Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #21

Make sure you didn't accidentally turn off the ice maker switch when you put the bin back in. If you are getting water to the fridge and the ice maker was working before, it is probably either the switch or a clogged water line.
Jaymal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:02 PM   #22

No ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymal View Post
Make sure you didn't accidentally turn off the ice maker switch when you put the bin back in. If you are getting water to the fridge and the ice maker was working before, it is probably either the switch or a clogged water line.
Thank you
I did that.
I even tried taking off the cover, using a hairdryer in case something was frozen, while the cover was off I disconnected the power on the other side of the on/off switch (performed a hard reset) then put it back
Still nothing.
I have figured out that my plastic arm is stuck up.
But also, no water is coming to the ice machine.
So two problems I guess. Can not figure out how to get the arm down without breaking it and don’t know why water would go to my fridge but not the ice maker ? ��
How do I go about checking for a clogged water line?
JennW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:50 PM   #23

I did not do the work myself but I was told that the technician disconnected both ends of the water line and used compressed air to blow the line. Our fridge is a Whirlpool for reference and I am not sure exactly how the ice maker works. After reading your post, I looked at the ice maker and saw the plastic arm you are talking about for the first time. Ours is in the up position and has been making ice fine. I could not pull it down so it is possible that yours is in the correct position. Sorry that I cannot provide more help.
Jaymal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:46 PM   #24

Thank you so much for looking Jaymal!!
I’ll quit trying to fix the arm. Our Rig is only a few months old, so I’ll call the dealer tmrw. I appreciate you!
JennW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ice maker, refrigerator, rlbh