Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2022, 08:11 PM   #1

Help

I read the forum post all the time and enjoy learning from more experienced people then me so I’m hoping someone has an answer. I have a 2020 eagle 5vr and had it in service for about a month. While there, batteries went dead and they had to jump batts just to get me hooked up. Got home and was able to get plugged in. Now my JAYCOMMAND/TravelLINK will not work. I’m assuming it lost its pair with camper. Can’t turn lights on, extend slides, etc. the controller just say it’s disconnected. Will issue go away when batts are charged again? Thanks in advance!
Greg Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 05:32 AM   #2

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Jayco Owner's Forum from New Hampshire. Which 5th wheel did you get? Regarding the battery, the slides and levelers need all the power your battery can provide so yeah... that's pretty common to get them charged. I run an extension cord to my camper when it's at home to help the batteries. I also keep it connected to my truck's power when running the levelers and slides in/out. Deep cycle lead acid batteries will last a long time but the standard battery provided is only 30AmpHours and needs you to maintain the water level monthly.

Regarding BMPro, this is a google app on the wall tablet in your camper - or on your phone - called JayCommand. The phone app pairs with your wall tablet which talks to the camper. The camper's wall tablet likely needs that software updated. Do you have wifi at your house? If so, connect your camper via extension cord to your house, connect your tablet's wifi to your home wifi and visit the google play store and update all it's software - including JayCommand.
You may want to establish an account with Winegard so you can monitor/control stuff when away from your camper via wifi.

summary, let us know your success/problems and the additional info. All this above may sound overwhelming... but once it's setup it's pretty neat.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 05:44 AM   #3

Thanks for reply. After searching high and low I discovered that my reverse polarity fuses on the converter where bad. When I picked up my unit yesterday the kid had to jump the batteries. He had post backwards and popped the trip. So I’ll be replacing the blade fuses today and should take care of problem. BTW, it’s a 317RLOK and the wife and I love it!!
Old 09-14-2022, 05:57 AM   #4

We left our 5er at the dealer for warranty work and I always disconnect the battery but forgot. I called the dealer and asked them to disconnect it with a simple screw type disconnect I installed and they almost refused to do so until I told them "that's fine, but when I pick it up you can put a new battery in it because the current one will be ruined" It was disconnected at the battery post when we picked it up 2 MONTHS later.

Get a battery disconnect directly on the battery post as the factory one does not disconnect everything. $6.99

TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 06:13 AM   #5

Thanks ARoamer! The sad part is it has a disconnect switch on it. Hopefully, when I get fuses in, it will start charging on shore power. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-14-2022, 10:12 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wolfe View Post
Thanks ARoamer! The sad part is it has a disconnect switch on it. Hopefully, when I get fuses in, it will start charging on shore power. Fingers crossed.
Just to let you know, for safety reasons, the CO/propane detector, and possible other things will still draw from the battery when the factory disconnect switch is off. That parasitic draw will drain your battery down some in a matter of a few weeks. The one pictured above disconnects the battery completely.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:16 AM   #7

Thanks Jflightrisk for heads up on that! i did replace the reverse polarity fuses and the inverter is showing batts at 13.5 so i assume its charging. The continued issue is the BMPro which controls about everything. Jayco told me to let unit charge back up for 24 hours and try starting it again. The tablet is at 1%. Just for my own edification, does the Jaycommand have a fuse located somewhere i can check??
Old 09-14-2022, 10:29 AM   #8
Site Team

Sorry, but I don't have any experience with the Jaycommand. And yes, let the battery charge for a while, making sure the cells are full. Be careful with the acid inside. If it's still good, it'll read about 12.6 volts or a little more, disconnected, and "at rest"'. That's leaving it off charge for a couple of hours and checking with a voltmeter. Any large auto parts stores in your area may offer to check batteries for free. They'll put a load test on it.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Thanks Jflightrisk for heads up on that! i did replace the reverse polarity fuses and the inverter is showing batts at 13.5 so i assume its charging. The continued issue is the BMPro which controls about everything. Jayco told me to let unit charge back up for 24 hours and try starting it again. The tablet is at 1%. Just for my own edification, does the Jaycommand have a fuse located somewhere i can check??
Hi
I have read several post about the Jaycommand not re-charging. Folks here have said you might need to remove the tablet and charge it in your house. Sometimes it just will not recharge in the RV after it has completely discharged.

Pull it out from the bottom, careful of the wires attached to the back. Make sure to hold onto the wires so they dont fall into the wall once disconnected. Recharge and replace in the RV.
Reese Goosebox
Pammac36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 03:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammac36 View Post
Hi
I have read several post about the Jaycommand not re-charging. Folks here have said you might need to remove the tablet and charge it in your house. Sometimes it just will not recharge in the RV after it has completely discharged.

Pull it out from the bottom, careful of the wires attached to the back. Make sure to hold onto the wires so they dont fall into the wall once disconnected. Recharge and replace in the RV.

X2 as Pammac36 said. Once charged, go to the play store and update JayCommand from the tablet itself and not the phone APP. You will probably have an update for the APP itself and a firmware update. Once you do the APP update, the firmware update should start on its own.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:22 AM   #11
Site Team

The last time my reverse battery fuses were blown, I replaced them with indicator fuses so now if one blows it is very evident with a small led indicator. Never blew again in 11 years.
BTW, the dealership blew them as I was leaving the dealership. Got home to no 12vdc and did not have an adapter to adapt my 30a service to 50a. Another trip back to the dealer to buy the adapter.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 04:43 PM   #12

I did the same when reinstalling my batteries in the spring. My suggestioin now, is to always carry the same amperage fuse just in case as they ares differenrt than the other fuses.
JosephC is offline   Reply With Quote