Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2019, 09:42 AM   #1

Help slide won’t go in

We have a 2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS. The slide with the fridge won’t go in. Called dealer and techs told us to unplug from all power including batteries and push slide in. We can’t budge it. Called back and they said it will take 4-5 people to move it! How can this be? They said there is no other way to get slide in. I can’t believe this. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you overcome? It’s the Schwintek slide.
Shirlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:28 AM   #2

Since you have access to the World Wide Web, google Schwintek slide, tons of information. Here’s a trouble shooting guide...

https://liferebooted.net/2018-phaeto...ting-Guide.pdf
Old 10-02-2019, 10:32 AM   #3

The only way you can push it in easily is to remove the motor set screw at the top on each side on the outside, lift the motors up and then push it in. You will have to re-install the motors before you can move the rig since the slide is not locked.

Have you checked the fuses? Unplug power from the controller, plug it back in and try again. Does anything click when you hit retract?
Old 10-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #4

Help slide won’t go in

Agree with the above. Also, when you say it won’t go in, elaborate a little on that. With these slides, there’s a few different versions of “it won’t go in”.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:40 AM   #5

Did you try using the OneControl app to control it? Sometimes if a fault is stored the only way to move the slide is with the app.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:06 AM   #6

The slide started having issues the last time we were out. It seemed to be going slower than usual and a little hesitant to continue going out all the way but finally it did. When we went to leave one side came in maybe an I can and it stopped. Went back out. Tried to get it in again same thing. Third time it came in, but again, it wasn’t acting normal and sounded bad coming in. Like a grinding squeal. Got it home and again, wouldn’t go out. Few tries and went out reluctantly. Called dealer to get it serviced, have a few other warranty issues, and nope wasn’t coming in. Again one side would come in a few inches and the other wouldn’t budge. Finally did get it in with some pulling on the slide from the inside with button pushed. It still makes a terrible noise.

So what’s so crazy is there are so many people saying how to get slide in, yet the dealer doesn’t tell me about a control panel, tells me to unplug and push slide in which wasn’t happening. Seems there are brakes on the slides and unless the brakes are disengaged there’s no way that slide will move. The owners Manuel doesn’t say anything about removing motors, yet that seems to be a well known way it has to be done. It seems like there should be an easier way or there should be🤦*♀️ Wish there was a way to use the good old crank way to push them back in lol.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Did you try using the OneControl app to control it? Sometimes if a fault is stored the only way to move the slide is with the app.
So how do you get this to work? I downloaded the app to my phone and tried to enter codes but it keeps telling me it can’t find my camper and then it seems like there is supposed to be some kind of a router to connect? Do you need wifi? I’m totally stupid when it comes to this. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2019, 07:10 AM   #8

Unless the motors are disconnected. Physically, it may not move. Per my reading. Haven’t actually experienced this....yet. If you pull the outside trim, you reach the motors and pull each up disconnecting them from the shaft. Then it’s free. Maybe it got out of sync and once you get it in, you can re-sync the motors and be good to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1068.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	53840
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:45 AM   #9

Check out this vid. Start about the 1 min 48 second mark.
Mike
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirlee View Post
We have a 2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS. The slide with the fridge won’t go in. Called dealer and techs told us to unplug from all power including batteries and push slide in. We can’t budge it. Called back and they said it will take 4-5 people to move it! How can this be? They said there is no other way to get slide in. I can’t believe this. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you overcome? It’s the Schwintek slide.
Are you at a campground on a trip getting ready to leave? Can't you call a mobile tech and cover it under warranty? Damned if I'm gonna try to troubleshoot a slide when it's under warranty.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #11

I just did this a couple of weeks ago with a camper in a campground in Colorado. Slim slide on a Vista but same thing. Motors are at the top and the slide was extended. To access the motors had to remove the exterior rubber trim piece. Then remove a retention spring (newer ones have a set screw) that allows the motor to be lifted out. Its a real pain in the as...... but works.
The front motor had 4 red lights, 1 green on the controller. Either bad motor or wiring. A look at the motor made it clear it was a bad motor. Newer motors have a protective rubber cap. Older ones don't.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirlee View Post
So how do you get this to work? I downloaded the app to my phone and tried to enter codes but it keeps telling me it can’t find my camper and then it seems like there is supposed to be some kind of a router to connect? Do you need wifi? I’m totally stupid when it comes to this. Thanks!

No you do not need WiFi to use the app (besides downloading it in the first place). In our case, the router is in the top shelf of a cabinet near the switch panel. It has a little router antenna on it. The password will be on a sticker on the router. Go to the settings in your device where you would normally look for a WiFi signal (along with seeing all your neighbors networks). The network name you are looking for will likely start with "MyRV_x...", where "x" is a series of numbers and letters. When you connect the first time it will have you set up a PIN number (so a neighbor cannot mess with you and operate your slides).

Our rig has the little wall mounted OneControl touch screen too. It is essentially a little tablet like a Galaxy or iPad that has a version of the app on it. Sometimes one of our slides will only extend or retract using that or the app on my phone and not with the physical hard-wired switch. I have not established a cause for this phenomenon. (high tide?).

When our bedroom slide would not extend, Jayco offered to pay for (reimburse for) the local RV tech.

Hope this helps. We say a prayer every time we go to move a slide...

Angus
Attached Thumbnails
router.jpg  
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote