Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2020, 03:41 AM   #1

Help cold! Heat pump/furnace problems

We are traveling nurses from the Pittsburgh area. We have 4 kids, We bought a new 2020 Jayco seismic 4113 in September of 2020.

Now that the temperature is getting into the 30’s-50’s at night we have tried to turn on our heat pump/ furnace. When we use our JAYCOMMAND app to turn on the heat pump or the heat pump/furnace combination it alerts “fault, please refer to manual”. I cannot find any information.

The furnace it’s self will start but will not maintain and stay on. We tried to light our gas on our stove and leave it lit for a while and have not had any other issues, it works just fine.

When turned on they will both start up for a short amount of time, start to bring the heat up but then be off and our trailer will be 55 degrees.

I’m not sure where to do from here or if I need to find an rv technician ay this point. Any help is appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
FF7DE6E2-8FE6-4F2D-B563-88C3B857A00D.jpg  
Madiesmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:45 AM   #2

As it's a 2020 I'd call jayco and have them send out a tech or locate a dealer. In the meantime I'd buy some electric space heaters and run those. 2 space heaters plus the fireplace keeps our 377RLBH warm until it gets in the 20s. Just spa e them out so they're not on the same breaker.
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:47 AM   #3

Sorry this is a later post and I hope you have heat.

I don't have my Jayco yet so I'm just speaking from my experience with the InCommand system we currently have. With ours, there is a known issue with some units system circuit boards that renders the HVAC system inoperable outside a 40-100 degree window (when you really need your A/C or heat). The manufacture is replacing them if you identify the issue while under warranty, unfortunately we are outside that window now.
You mentioned that your rig reached 55 degrees...that said, and outside the box thinking here, the JayCommand system has its lowest panel setting at 60 degrees, do I remember that right? Just a shot in the dark here but maybe try using a hair dryer (on its lowest heat setting) or some other heat source (I use a space heater) near the room temp sensors until the room reading is at or slightly above Jayco's 60 degree minimum setting (based solely on the panel). Then try to start your heat pump/furnace. That's what I now have to do when our camper exceeds the 40-100 range. Maybe the JayCommand system has a similar issue? If it works, it's not a permanent fix but it will hopefully get your rigs heat system working and will help the dealer with their troubleshooting.
MidMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 01:08 PM   #4

Same problem in our 2020 5th as well. Heat pump worked for about a month before a fault code showed up. I was told it needed an update thru the app which I tried…but I did not see a request for any updates. What was wrong with a simple thermostat on the wall like they did in the past. I don’t need to turn the heat or air on from my phone��
Beachbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:28 PM   #5

With that symbol on that system, I'm pretty sure the manual refers to you having a short in the system somewhere. If you aren't able to track it down, then call for a mobile service to come to you.
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:11 AM   #6

Short Cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madiesmurf View Post
We are traveling nurses from the Pittsburgh area. We have 4 kids, We bought a new 2020 Jayco seismic 4113 in September of 2020.

Now that the temperature is getting into the 30’s-50’s at night we have tried to turn on our heat pump/ furnace. When we use our JAYCOMMAND app to turn on the heat pump or the heat pump/furnace combination it alerts “fault, please refer to manual”. I cannot find any information.

The furnace it’s self will start but will not maintain and stay on. We tried to light our gas on our stove and leave it lit for a while and have not had any other issues, it works just fine.

When turned on they will both start up for a short amount of time, start to bring the heat up but then be off and our trailer will be 55 degrees.

I’m not sure where to do from here or if I need to find an rv technician ay this point. Any help is appreciated!
I just baught a 2021 Eagle 5th wheel that is doing that same thing.
I took it to a shop. They said, "That's normal." Clearly that is not normal.....
Did you ever figure out how to fix it?
Thanks!
FordRanger89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:10 AM   #7

Go on Amazon and buy a honeywell tower heater for about $90. It has lots of safety features to keep you from burning. Don't get the cheaper one. We carry one in case something breaks
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurugger View Post
As it's a 2020 I'd call jayco and have them send out a tech or locate a dealer. In the meantime I'd buy some electric space heaters and run those. 2 space heaters plus the fireplace keeps our 377RLBH warm until it gets in the 20s. Just spa e them out so they're not on the same breaker.
Slurruger- How do you know if the outlets are on separate circuits? I have tried to run the fireplace and a space heater in the bedroom and it always flips the breaker and my inverter gets really mad.

Tammy Eagle3411
Tstone is offline   Reply With Quote