Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex mcintosh View Post
I have the exact problem on my seismic wave and the dealer calls me to tell me that it is fixed so i go to look at it and all they did was patch it.very unacceptable they way they did it and claims this is how jayco recommends to fix it
Something smells fishy with your dealer's repair. I have a crack being repaired on my 377 RLBH which the service manager showed me the 13-14 page detailed instructions from Jayco on how to repair the crack. If you look at what MadJokerTX posted, that is the way the repair is supposed to be done...remove some of the sidewall, weld in a gusset, and add additional stud/bracing, then put it back together. Originally, Jayco's instructions were to remove the front cap to do the repair but they sent a revised repair procedure which I will get, which is what MadJokerTX got (we bought from same dealer). So, unless Jayco has again revised their procedure to this band aid, I would get to the bottom of this with Jayco. Good Luck

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #22

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
It is all about the trial and error going light weight for the RV industry. Fuel economics,
to much flex in the frames and big slide outs doesn't help either. Competition and demand is high in the RV industry, so we get a lot of design error and hopeful the manufacturer steps up to the plate with his warranty.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #23

Yeah the repair to us does not seem right. I have been talking to a guy Jayco and they are reevaluating the problem. I don't understand what there is to reevaluate the problem needs to be fixed correctly not the way the dealer did. They have never dealt with this or seen this on any other camper. Does anybody have any information on a good person to talk with at Jayco? Seeing that a lot of you have had this problem.
Alex mcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #24

Quote:
I don't understand what there is to reevaluate the problem
Yours may be a "one of a kind" since it's on the SEISMIC. All side walls may not be the same. Those of us who had the problem had it on the PINNACLES and NORTHPOINTS if I remember correctly.

I totally agree it's not fixed right and needs to be, but JAYCO may be trying to figure out what went wrong.

Getting it scheduled in for repair does not happen real fast either.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #25

If I remember right it's about the exact same bedroom set up. Doesn't matter shouldn't be a crappy looking fix like that on a camper that's not even a year old.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #26

Quote:
If I remember right it's about the exact same bedroom set up. Doesn't matter shouldn't be a crappy looking fix like that on a camper that's not even a year old.
Doesn't mean the sidewalls are the same, different engineers work on different product lines.

And please re-read what I said about the repair.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #27

A little update jayco approved the fix but they did not approve the amount of hours it takes to do so know its between my dealer and them and the dealer saying more then likely i will be taking it to jayco which i am absolutely fine with i honestly would rather do that.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #28

Quote:
A little update jayco approved the fix but they did not approve the amount of hours it takes to do so know its between my dealer and them and the dealer saying more then likely i will be taking it to jayco which i am absolutely fine with i honestly would rather do that.
Taking it to Middlebury is absolutely the best way to go.

Plan on a trip to Essenhaus for lunch or dinner and factory tour. Nice Hampton Inn right across the street from JAYCO.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:43 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Taking it to Middlebury is absolutely the best way to go.

Plan on a trip to Essenhaus for lunch or dinner and factory tour. Nice Hampton Inn right across the street from JAYCO.
Don't forget to hit the RV Museum as well.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #30

I will defiantly take the tour and check all that out if im driving the 265 miles up there. im really hoping that is what i get to do that way its done correctly. considering my local dealer has never done this repair yet. my wife has even decided that she would take the time off to to go so she can see all the stuff. thank you guys for all the help.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:16 AM   #31

Gelcoat cracks

I had these cracks in my 2017 27.5 RLTS. The dealer approved warranty repair, painting and new decals added. The repair facility claims that the cracks are a result of screws attaching the light fixtures in the bedroom were overtightened and protruded into the exterior fibreglass...
Attached Thumbnails
FullSizeRender 4.jpg   FullSizeRender 3.jpg  
obanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:45 AM   #32

That sounds like it could be a big issue on a bunch of units.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #33

3914 cracks

I just found two cracks on my Seismic 3914. but they are coming from a garage vent, up towards a window?
Attached Thumbnails
Jcrack1.jpg   jcrack2.jpg  
bigd_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:53 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by obanjo View Post
I had these cracks in my 2017 27.5 RLTS. The dealer approved warranty repair, painting and new decals added. The repair facility claims that the cracks are a result of screws attaching the light fixtures in the bedroom were overtightened and protruded into the exterior fibreglass...
My front cap has those cracks in the same location on both sides. My wardrobe is behind the cap and no lights. My cap is also approved for repair. Getting fixed this winter coming. Mines a 2017 Eagle 293RKDS. One side was cracked, other side ok. Get to dealer and the other side cracked on the way there. I seen 2018 have a new cap design. Wonder if they knew there was an issue or if it's was just time for a cap change??

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:50 AM   #35

OBanjo - I have the same year, unit and problem. I found that same area last night. I already had a spider crack above the outside led light (on the cap). So now, I have 2 areas.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #36

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Just now seeing this thread on the sidewall crack, I’ll chime in and let everyone know about my experience with Jayco Service in Middlebury. They did a fabulous job on my 2017 North Point 377RLBH last July 2017, ahead of this thread start. It has been almost a year and about 12k miles and the repair has held up perfectly. No signs of any cracking. We full time and the crack was first noticed within 3 months. It grew and grew to the point you see in pic 1. Before and after photos.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6918.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	40573Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9135.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	40574Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9136.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	40575
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:04 AM   #37

Does anybody have the emailed repair instructions? Just about to buy a 16 377 and it has the crack. Dealer is offering to fix. Want to make sure they do it right. Thanks
aggie camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:35 AM   #38
Site Team

Dskyward: That cracks looks like something wrong on the sidewall support structure or some improper flexing of the frame. Did they have to remove some sidewall to get access? This is not like a gelcoat crack at all. Much more serious and difficult to repair.

Glad they fixed it correctly. The Jayco factory repairs seem to be done a lot more thoroughly than the first crack at it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #39

Send a message via AIM to Fleetman Send a message via MSN to Fleetman
Common Problem

Hae a '15 Pinnacle 38FLSA. Both sides in front of slides cracked all the way down to gusset. Purchased 2d hand so warranty was gone. Took to local RV service center for repair. Here is the skinny..

Lippart industry makes all frames. Light weight aluminum box framing. Much flex. They all have it, some more than others. the front living room units are notorious for caracking. Jayco changed the way they fiberglass over the frame by putting expansion joints below the slides.
Service folks stated industry standard was 5/8" flex in over hang if lifting pin prior to landing gear clearing ground. Mine had 2"!!! $10k repair cost to strengthen with angled steel to stop flex. He had 5 other units in yard for warranty work for same issue. All different manufacturers. Same frame.

For those of you who are still under warranty with any 5th wheel, have it checked.

2017 North Point 315RLST
2012 F250 Lariat 2WD 6.7 diesel
Fleetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:40 PM   #40

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Dskyward: That cracks looks like something wrong on the sidewall support structure or some improper flexing of the frame. Did they have to remove some sidewall to get access? This is not like a gelcoat crack at all. Much more serious and difficult to repair.

Glad they fixed it correctly. The Jayco factory repairs seem to be done a lot more thoroughly than the first crack at it.

Correct, not a gelcoat crack. Frame was definitely flexing there. Crack would’ve continued growing to the bottom. Again, we lived with the stress crack from Aug ‘16 to Jun ‘17, quite a long time to see this eyesore and keep tabs on its growth. Yes, they cut out that whole affected area and welded in support gussets and reglassed it. Amazing repair, matches color of original gelcoat, new decals. You can feel and see the slight hump of the splice below the slide. I’m happy with it.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote