Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2018, 10:51 PM   #41

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetman View Post
Hae a '15 Pinnacle 38FLSA. Both sides in front of slides cracked all the way down to gusset. Purchased 2d hand so warranty was gone. Took to local RV service center for repair. Here is the skinny..

Lippart industry makes all frames. Light weight aluminum box framing. Much flex. They all have it, some more than others. the front living room units are notorious for caracking. Jayco changed the way they fiberglass over the frame by putting expansion joints below the slides.

Service folks stated industry standard was 5/8" flex in over hang if lifting pin prior to landing gear clearing ground. Mine had 2"!!! $10k repair cost to strengthen with angled steel to stop flex. He had 5 other units in yard for warranty work for same issue. All different manufacturers. Same frame.

For those of you who are still under warranty with any 5th wheel, have it checked.

We actually fell in love with that very unit at our first big RV show in Austin TX in Feb 2015. Took many pictures, loved the layout with 5 slides, 2 of which up front in symmetry. I知 in shock to hear this story with a huge repair bill. At what point did the cracks begin to show in that unit?
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:54 AM   #42

Still an issue to watch for?

Does anybody know if Jayco has "fixed" the issue on the latest models by adding the extra support when the unit is built?
WeRVoyagers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRVoyagers View Post
Does anybody know if Jayco has "fixed" the issue on the latest models by adding the extra support when the unit is built?
They did on the 38FLSA, they shortened the front overhang. If you compare models you will see the larger basement storage.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:23 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Just now seeing this thread on the sidewall crack, I値l chime in and let everyone know about my experience with Jayco Service in Middlebury. They did a fabulous job on my 2017 North Point 377RLBH last July 2017, ahead of this thread start. It has been almost a year and about 12k miles and the repair has held up perfectly. No signs of any cracking. We full time and the crack was first noticed within 3 months. It grew and grew to the point you see in pic 1. Before and after photos.Attachment 40573Attachment 40574Attachment 40575

That looks amazing!!! Mine goes back to Jayco in October as the dealer has made numerous attempts to fix the crack, which like yours continues to grow.

Hope mine comes back like your when they are done.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:57 AM   #45

We found small hairline cracks after first wash at over cab bunk and awaiting pre auth for warranty and then will schedule to take in for the repair, will update later
Attached Thumbnails
1E2ED3CA-B927-4CDC-A950-243ACD96C029.jpg  
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #46

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Hairline crack in Gelcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
That looks amazing!!! Mine goes back to Jayco in October as the dealer has made numerous attempts to fix the crack, which like yours continues to grow.

Hope mine comes back like your when they are done.

You should have full confidence it値l get done right for a change. My repair is still holding. I always look at that spot before and after every trip. I知 so very pleased it looks perfect after one year, even after the many bad seams in the interstate that make your fears go up as you hit each one. We take the rig into Jayco on Jul 30, for last of warranty repairs. I知 sad that after 2 years, I致e got torn rubber seals on the master slide and dinette slide among other items. Ive treated them with silicone every 6 mos. The tears are at stress points obviously.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #47

I have a 2017 377 and it hasn't cracked yet. But I guy I'm working with has an 18 model 377 and his has already cracked like others so they haven't fixed the issue causing this.
1stnlast59 is offline   Reply With Quote