Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-09-2017, 10:58 AM   #21

Tom
Kinda sounds like it. I looked at the control
Panel in basement to look at breakers. The loose breaker wire must of been a plug connector. All that stuff should have a cover over it. I am always careful loading in stuff but wonder about something bouncing up on our smooth roads.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #22

Rock
Yeah I looked at the breakers, swapped some just to test, checked the wiring connections, but never found anything out of the ordinary. You’re right about loading. I do the same. They really should’ve done a neater install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #23

Follow up on my ground control issues....this is a little long, sorry.

I picked up my trailer today at the dealer. “Hi Tom, your trailer is ready to go!” I think, great. Let’s go check it out. They found the front left leg on the landing gear was binding up causing the motor to overload and amp out. So I got a new leg. I go to the trailer to test everything and I get the same LF ERROR! [emoji35]

Ok, they must have let the batteries get drained so I hook up to my truck and try again. Same thing. Now I get them to plug into shore power as well. Still the same issue. Now I’m ticked. I thought you “fixed” it. So they look at my batteries and determine I should’ve gotten group 27 instead of 24 when I bought so I got 2 new batteries. Win! Now, it seems like it works. Couple of auto level completed and I’m good to go. Not!

I try raising the front so I can hook up and the screen goes blank. Comes back on with LF ERROR! More troubleshooting determined there’s a 50 amp auto reset breaker that’s tripping. There’s a few of them hidden behind a dummy panel in the front upper basement compartment. It gets replaced, 2-3 tests, good to go. Try to hitch up, LF ERROR!
So, it seems that the landing jacks pull about 30 amps each. 50 amp auto reset is too small. Each leg of the level up system has its own 35 amp fuse.
So we bypass the 50 amp auto reset and try again. Now everything works great!

The tech was on the phone with LCI support who explained that the LF jack is the first in the chain so if there is a voltage problem, it will usually be the one that shows up. I’m not 100% sure I like bypassing the auto reset so I may get a 60 amp to replace the originally spec’ed 50.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Follow up on my ground control issues....this is a little long, sorry.

I picked up my trailer today at the dealer. “Hi Tom, your trailer is ready to go!” I think, great. Let’s go check it out. They found the front left leg on the landing gear was binding up causing the motor to overload and amp out. So I got a new leg. I go to the trailer to test everything and I get the same LF ERROR! [emoji35]

Ok, they must have let the batteries get drained so I hook up to my truck and try again. Same thing. Now I get them to plug into shore power as well. Still the same issue. Now I’m ticked. I thought you “fixed” it. So they look at my batteries and determine I should’ve gotten group 27 instead of 24 when I bought so I got 2 new batteries. Win! Now, it seems like it works. Couple of auto level completed and I’m good to go. Not!

I try raising the front so I can hook up and the screen goes blank. Comes back on with LF ERROR! More troubleshooting determined there’s a 50 amp auto reset breaker that’s tripping. There’s a few of them hidden behind a dummy panel in the front upper basement compartment. It gets replaced, 2-3 tests, good to go. Try to hitch up, LF ERROR!
So, it seems that the landing jacks pull about 30 amps each. 50 amp auto reset is too small. Each leg of the level up system has its own 35 amp fuse.
So we bypass the 50 amp auto reset and try again. Now everything works great!

The tech was on the phone with LCI support who explained that the LF jack is the first in the chain so if there is a voltage problem, it will usually be the one that shows up. I’m not 100% sure I like bypassing the auto reset so I may get a 60 amp to replace the originally spec’ed 50.

Great Info! But your gonna have to take a pic of where the "hidden dummy panel" is for us not so smart folks! Again, thanks for the info...I just need to get mine back and look into this. On our last trip to LF my LF was the leg that wouldn't budge and I had to break out the socket wrench to get it back up.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Great Info! But your gonna have to take a pic of where the "hidden dummy panel" is for us not so smart folks! Again, thanks for the info...I just need to get mine back and look into this. On our last trip to LF my LF was the leg that wouldn't budge and I had to break out the socket wrench to get it back up.

Dan,

If you look on the top shelf above the batteries, there’s a dummy panel on an angle there. Remove that panel and you’ll see them. You may have the same problem I had.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Dan,

If you look on the top shelf above the batteries, there’s a dummy panel on an angle there. Remove that panel and you’ll see them. You may have the same problem I had.

Crap Tom........I don't have that shelf..so where do I look?? Lol
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Crap Tom........I don't have that shelf..so where do I look?? Lol

Jack

Not sure on yours! Probably behind the basement wall if you follow the battery cables