Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #1

Ground control error

On our trip the week I tried to auto level the rig. Got RF error. Hmmm. So I retracted as directed. Still got the error. Extend and retract again. No change. Ended up trying to manually level the trailer. Got home, checked all my connections, unplugged the controller, extend and retract all. Still get the error!

What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #2

I had a problem with mine awhile back.
Fronts would do their thing. The backs would almost get to the ground and stop (I could manually lower them), the stabilizers would barely move and the system would error out. It ended up being a bad rear leveling sensor. Replaced it and it has worked good since.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #3

My issue is the front. Wonder if it has a sensor as well

Old 07-06-2017, 05:52 PM   #4

Front sensor is built into the control board

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
On our trip the week I tried to auto level the rig. Got RF error. Hmmm. So I retracted as directed. Still got the error. Extend and retract again. No change. Ended up trying to manually level the trailer. Got home, checked all my connections, unplugged the controller, extend and retract all. Still get the error!

What am I missing?

Tom give them a call. The time I had a problem with mine, they walked me thru it and problem was solved.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #6

Ours kept "stroking out". In order to stop that we now put 6" x 6" wood pieces under each of the jacks and re-calibrated with those in place. Haven't had an issue since. I know its so frustrating when it keeps happening. I look at some 2018's yesterday and it appears that Jayco moved the jacks lower to the ground to maybe fix that issue, but to me they are TOO close to the ground and could be damaged hitting a pot hole or such.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Tom give them a call. The time I had a problem with mine, they walked me thru it and problem was solved.

Thanks Jack

I'll give them a call

Old 07-09-2017, 05:52 AM   #8

Tom

Just had the exact issue with my LF jack - i was in a really odd site that required some significant manipulation of the jacks to level. I think one of the issues was the total stroke difference between front left and front right jacks. Once the LF Jack error showed up, the system was almost unusable. I had to remove all the blocking under the middle stabilizers and rear jacks. Based on the trouble shooting guide - i lowered middle and rear about 6-7 inches to "re-home" them. Once i did that, it cleared the errror. Hope that helps
Summitstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summitstev View Post
Tom

Just had the exact issue with my LF jack - i was in a really odd site that required some significant manipulation of the jacks to level. I think one of the issues was the total stroke difference between front left and front right jacks. Once the LF Jack error showed up, the system was almost unusable. I had to remove all the blocking under the middle stabilizers and rear jacks. Based on the trouble shooting guide - i lowered middle and rear about 6-7 inches to "re-home" them. Once i did that, it cleared the errror. Hope that helps

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. I tried extending all the jacks and then retracted them all to reset but maybe I need to remove all the blocking first. Hope it works

Old 07-09-2017, 07:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summitstev View Post
Tom

Thanks for the help!! It worked [emoji3]

I did just as you suggested and removed all my blocking. Extended my rear and middle jacks almost all the way to the ground, then hit retract all. Just like that, error cleared. Then I hit auto level. Rig got leveled and now we are back to being happy campers.

Thank you!

Old 07-09-2017, 07:32 AM   #11

Great. Glad it worked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Summitstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #12

I guess y'all are rubbing off on me! I got the out of stoke last night when I arrived in MS after hitting auto level. Well this morning my LF leg would not retract or extend after raising all the rear legs. So I got out my ratchet and had to manually lower it to to hook up to TV. Got that done and tried the retract all from there. The LF actually retracted about an inch, but no further...so I had to manually bring it up the remainder of the way. Eating lunch now and wondering what to do when I arrive at gampground?? Any ideas out there?

Old 07-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #13

Sorry Dan. Not a fun way to start a trip.

Mine would actually go up and down by pressing the buttons but the error wouldn't go away.
If yours isn't going up or down by the control pad buttons, check the connections at the landing gear, in the basement at the "brain" (on ceiling of basement), and also check the breaker on the side wall by the batteries. Other than that, extend both rear and middle jacks 7-8" then retract all. Hopefully you'll get it working

Old 07-09-2017, 12:05 PM   #14

When mine messed up Dan I called LCI and the guy walked me thru resetting everything, pretty much what Tom said.
I would check for a wire pulled loose or unhooked on the front jack.
Good Luck

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #15

It's a weird deal! Th LF wouldn't move at all to re-hitch. Did it manually & got connected and hit the retract all and the LF actually retracted about an inch and stopped. Surprised me because I thought the motor died on me. So I had to manually raise it the rest of the way.

Checking in to Top Sail now, so I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #16

How do you manually put the middle jacks down can't figure out setting

Old 07-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #17

Disregard...I have success. I manually lowered the fronts and rears prior to unhitching about 6 inches. I could not get the middle jacks to go down for the life of me! I hit retract all and it was still flashing error. So I unloaded the basement and pulled the "brain!" Plugged it back in and lowered the front jacks to unhitch. After unhitching I hit the auto level button with no blocking under the rear & middle jacks. I fully expected an out of stroke message...the darn thing leveled automatically!!!! Many, many cuss words were heard by my daughters at that point. I'm just happy to be here and need beer!! [emoji482]

Old 07-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #18

I found out this 4th weekend that on LCD control panel you have to hold left and right at same time to get the middle jack to lower manually
Pappyt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #19

Thanks Pappy. I was hold both buttons at the time and the middle's would not go down. I'm guessing it was because the unit was in error mode. When I would hit both buttons, it would tell me "function not allowed". I ended up pulling the "brain" plug from the main control box and all has worked since.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #20

I had a problem with the front legs not lowering. I called LCI and they have a procedure to reset the controller that is not in the handbook. Fairly simple procedure that I believe they should add the the instructions. One tip the tech gave me was to only drop the front legs down 4 notches. Let the legs extend the rest of the way. He says it helps the controller retain it's location memory. No problems since that time.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote