Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2021, 03:36 PM   #21

Thank you all
Old 05-19-2021, 03:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc35 View Post
welcome from canada, enjoy your new baby, have fun and drive safe on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine71-76 View Post
Absolutely NOT. Out of warranty. However, Lippert paid 1/2 hour replacement per outrigger. The shop that did the work did a really good job. The floor looks better than when we picked up the unit. Would recommend keeping an eye on the outriggers. We actually noticed an issue when we 1st had the unit and told the dealer about the metal shavings but they blew it off as a new unit. Looking back, no that was an indication there was an issue. Lesson learned.

Would discourage buying any unit from Camping World. Some people have had good luck but others have had really really bad luck. During the winter we would walk around Camping World lots, looking at the units. The number that had been used for parts for other units was amazing.

We travel with 3 felines & the front bathroom works great for the Litter Robot. And when traveling, the 1/2 bath works great for DW.
I am presuming the 1/2 hour paid labor by Lippert didn't come close to compensating you for the repairs. I am not sure what the "outriggers" are lol, so in the dark. We will travel with 2 toy poodles.
Old 05-19-2021, 03:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
I am presuming the 1/2 hour paid labor by Lippert didn't come close to compensating you for the repairs. I am not sure what the "outriggers" are lol, so in the dark. We will travel with 2 toy poodles.
And we have heard so many horror stories about Camping world, we are keeping clear
Old 05-19-2021, 06:17 PM   #24

Welcome from Missouri! We have a 2021 32RLTS w/ the disk brake option...absolutely no problems towing or slowing down/stopping hooked to our Ram 3500 (especially with the exhaust brake on).

When my wife and I started looking at a replacement for the toy hauler...we also bounced around other brands as we zeroed in on our "wish" list. When we walked into the 32RLTS...we just knew that was the one.

Best of luck on your journey and welcome again

2021 Pinnacle 32RLTS
2017 Ram 3500HD
B&W Companion Slider
MidMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMO View Post
Welcome from Missouri! We have a 2021 32RLTS w/ the disk brake option...absolutely no problems towing or slowing down/stopping hooked to our Ram 3500 (especially with the exhaust brake on).

When my wife and I started looking at a replacement for the toy hauler...we also bounced around other brands as we zeroed in on our "wish" list. When we walked into the 32RLTS...we just knew that was the one.

Best of luck on your journey and welcome again
Thank You, you are the second person to mention the brakes. Shame they are not standard on them.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Of course not. There are several threads on this forum regarding the outriggers with pictures. We were at the unit the other day and I meant to get a picture of the new outriggers installed.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:13 AM   #27

Thank You
Old 05-22-2021, 06:19 PM   #28

Welcome to the forum from the North Georgia Mountains! This is a great bunch of people who care about doing the right thing, helping each other, and we all enjoy traveling across our beautiful country.
EP&DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP&DP View Post
Welcome to the forum from the North Georgia Mountains! This is a great bunch of people who care about doing the right thing, helping each other, and we all enjoy traveling across our beautiful country.
Thank You
Old 05-25-2021, 03:48 AM   #30

We purchased our 36FBTS yesterday. Drove to Virginia to strike the deal. Had a great experience with the salesman, very knowledgeable and patient with us newbies. All it lacks is the solar, and they are doing that for us. Man even talked my wife out of the washer/dryer but not sure how long before she changes her mind, lol. We will plan on picking it up in Mid July or whenever the new truck comes in.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:17 AM   #31

I dont have a Pinnacle, but we have a Northpoint which is basically the same trailer just a step down in some options. We love our Northpoint and I think you'll love the Pinnacle. One thing I will say is GET THE DISC BRAKES. For $2800, I'd be all over that like a wet shirt. Last year I did a drum to disc conversion. My kit was $2100. Prices have gone up a bit since then, so for $2800 from the factory DO IT. The Moryde pinbox from the factory is nice along with the CRE 3000 equalizer and wet bolts. You're 3500 you are getting will work well but will be even better if it's a DRW. Much more stable. If you've ever pulled with a SRW and go to a DRW you'll wonder why you didnt do it sooner and you'll never go back.
The hardest part is the wait for your new toys! Lol!
Welcome and enjoy!!!
Old 05-25-2021, 04:49 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
I dont have a Pinnacle, but we have a Northpoint which is basically the same trailer just a step down in some options. We love our Northpoint and I think you'll love the Pinnacle. One thing I will say is GET THE DISC BRAKES. For $2800, I'd be all over that like a wet shirt. Last year I did a drum to disc conversion. My kit was $2100. Prices have gone up a bit since then, so for $2800 from the factory DO IT. The Moryde pinbox from the factory is nice along with the CRE 3000 equalizer and wet bolts. You're 3500 you are getting will work well but will be even better if it's a DRW. Much more stable. If you've ever pulled with a SRW and go to a DRW you'll wonder why you didnt do it sooner and you'll never go back.
The hardest part is the wait for your new toys! Lol!
Welcome and enjoy!!!
Thank You. The truck is SRW, just can't see a duelly as a daily driver. besides I already had a 2500 on order that was changed after my wife kept looking at heavier rigs. The unit is built and sitting at the dealership. The brake option was for new build from the factory.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #33

