Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 06:59 AM   #31

Close the bathroom door when your in there.. gee that was easy to fix...

215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Old 04-27-2016, 08:06 AM   #32

Something isn't making sense here... You're saying that other Jayco's of the exact same year and model have the blind, and yours doesn't?

Bypass the dealer and contact Jayco Customer Service directly, our experience with them has been that they bend over backwards to make it right. Your unit shouldn't be different than every one that they made.

The problem may be with how the dealer is interacting with Jayco.

2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 04-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #33

Final answer from Jayco.

Interesting in that the first reply stated it was a "design feature", now that has been changed.

"Hello Donald,

Don, based upon your actual order ticket your unit was built to spec. We at Jayco apologize to hear that you are displeased as we truly understand. Moving forward since your coach was built to order we only warrant manufactured defects which is a defect with the product which this is not the case your unit was built to spec. I will note this in your ticket file and you have a great day.

Thanks,

Anthony Rodriguez
Technical Representative-Retail"

So someone ORDERED this unit and did a delete on a window blind???? OK, I will rest my case, but I no more believe this than I believe ISIS chops off heads for peaceful purposes.
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
Old 04-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #34

Interesting,

So someone ordered to that unit specifically without that feature, and apparently backed out of the deal. So, the dealer was left with the special order unit, and sold it to you.

The dealer should have informed you that this was a special order unit before the sale, and it certainly should have been caught during the PDI.

Sounds like the dealer should make this right!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 04-27-2016, 12:38 PM   #35

I know that written documentation is normally the way to go but CALL THEM!
574-825-5861
Sometimes things aren't understood in an email. Worth a last try...

Old 04-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
ALL privacy windows come with blinds from the factory. Someone's blowing smoke.
Not so, the Seismic hallway window has no blinds, had to install myself. fought for one from Jayco and lost.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums843.html
Old 04-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Not so, the Seismic hallway window has no blinds, had to install myself. fought for one from Jayco and lost.
May be true, but two dealers looked at other Eagle HT units and they all had a blind in that window.

1) I don't believe Jayco and that is a sad thing to lose faith this early in the ownership

2) They have made NO effort to resolve the issue other than go see a dealer, not is not resolving problems, especially since the dealer cannot do anything except sell me one.

If I were Jayco at this stage I was ask: What would you like for us to do to resolve the issue.

My answer: Sell me one, ship it to me and I will install it myself, thanks (this is what I told my dealer).

Jayco has NO desire to make a customer happy or even attempt to do so.

I own a company now and have started and sold several others over my 50+ years in business. I have 3 rules I follow that leads to the success I have had:

1) Customer Service

2) Customer Service

anyone want to guess rule 3?

3) Customer Service

Jayco: Got a problem, that's YOUR problem!
Old 04-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #38
Site Team

I would ask to see the build sheet from the dealer to confirm the blind was not ordered or was deleted originally.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
I meant Eagles.
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
Old 04-27-2016, 03:09 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I would ask to see the build sheet from the dealer to confirm the blind was not ordered or was deleted originally.
At this point in time its become OBE (Overcome By Events), I have already ponyed up the $68 bucks to buy one from the dealer and wife said she will install (she is very good at things like this, she is also an engineer) so its just move on .org and chalk it up to another company that cannot deliver on its promises.

There I was sitting is Mr Bill's office talking about hunting and the car I had on order. Mr Bill owned Bickerstaff Chev and it had been in the family for 3 generations. I was a young Captain stationed at Ft Benning Ga. Suddenly a Chevy comes sliding into the parking lot and you could tell by the way the guy got out of the car he was hot under the collar. He came into the room and UNLOADED on the car and everything else. Finally he calmed down and Mr Bill looked up and said: John, what did you pay for that Chevy? As he said that he reached into his desk drawer and pulled out and old style Check book, about the size of a legal sheet of paper.

John replied: I paid over $12,000 for that &()* car. Mr Bill began to write and then handed him a check and said: Here is $13000 that should cover it and I will have someone take you home. John looked at the check, said nothing and walked out.

I sat dumbfounded and said WOW, you lost a $1000 bucks. Mr Bill laughed and said naw. About that time in comes John, head down and sheepishly hand him the check and said: Sorry Mr Bill I know your mechanics can get it right. Mr Bill told him to pick out a car and go home he would call him when it got fixed.

What I learned that day a long time ago was the true meaning of customer service and I never forgot it...

Closed Thread