Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
2017 28.5 we bought a year old. Trailer didnt looked used at all. Fist mod was a Lippert lift kit and also did the MorRyde wet bolt kit. The MorRyde kit wasnt designed for my 28.5 because the wet bolts only worked for half the holes due to the Lippert correct track system adding a extra 1/2" into the equation. Had to get longer bolts for the CRE-3000 system since those didnt come in the kit. Also has to get the same grade 5 wet bolts that were made for Jeeps that were 4" long for the outer spring attachment points. Was a good month and a half project and very frustrating. Now were sitting pretty level and no squeaking.
Too late now, but I believe Morryde makes a wet bolt kit for the correct track hangers.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Too late now, but I believe Morryde makes a wet bolt kit for the correct track hangers.

Earl

You are correct that I didnt know that until I tried doing the install. But with that being said MorRdye doesn't make available wet bolts long enough for the end hangers for the Correct Track System and there CRE-3000 suspension for my 28.5.

The longest they have available in any kit is 3.4" which is 1/2" too short. I had to spend a lot of time on line and finally found 4" wet bolts that were also grade 5's that were specifically made for a Jeep application. They installed and worked well and I have a few trips under my belt now. No more squeaking anywhere.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:29 AM   #23
Site Team

It's a common and accurate perception that the wear of the bushing inserts leads to slop at the source and the resulting movement of everything else cause the straps to elongate and eventually wear out or break.

I replaced mine with the never lube bushings a couple months ago and and hoping for good results. I think either these or wet bolts and brass bushings will be an improvement on the standard bushings that come of every rig sold.

Problem is most never get upgraded until there is a failure of a spring, bolt or a shackle.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:02 AM   #24
Site Team

I have an appointment to have my rigs suspension, brakes and bearings re-packed in a few weeks.

Just for my own info I went thru some logs we keep and computed that we have towed this rig 44,196 miles in 10 years. We have averaged 3-5k each year except for 2011 and 2020 when it was less than 3k.

I plan to keep it maintained as long as I can camp so regular maintenance is the only way that can happen. Much of it I am no longer able to do but I am willing to pay others to do it.

Best investment on the rig so far was the G614 tires which have 27k miles and have never had a flat or any other problem.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:02 PM   #25

See my post, Can anything else break. I do not know how to show a link to it. Just search post under user Rock. Even well greased wet bolts fail quickly.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, jayco, shackles, springs