My suggestion is buy a small used rv preferably a travel trailer if you have a vehicle to pull it with and go from there some people love rving others don’t for various reasons. Start small and work up that way your investment is less until you decide if it’s for you and what your requirements are. A new rv losses 20% the moment you drive it off the lot plus another 29%the first year then from there it gradually starts to lose less each year plus the demand is so great for new TVs from newbees getting in to rving the manufacturers are slapping them together and figuring in the intial fixes the first couple of years in the price by buying a used rv hopefully someone else has taken it back to the factory for fixes I’m not talking about repairs I’m talking about things that were not done correctly at the factory during the build process. Also buying used saves you the 40% depreciation hopefully if you do your homework and negotiate well enough.most used rigs are barely used. I bought a used Motorhome back 5 to 6 years ago. It was a 2008 with less than 18k miles on it the couple who initially purchased it got Ill and wasn’t able to use it it was almost like new and after the first visit back to the dealership I had it where I wanted it. Added solar that was later ripped off in a bad wind storm. Everything worked great after we figured out why the microwave kept blowing up the shore power regulator was defective. When they installed the first replacement they checked it using the generator so no problem but when I used it at a campground it’s sparked out.

So I’ve been rving since the mid 80s camping since the early seventies if not earlier. I’ve had truck toppers, slide in campers, pop up trailer (that I borrowed from a friend), travel trailers, fifth wheel (which I live in now) and a super c Motorhome that I use for travel. So I have slept in everything from a hammock to a nice Motorhome so there’s a lot of experience for 4 years in Alaska I use truck toppers until I got married then we used a slide in camper until the fall before we left when we bought a used travel trailer for the move to the lower 48. It saved us more than we paid for it between the stuff we moved in it and the truck and not paying for lodging between when we left anchorage until we moved in to our house in October after leaving in July we did stay with family some so every night was spent in the trailer so there were so breaks. I didn’t buy a new rv until I got a travel trailer in 03. And it will probably be my last I was finally ok in my finances bought a new 1/2 ton truck in February and the trailer that summer mainly because the rv I had was starting to fall apart and the price was ok.

So take my suggestion with a grain of salt that’s about twice what you paid for it but it is 50 years of experience talking as I’ll be 60 after the beginning of the year.
Blackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 03:11 PM   #34

We had a2018 Grand Design Imagine, really liked it but quickly realized we wanted something bigger. Looked at many many 5th wheels and it came down to the Grand Design Solitude and Pinnacle. bought 2019 Pinnacle 36KPTS and love it. Pinnacle materials seemed better than Solitude. Pinnacle has been back to the dealer more times in 2 years for minor warranty work than the Imagine was but still really like the pinnacle overall.
thelfrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 03:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelfrich View Post
We had a2018 Grand Design Imagine, really liked it but quickly realized we wanted something bigger. Looked at many many 5th wheels and it came down to the Grand Design Solitude and Pinnacle. bought 2019 Pinnacle 36KPTS and love it. Pinnacle materials seemed better than Solitude. Pinnacle has been back to the dealer more times in 2 years for minor warranty work than the Imagine was but still really like the pinnacle overall.
That's great and I agree completely. We looked at Montana, and Solitude as well, but mama kept coming back to the 36FBTS. We did not care for the Montana at all, and the Solitude was very nice, but I maintain Pinnacle does the execution better than most
Old 05-26-2021, 04:49 PM   #36

You might want to consider looking at late model used units. After doing much research on forums and elsewhere, it seemed like getting a new unit can be a crap shoot as far as things being wrong and wait times for dealers to fix it. We bought a used TT. I looked that thing over with a fine toothed comb. After I got it home, I found all the papers from the original owner. He had that thing back to the dealer 6 or 8 times in the first year. When I got it, it was in showroom shape and the bugs had all been worked out.

