roadtrip LXE. I had to "molest" the regulator assembly from the little propane bottles to work with a 12' whip and quick connect on the trailer from the factory. Pretty easy to do. I watched a video on you tube to see how the assemble came apart, got a few brass fittings from my local hardware store and it works perfect. The Roadtrip is a little hard to find because Coleman discontinued it a few years ago. However there are still a few new in the box on ebay yet and decent prices too.
Now, last summer our camping friends got another new Jayco and it came with the Blackstone griddle. DW said we need one. I ended up getting one and took the factory fitting off the griddle, added a male quick connect fitting to it and bought a 12' quick connect whip off amazon. Plug and play and that works great as well. We travel with both, for now.
Depends on which way you want to go, grill or griddle??? Hmmm... decisions, decisions. Lol!
Good luck!
Old 01-26-2022, 08:25 AM   #10

You also would have to search for grills without regulators. Not sure what that might bring up. Most of us just made up our own, unregulated line which involves removing the regulator from your grill.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ect-26080.html[/QUOTE]

Or a grill with a regulator that can be removed.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:29 AM   #11

I've got the Weber Q that stays in the basement of my NP. I removed the regulator and use the quick connects on the NP. I have a 22" Blackstone that I use at the house, but when we go out in the RV, the 22" gets put in the back of the truck bed. I removed the regulator from the Blackstone to use with the quick connect as well.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill261 View Post
I believe this is a "low pressure" regulator because the Coleman grill that I presently use has a very low flame output (this Coleman grill is a "high pressure" grill). My question is simple: "What grand of outside portable grill is best to use with my existing external port?" No guesses please!
As others have stated, the issue is two regulators. if you're otherwise happy with the Coleman, just remove its regulator and you'll be fine.

If you're looking to go to a better grill, consider the Weber Q series. We went from a Coleman Roadtrip to a Weber Q2200 and couldn't have been happier (until we got the Blackstone 22" griddle ).
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:22 PM   #13

We bought the Coleman Road Trip 285 and love it. The grill grates are interchangeable. They have a "flat top" insert as well as a stove top insert. It folds for transport or storage.
They also have a nice cover that's inexpensive.
Very versatile grill. Check it out.
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:16 PM   #14

How to make your own BBQ Grill Propane line

Here are all the parts that you need to assemble your own quick connect propane line of the passenger side propane tank. Works well, I found how to do this from a couple that I follow on youtube; Chad and Tara from Changing Lanes. He also has a video on how he hooked it up on GD Momentum.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VYGNDQ...glanes_dp_vv_d
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071ZYPB41...glanes_dp_vv_d
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J63DYI6...s_dp_vv_d&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003RW4IWE...s_dp_vv_d&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JCWJ9D...glanes_dp_vv_d
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MYFPAK...glanes_dp_vv_d
Cookma60 is offline   Reply With Quote