Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #1

Angry Help Warranty fight w/Jayco

Just bought our 5iver and first night out I take dog outside and turn to go back in and can't believe my eyes. Wife is in bathroom and I am seeing her.

Front bedroom, then bathroom with stairs and short hallway. Window is across from bathroom door.

I go in to close blind and there is NO blind, no window covering of any kind. We take our 5iver to a dealer they check other units and there is a blind in the window. So they file a warranty claim for us. It comes back disapproved and Jayco says its a "design feature".

I don't believe it, I think I am being lied to by Jayco and did I just find out the industry leading 2 year warranty is a 2 year no-warranty. Is it the Jayco slogan: 'you got a problem, thats your problem'????

We have blinds on every window in the unit except the most important one! We have pics of other '16's exactly like and our model and colors, yep, got a blind.

Well the blind has got me in a bind... and wife is steaming,
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
Old 04-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
Just bought our 5iver and first night out I take dog outside and turn to go back in and can't believe my eyes. Wife is in bathroom and I am seeing her.

Front bedroom, then bathroom with stairs and short hallway. Window is across from bathroom door.

I go in to close blind and there is NO blind, no window covering of any kind. We take our 5iver to a dealer they check other units and there is a blind in the window. So they file a warranty claim for us. It comes back disapproved and Jayco says its a "design feature".

I don't believe it, I think I am being lied to by Jayco and did I just find out the industry leading 2 year warranty is a 2 year no-warranty. Is it the Jayco slogan: 'you got a problem, thats your problem'????

We have blinds on every window in the unit except the most important one! We have pics of other '16's exactly like and our model and colors, yep, got a blind.

Well the blind has got me in a bind... and wife is steaming,
Same exact thing with the Seismic 4212, no blind of any kind on the window in hallway stairs. You will not win, welcome to the world of Jayco.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Old 04-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #3

Well I have the same window/bathroom "feature" in mine and my hall window has the blind built into it. I find it easier to close the door than the blind while taking a leak. That said you should still fight to get your blind like the other units have. I would keep on the dealer and they need to fight with Jayco for you.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #4

For me, this would not be the hill I want to die on. For probably less then $50 you could get a blind to put there. I would save my aggravation and frustration for the bigger fights. I have found Jayco very responsive to any issues we had, as few as they were.

I would also myself get in the habit of closing the door, never know when someone may open the blind some when you thought it was closed. Of course, if they looked in on me they would never look in another window again

Old 04-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #5

ALL privacy windows come with blinds from the factory. Someone's blowing smoke.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
Old 04-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #6

Key reason why I bought it...2 year warranty! Well I just found out I ain't got it! Makes me question the whole line of products they sell.

Be one thing if this was 18 mo down the road, but I bought it on 13 Apr and if that is not enough, other similar and exact units have a blind.

IMO if a company will screw you on a (most likely < $20 buck item) can you imagine a high dollar failure. Jayco is at best STUPID to have disapproved something that would have cost them next to nothing to fix. And do they really want some engineer talking about their lack of warranty support. Maybe I would just brush it off, but I own a company that has a retail presence both on the ground and the internet. I would NEVER consider treating a customer this way.

You stand behind your product, this is not a cause of use or abuse, Jayco FAILED in quality control and customer service.

Welcome to Jayco huh!
Old 04-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #7

Your dealer should take care of this, period.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusegroup View Post
Your dealer should take care of this, period.
They came out and inspected our unit, then went to other Jayco's to confirm there should be a blind in the window and the answer was YES, they took pics and sent to Jayco and it was disapproved...."design feature" move on along, nothing to see or fix here.

from the Jayco site:

"At Jayco, we promise to provide you the best service possible - before, during and after the sale. We hope we can provide you with everything you need for all your RV adventures.

Safe Travels,

The Jayco Family"

WOW, with family like this I sure don't need any enemies
Old 04-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #9

For what you pay for these rigs, I would want my blind. Why should you have to go out and buy one? It's ridiculous that they'd fight with you over such a small item.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #10

If Jayco doesn't take care of this, the dealer should step up to the plate and give you the blind. It would possibly keep a bad situation from getting worse. It's also a good way to show your customers that you care and want to retain a relationship with them. We do it in the car business all the time. A $20 blind can mean thousands down the road.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
Old 04-26-2016, 02:12 PM   #11

My dealer just called, they will fix it for $168 ($65 parts, $103 labor)

Response from Jayco

jHello Donald,

I am sorry to hear about your frustration in regards to the window treatment, unfortunately that will either have to go through your selling dealer to have them replace or you will have to find a local Jayco dealer to take it too. At this time we will note this on file for future reference.

Best Regards,

Anthony Rodriguez
Technical Representative-Retail
Old 04-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #12

Quote:
My dealer just called, they will fix it for $168 ($65 parts, $103 labor)

Response from Jayco

jHello Donald,

I am sorry to hear about your frustration in regards to the window treatment, unfortunately that will either have to go through your selling dealer to have them replace or you will have to find a local Jayco dealer to take it too. At this time we will note this on file for future reference.

Best Regards,

Anthony Rodriguez
Technical Representative-Retail
Sounds like the dealer is the problem. JAYCO will not ship to you so they are saying have your dealer file the claim. I don't see anything in that response that says they won't cover it.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Sounds like the dealer is the problem. JAYCO will not ship to you so they are saying have your dealer file the claim. I don't see anything in that response that says they won't cover it.
This is MY dialog with Jayco, this is the second one I received, almost a duplicate of the first. I did NOT ask them to ship to me. The disapproval was to the Jayco dealer (largest in the US), so I asked the dealer if I could pay for it and they said yes, $168.

I asked Jayco to help and all I got was 2 one liner e mails tell me the same thing...
Old 04-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #14

I would call Jayco and calmly explain the situation to them. The dealer sounds like a place I would not want to deal with.

If the other models have it, so shoukd you!

BTW, what dealer is this?

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Old 04-26-2016, 02:37 PM   #15

Quote:
The disapproval was to the Jayco dealer (largest in the US), so I asked the dealer if I could pay for it and they said yes, $168.
I don't see that denial anywhere in JAYCO's response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post

BTW, what dealer is this?

Murff
Sure sounds like CW to me.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:07 PM   #16

Quote:
This is MY dialog with Jayco, this is the second one I received, almost a duplicate of the first. I did NOT ask them to ship to me. The disapproval was to the Jayco dealer (largest in the US), so I asked the dealer if I could pay for it and they said yes, $168.

I asked Jayco to help and all I got was 2 one liner e mails tell me the same thing...
Jayco strongly depends on their dealer network, and rarely will work with a customer directly for warranty claims. The notes they sent to you ask you to work through a dealer to get it resolved. Sounds like the dealer is the one dropping the ball. They sold you a unit that is missing parts, as demonstrated by their having the exact same units for sale with the parts! You bought from the dealer. They are the one that needs to correct the problem. Now if they can get reimbursed from Jayco, great. But no matter, they represented a complete unit like all their others. But they didn't give you a complete unit.
You could demand to see proof that they submitted a claim, and it was denied. (I'm suspicious whether they actually did). But what matters is they are the ones responsible for resolving the issue, whether they get reimbursed or not.
Sounds like a small claims and Better Business Bureau issue if the dealer doesn't come through.

I don't deal with Ford about issues with my truck. I deal with the dealer.....
Old 04-26-2016, 03:14 PM   #17

I would call Jayco directly. They have a two tier system. If the first person will not help you get the blind, ask to talk to their manager. Ask them to ship the part directly to you...you will install it yourself. Be very polite, but don't take no for an answer. Just keep talking nicely telling them why you need it.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:18 PM   #18

Curious - is the dealer you are attempting to get warranty claim with the same dealer you purchased from?

I notice your original post says "a dealer".

If not, I suspect this is the issue more than Jayco, its really not like Jayco to fuss over things like this.

Warranty service from non-selling dealers is a repeated issue. You can read all about on this and other forums.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
Old 04-26-2016, 03:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
Jayco strongly depends on their dealer network, and rarely will work with a customer directly for warranty claims. The notes they sent to you ask you to work through a dealer to get it resolved. Sounds like the dealer is the one dropping the ball. They sold you a unit that is missing parts, as demonstrated by their having the exact same units for sale with the parts! You bought from the dealer. They are the one that needs to correct the problem. Now if they can get reimbursed from Jayco, great. But no matter, they represented a complete unit like all their others. But they didn't give you a complete unit.
You could demand to see proof that they submitted a claim, and it was denied. (I'm suspicious whether they actually did). But what matters is they are the ones responsible for resolving the issue, whether they get reimbursed or not.
I agree. Something just doesn't sound right because Jayco has, in many cases, "bent over backwards" to satisfy customers. The letter from Jayco said that 17 Oaks needs to go through the selling dealer to have them REPLACE the item. As though, it was there originally but now, for some reason, it's gone. I agree with others who say that the problem just might be the dealer.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
Old 04-26-2016, 04:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
Jayco strongly depends on their dealer network, and rarely will work with a customer directly for warranty claims.
My recent experience went the other way. I was working through our dealer to get Jayco to replace the Girard tankless water heater with a tank model. After Jayco hesitated in agreeing to do it, our dealer asked, "Why not?" The Jayco rep replied, "If it is that much of a concern to the owner, why has he not contacted me on it?"

The service manager was very surprised at that and told him it was because the owner was working through the dealership as he should. When the service manager relayed that to me, the Jayco rep received a call that afternoon where I explained that the water heater was a big deal to me. After a little discussion, he agreed to replace it.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
Closed Thread