Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2018, 08:31 AM   #1

Hard water washing

Does anyone have any suggestions on washing their RV with hard water. I am trying to eliminate the white streaks when it drys. I am on a well system. I tried attaching my hose to the faucet off of my conditioner but I still get streaks.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #2

Is your water softener working? Try doing a regen before washing. I wash mine with soft water with no issues.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #3

This doesn't really answer your question, but when I picked up the portable water softener for my trailer, there was a pamphlet in the box for de-ionizers that are made specifically for this. It could be a bunch of crap, but gadgets like this always peak my interest.

http://www.portablewaterdi.com/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jdmcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #4

The only method I've found to keep water spots and streaks at bay is to dry the RV. I wash a small section and then dry it with microfiber cloths. I have to do the same with my cars. Granted, it's a lot of work but the only reasonably priced method I've found. Mr. Clean had a deionizing product out several years ago that worked, but it has since been discontinued.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #5

Drying it would help, and wiping it down with a "quick detailer" spray would probably also help. If a little of the hard water deposit is left on I don't think it'll damage anything, as in most areas that's just a form of limestone scale I think. Should not be acidic or anything. On that same track, if you need to remove it from a window or something a vinegar solution should work well. Myself I wouldn't use that on the rest of the RV though.
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #6

I am on well water and even on a good day my softened water leaves spots. Drying my Seneca is not an option due to it's size. It will air dry long before I could get one portion done.

It was expensive but I bought a Spotless water system (www.crspotless.com). Now I wash I and then hook up the spotless system to my small pressure washer and rinse. And like the name says, it dries spotless. Like I said it was expensive but I had no other real option.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote