Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2017, 09:59 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire View Post
You may be right. My info is coming from a combination of forum posts and trying to make sense of it all. The sales people seem equally confused about some of these options. I did not select the trailer camera / TPMS because I was led to believe this is a lesser option than the full Ultimate Camera Package. So if my "ultimate" package is missing the trailer camera, it ain't so ultimate and I'm going to be pissed.

What do you mean about "when you select "5th wheel" in the trailer setup options". Are you talking about during the order process... what trailer setup options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 5th wheel option selection in the tow system software on the infotainment system.

In other words, if you want to use BLISS with your 5th wheel, choose trailer instead of 5th wheel, and some have had success.
dksmith17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:06 AM   #42

The trailer "backup" cameras do cut off. But the "observation" cameras don't. My MBOK is supposed to have an observation camera so you can use it like a rear view mirror when you drive. But to be honest, I don't know whether to believe that, because it's not crystal clear from Jayco. And now I'm not even sure it will integrate into my Ultimate Camera package. And I don't know if my BLISS system will show up deactivated. <sigh.....>

Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:08 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksmith17 View Post
The 5th wheel option selection in the tow system software on the infotainment system.

In other words, if you want to use BLISS with your 5th wheel, choose trailer instead of 5th wheel, and some have had success.

Ahhh, I get it.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:12 PM   #44

I think you're good to go.
You'll love it.

I wish I could talk you into the adaptive cruise. It's just worth the extra money.
The accident avoidance system just saved me, last week, from a full hyw speed rear ender while I was farting around with my Nav.
That was worth the money right there.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #45

The adaptive just isn't an option on the XL. I never thought about it because it never presented itself when I put together the order. I certainly would like it though.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #46

I looked up the adaptive cruise control option just to second guess myself. It's not available on the XL OR XLT. It's Lariat or above, which is a $12,000 jump from the XL. It would sure be nice to have it though.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #47

Oh wow.
Nice of Ford to suck a customer dry for a safety feature.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #48

You're getting A LOT more than just ACC for the additional money. We have an 2017 XL F350 6.7 CC on the lot for $48K. Lariats, Platinums, etc. are in excess of $75-80K. New of course. Haven't really played around with the toys in the New Super Duty's but, I think it's high time I did. Trucks are just getting out of hand here recently. With all the demand for "nicer" interiors, more toys (to go bad), electric this and electric that, etc., we've lost the real reason to own a truck. At least it seems that way to me. Give me a good 'ol '84 F350 6.9 anyday.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:35 PM   #49

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
By the way, it's a 4.3 rear end, not transmission, the transmission is the 6R140

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk