Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #1

Has anyone re-plumbed the messy water control center

2016 Jayco Northpoint M-375 BHFS. If you have had any camper for more than 5 days, you have been appalled at the ridiculous way they decided is the correct way to plumb the back side of the plumbing "water control center". Anyone re-plumb it? If so, what did you do and was it successful? Lessons learned?

The connections are SO tight together, when one of them leaks I cannot hardly get my fingers in it! It is mostly pex pipe, and what seems to leak is when they designed it so bad they have to use a flexible hose that just does not hold up. I end up re-designing the way the pipe exits the attachment point.

In my Dad's house he has Pex, and has a single bar that all the pipes come in and out, each with a shutoff valve. I am almost ready to do this but can I realistically do it??

Any help appreciated. Please don't flood my inbox with unnecessary comments. Thanks everyone.
david.ohanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:31 PM   #2

The manifold you describe in your Dad's house does not have the functionality that the water center has. The water center controls not only the source of the water, fresh water tank or city water, but where that water goes, through the hot water heater or around it all by how the 5 control valves are set. Even the high end 5er's that do have a "water manifold", which will allow you to shutoff water to a given location still has a water control system. As to how close the pipes are be keep in mind that Jayco buys that panels from an outside supplier, puts it in the front bay, hook up a couple lines and a pump and they're done.

To the question could it be replumped, it's possible but it would likely end a bigger mess than what it currently is. Thats just my opinion
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ohanlon View Post
2016 Jayco Northpoint M-375 BHFS. If you have had any camper for more than 5 days, you have been appalled at the ridiculous way they decided is the correct way to plumb the back side of the plumbing "water control center". Anyone re-plumb it? If so, what did you do and was it successful? Lessons learned?

The connections are SO tight together, when one of them leaks I cannot hardly get my fingers in it! It is mostly pex pipe, and what seems to leak is when they designed it so bad they have to use a flexible hose that just does not hold up. I end up re-designing the way the pipe exits the attachment point.

In my Dad's house he has Pex, and has a single bar that all the pipes come in and out, each with a shutoff valve. I am almost ready to do this but can I realistically do it??

Any help appreciated. Please don't flood my inbox with unnecessary comments. Thanks everyone.

Luxe fifth wheels use a manifold system like a house and have shut offs at each. Do some searches for them. I was looking to do it at one point but figured with really wouldn’t be worth it.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:25 PM   #4

DRV Suites have a copper manifold setup.
1HasBeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:35 PM   #5

I've had to replace one line from the control center to the pump, but I cant remember why. I do know I used a reinforced braided flex line and had an issue with the ID on the flex line. It was a smidge larger than the plumbing lines used. I had to use hose clamps and put a little extra sauce to them to keep them from leaking. I haven't had any issues since and that was about 3 years ago.
To your question, like you, I too have seen the back side of the control center and have thought of re plumbing it but decided against it just because of the mess it is and the bigger mess I'd be in redoing it.
I have however re plumbed their octopus flex heating lines coming off the furnace and cleaned up some of the electrical wiring in there.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:24 PM   #6

When time allows, I will be cleaning up my plumbing inside the water panel. I agree the plumbing was poorly thought out, at best. I won't use a manifold, as that normally would be home runs to each fixture. I am sure it could be done, but I don't think you would really lessen issues with RV plumbing, by doing it.

This is what mine looked like before I cleaned up the wiring mess:
Click image for larger version

Name:	pump and plumbing.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	63518
With the panel on, I could not physically touch the low point drains, until I did the clean up.

This is the current state after:
Click image for larger version

Name:	After Low point drains.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	63517
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote