Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
May be true, but two dealers looked at other Eagle HT units and they all had a blind in that window.

1) I don't believe Jayco and that is a sad thing to lose faith this early in the ownership

2) They have made NO effort to resolve the issue other than go see a dealer, not is not resolving problems, especially since the dealer cannot do anything except sell me one.

If I were Jayco at this stage I was ask: What would you like for us to do to resolve the issue.

My answer: Sell me one, ship it to me and I will install it myself, thanks (this is what I told my dealer).

Jayco has NO desire to make a customer happy or even attempt to do so.

I own a company now and have started and sold several others over my 50+ years in business. I have 3 rules I follow that leads to the success I have had:

1) Customer Service

2) Customer Service

anyone want to guess rule 3?

3) Customer Service

Jayco: Got a problem, that's YOUR problem!

From following this thread, it appears the DEALER was at fault and not Jayco. I would be more worried what else the dealer special ordered that I was not aware of. Why would Jayco warranty something that you didn't buy? That is the dealers responsibility to handle. Just because your not happy doesn't mean it's always someone else's fault. Sometimes we have to look at ourselves and say, dang I ASSUMED it would come with a blind there but it didn't, shame on my.

As I have said before this is not the hill worth dying on. Dealer should of told you if they ordered something special, what was included and what they eliminated.
JMHO.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:52 PM   #42

2 cents

Two thoughts... First I can totally see why someone would special order the rig without the blind as it would intrude into the hall and make an already narrow space even more confined and be begging to be ripped off. But the dealer should be able to tell you that without you having to jump through hoops.

Secondly I will add my voice to the chorus of those saying Jayco is rock solid on warranty issues. I have not been happy to have ended up with the lemon of the fleet... Heck I may have bought the whole damn lemonade stand... But Jayco has stood behind every issue and fixed them all without question. At times my dealer has frustrated me but never the mother company. Of three RV's this was my first Jayco and I continue to be a proud owner.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Old 04-27-2016, 02:57 PM   #43

So I guess I am wondering why you didn't get the warranty??
Old 04-27-2016, 03:22 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
From following this thread, it appears the DEALER was at fault and not Jayco. I would be more worried what else the dealer special ordered that I was not aware of. Why would Jayco warranty something that you didn't buy? That is the dealers responsibility to handle. Just because your not happy doesn't mean it's always someone else's fault. Sometimes we have to look at ourselves and say, dang I ASSUMED it would come with a blind there but it didn't, shame on my.

As I have said before this is not the hill worth dying on. Dealer should of told you if they ordered something special, what was included and what they eliminated.
JMHO.
If you had follwed the thread then you would know 2 dealers said it was supposed be there and they made assumption by looking at other Eagle HT on their lots, one dealer have about 25 Eagle HT's on the lot.

Now we getting into the who is at fault. I am at the mercy of THEM. Stick out your index fingers and cross arms and that is who is at fault: Dealer says contact Jayco and Jayco says contact dealer.

I just spent $33,000 LARGE at the dealer buying a Jayco and suddenly its my fault and $68 buck component (MSRP) was not installed. Jayco has given me 2 different answer as to why, Dealer(s) say it should be there.

If NONE of the windows had blinds then yea, I should have noted that and understood it did not come with blinds.

I took responsibility, I ordered a blind, paid full MSRP and did so this past Monday....
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
Old 04-27-2016, 03:25 PM   #45

I'm not so sure that it was a "special order" for another customer. My opinion is that since Jayco reserves the right to change build plans at any time, they probably ran out of the blinds, and in order to keep production humming, edited the build sheet of that particular trailer to reflect the change. So technically, it was built correctly and to plan. That's my opinion anyway.

And another opinion of mine is that Jayco SHOULD have just bit the bullet, even if technically in the right, and just given the OP the part and called it a day. Instead of a negative thread, 17 Oaks might have sung their praises here instead, which might have caused another person to buy a Jayco.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #46

If you buy a truck off the lot that came, as spec'd with a compact spare do you think GM, FORD or CHRYSLER would give you the full size spare. I think they would put that on the dealer, or you.

But here is another side of the JAYCO coin, as posted on this Forum bragging about customer service.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...ice-35485.html
Old 04-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #47

I read all 5 pages and I'm a little confused, granted I'm not familiar with the model the OP purchased. But is the blind a free-standing or separate window cover, or is the blind actually incorporated in the window itself?

If the latter is true, I can see where it can be expensive as you would have to change out the whole window.
Gerard
Old 04-27-2016, 04:20 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
If you had follwed the thread then you would know 2 dealers said it was supposed be there and they made assumption by looking at other Eagle HT on their lots, one dealer have about 25 Eagle HT's on the lot.

Now we getting into the who is at fault. I am at the mercy of THEM. Stick out your index fingers and cross arms and that is who is at fault: Dealer says contact Jayco and Jayco says contact dealer.

I just spent $33,000 LARGE at the dealer buying a Jayco and suddenly its my fault and $68 buck component (MSRP) was not installed. Jayco has given me 2 different answer as to why, Dealer(s) say it should be there.

If NONE of the windows had blinds then yea, I should have noted that and understood it did not come with blinds.

I took responsibility, I ordered a blind, paid full MSRP and did so this past Monday....
Jayco said it was special ordered without the blind...perhaps it was suppose to be there, I have no clue and, perhaps the salesperson at the dealership didn't know it was ordered without it, as I said, I would be curious as to what else was ordered or left off the order ? I have no clue if Jayco will Email you the original order so you can see, who ordered it (it may of been traded from one dealer to another) and what IS on your rig.. They may of special ordered (dealer stock can be special ordered as I understand it) with other items left off to lower the price? I have no clue, but through all of this it appears a DEALER problem more than a Manufacturer problem. I'm just saying put your wrath at the proper place. Blaming a manufacturer who by most people does a great job, for something that was special ordered without something, is not fair, nor is it going to get you far. Get the original order if you can, then see who purchased the rig and if not your dealer than you understand why they didn't realize it was asked to be left off.

You want results you want to aim your complaint to the proper organization.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I read all 5 pages and I'm a little confused, granted I'm not familiar with the model the OP purchased. But is the blind a free-standing or separate window cover, or is the blind actually incorporated in the window itself?

If the latter is true, I can see where it can be expensive as you would have to change out the whole window.
Here are a couple of pics of what I am referring to. The window has a inset channel where the blind goes, its inside the frame, but not inside the window glass, just next to it. Window is directly across from the bathroom door and just at the top of the 2 stairs. Its the only window without some means of denying someone looking in. The window is fixed, so it cannot be opened. As the window is in the short hallway it would not and does not have any external window treatment, which would get knocked off:

Outside view

A thanks to all who posted positive comments and helped clarify so I can see the light.
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
Old 04-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #50
Site Team

Thanks for the pictures. This thread is now closed.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Closed Thread