Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2020, 04:44 PM   #1

Help! Auto level not working

I just picked up a brand new jayco 27rs with lippert auto leveling 3.0 system. The tech rushed us through the demo and told us it was self explanatory. I cannot get It to work. The camper is perfectly level but I did it manually with front leg
Controls and block under tires. The rear jacks don’t go down at all. It blinks green. I press auto level and nothing happens. Dealer told me to bring it back. I’m two hours from dealer. Any ideas what is wrong!!! I’m so agitated at tech for not showing us how to work it.
Jayco-owner1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:22 PM   #2

We continue to have issues so we downloaded the manual & followed the directions to reset. Unfortunately we have not been able to test it. You should be able to manually lower by pressing the rear button. You can manually lower the center by pressing left/right at the same time. Things I remember (the manual is in the unit), before disconnecting from the truck, lower the front legs no more than 5-6 inches then manually lower rest of the way. Unhook. We did have to put some additional blocks under the rear & middle legs to keep it from erroring out - used 4x4s. Then auto-level. Good luck.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:10 PM   #3

Well I downloaded the app and was able to manually adjust the rear jacks. Then I hit auto level and it worked. Not sure why the app works but the physical panel didn’t. I guess I’ll just use the app!?!?
Jayco-owner1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:04 PM   #4

The buttons on the outside panel I have found to be a bit cantankerous. You can't just push and quickly let go. If you can get the panel to come alive by momentarily pushing the up and down arrow at the same time then the panel works. Try pushing and momentarily holding in each auto level button. Not sure if that's the problem but worth a try. It's free advice.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #5

With mine. I power it up with the two button. Wait a second, hit auto level. Sometimes I have to hit auto level again to get it going. If I rush that process it can get confused.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote