Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
I have the 2016 Pinnacle with the LCI 3.0 leveling system. My foot pads are all black and only the front landing gear can be manually lowered before running the pads to the ground. I have had only one issue with the auto level and that was on a site that sloped from front to rear. After struggling with out of stroke errors or auto level errors, I finally got it level per a bullet level I carry with me. The middle Jack’s would not extend because I wasn’t level within tolerance levels of the system. The 2016 version of this system does not allow the middle jacks to be operated manually independent of the rear jacks. I later had a conversation with an LCI tech and learned I had probably lowered my landing pads too close to the ground before running them to the ground. This did not allow the front gear enough available travel to level up. The other trick he told me was to always start the auto level with the nose high (red light to the rear). I have done this ever since and have never had another issue (knock on wood).

Can you use this system to check your level from an app on your phone?
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
I can control the leveling on my phone. Also the slides, main awning, and one other thing, I forget. I think it's lighting.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #23

Quote:
I do not believe I can use an app on my phone for the 2016 version of the Ground Control 3.0 system. There is a remote with the Pinnacle that lets me put out the slides and awning. There is a leveler option on the remote but I always level from the Leveling control panel on the off door side. Once level, I retrieve the remote from just inside the door into the kitchen. I find getting a signal on my smart phone is questionable in many of the places I find myself.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
I can control the leveling on my phone. Also the slides, main awning, and one other thing, I forget. I think it's lighting.

Does it show the level of the R, so I can check with my Anderson levelers while in the truck?
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Does it show the level of the R, so I can check with my Anderson levelers while in the truck?
I don't think so. I'm new to this and I haven't even used the phone app so I'm no help. I did just check the app and it allows control of all the jacks, and hitch level.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #26

Mines a 2017 with silver pads. They are adjustable but I did not know that till I read this thread.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #27

Ground Control 3.0 Six Point Leveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
During PDI, dealer told me to lower the back four legs two holes before hitting autolevel. Also, the landing gear, told me to lower it no more than 4-6 holes before dropping landing gear, prior to leveling. Does anyone else do this? Or do you just put lego blocks/wood blocks under legs before leveling to prevent out of stroke errors?

I prefer wooden 4x4 blocks. I have plenty of them I carry around in the bed of my truck. And I have plenty of them at the house left oven from a wooden fence I built years ago.

My thought is the less you extend the Jack or metal foot leg the less movement you should have in the unit when moving around inside. But like i said that is simply my thought.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:39 AM   #28

I use 5 lego blocks under the rear jacks. Faster than messing with the pin and also as stated in the last post, you will get more movement when you lower the pads using the pin.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:40 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmiddlebrooks View Post
I prefer wooden 4x4 blocks. I have plenty of them I carry around in the bed of my truck. And I have plenty of them at the house left oven from a wooden fence I built years ago.

My thought is the less you extend the Jack or metal foot leg the less movement you should have in the unit when moving around inside. But like i said that is simply my thought.
I think I'm gonna stick with lego blocks. I used both wood and lego's this time. Wood blocks a pain to haul around. Well, not really, but just something else I gotta make more room for. I've got legos and they're lightweight.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #30

I have the same system. I dont touch my back 4. I put 3 blocks under each. I also put 3 under the front. I drop the fronts all the way down raise them up one spot. Lift off the truck and level
Poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:09 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyof5 View Post
I have the same system. I dont touch my back 4. I put 3 blocks under each. I also put 3 under the front. I drop the fronts all the way down raise them up one spot. Lift off the truck and level
Do you use the plastic lego blocks or wood 4x4s or something like that? And when you say you drop the fronts all the way down and up one spot before unhitching, are you pulling the pin and dropping or lowering the landing gear by motor?
Old 04-24-2019, 06:17 PM   #32

After messing around with the jacks for some time, I find the best method for leveling mt Pinnacle is to manually extend the legs on each jack to the max (4 holes) and repin each one. I then use two 2 by 10 boards (about 10" long) under each jack, hit auto level and its all good.
B&W Companion Hitch
Westyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:23 PM   #33

Maybe some of the confusion here is that some of the leveling systems are all electric and some are all hydraulic. Mine is hydraulic and there is no manual adjustment in any of the six jacks. On mine just unhook, move truck, push auto level button and watch the magic.