Just something to consider. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 05-26-2021, 06:17 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackey View Post
My suggestion is buy a small used rv preferably a travel trailer if you have a vehicle to pull it with and go from there some people love rving others don’t for various reasons. Start small and work up that way your investment is less until you decide if it’s for you and what your requirements are. A new rv losses 20% the moment you drive it off the lot plus another 29%the first year then from there it gradually starts to lose less each year plus the demand is so great for new TVs from newbees getting in to rving the manufacturers are slapping them together and figuring in the intial fixes the first couple of years in the price by buying a used rv hopefully someone else has taken it back to the factory for fixes I’m not talking about repairs I’m talking about things that were not done correctly at the factory during the build process. Also buying used saves you the 40% depreciation hopefully if you do your homework and negotiate well enough.most used rigs are barely used. I bought a used Motorhome back 5 to 6 years ago. It was a 2008 with less than 18k miles on it the couple who initially purchased it got Ill and wasn’t able to use it it was almost like new and after the first visit back to the dealership I had it where I wanted it. Added solar that was later ripped off in a bad wind storm. Everything worked great after we figured out why the microwave kept blowing up the shore power regulator was defective. When they installed the first replacement they checked it using the generator so no problem but when I used it at a campground it’s sparked out.

So I’ve been rving since the mid 80s camping since the early seventies if not earlier. I’ve had truck toppers, slide in campers, pop up trailer (that I borrowed from a friend), travel trailers, fifth wheel (which I live in now) and a super c Motorhome that I use for travel. So I have slept in everything from a hammock to a nice Motorhome so there’s a lot of experience for 4 years in Alaska I use truck toppers until I got married then we used a slide in camper until the fall before we left when we bought a used travel trailer for the move to the lower 48. It saved us more than we paid for it between the stuff we moved in it and the truck and not paying for lodging between when we left anchorage until we moved in to our house in October after leaving in July we did stay with family some so every night was spent in the trailer so there were so breaks. I didn’t buy a new rv until I got a travel trailer in 03. And it will probably be my last I was finally ok in my finances bought a new 1/2 ton truck in February and the trailer that summer mainly because the rv I had was starting to fall apart and the price was ok.

So take my suggestion with a grain of salt that’s about twice what you paid for it but it is 50 years of experience talking as I’ll be 60 after the beginning of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
You might want to consider looking at late model used units. After doing much research on forums and elsewhere, it seemed like getting a new unit can be a crap shoot as far as things being wrong and wait times for dealers to fix it. We bought a used TT. I looked that thing over with a fine toothed comb. After I got it home, I found all the papers from the original owner. He had that thing back to the deal 6 or 8 times in the first year. When I got it, it was in showroom shape and the bugs had all been worked out.

Just something to consider. Good luck with your purchase.
Thank You, but we bought new. We wanted a loaded unit from the factory. This one has almost everything but the waterless water heater and solar, and the dealer is throwing in the full solar with both panels. It is cheaper to have options factory installed. mama is weighing the washer and dryer, and my money is on her getting it before we pick it up. We come from the boating world, and we had an 8K genset fed from a 500 gallon diesel tank, so boondocking could be extended. We called it anchoring out for the weekend or however long we stayed there. Our limiting factor was fresh water and food, lol. This unit was almost sold twice but dealer had trade in issues. it even has the fancy paint option. We got a fair deal, near 30% of MSRP, and a very nice and knowledgeable salesman to guide us in the process. We know little about RV's, my wife calls them land yachts. We are very much looking forward to learning about land yachting from you fine folks here
Old 05-26-2021, 06:19 PM   #38

Quote:
Thank You, but we bought new. We wanted a loaded unit from the factory. This one has almost everything but the waterless water heater and solar, and the dealer is throwing in the full solar with both panels. It is cheaper to have options factory installed. mama is weighing the washer and dryer, and my money is on her getting it before we pick it up. We come from the boating world, and we had an 8K genset fed from a 500 gallon diesel tank, so boondocking could be extended. We called it anchoring out for the weekend or however long we stayed there. Our limiting factor was fresh water and food, lol. This unit was almost sold twice but dealer had trade in issues. it even has the fancy paint option. We got a fair deal, near 30% of MSRP, and a very nice and knowledgeable salesman to guide us in the process. We know little about RV's, my wife calls them land yachts. We are very much looking forward to learning about land yachting from you fine folks here
Enjoy it!
Old 05-26-2021, 07:18 PM   #39

We have a 2018 36KPTS Pinnacle and absolutely love it! Had a Jayco Eagle prior to that. The storage makes it super easy to pack for long trips. We’ve been all over the US since we got it and any issues have been pretty minor. Good luck and enjoy whatever your decision is!
Julieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:53 PM   #40

No idea what you are looking for. But we went with a tow vehicle coachman clipper because the Jayco we wanted wasn't available and this was just as adorable. 21 foot bunkbed sleeps 5 but a little uncomfortable with 4 but it works. But if you have a slob for a husband its hard to keep neat and orderly. Which is why I am taking off by myself in my trailer to Maine for the summer next year. Husband does not put things away. Seriously and I have the trailer organized. Good luck deciding.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote