Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #21

My 32' current trailer has 4-point level up. Both level up and ground control recommend 6-point only on certain length frames. The rear jacks are right behind the tires, not at the rear. This is on all brands and models of trailers. My trade trailer is 8 years old. Never a problem with anything on the level-up or frame. We camp in state parks and fields. Tires are almost always in the air. At home leveled, my road side tires are 5 or so inches off the ground.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #22

That's good to know the jacks close to the wheels.
It leaves a lot of tail wagging behind. Good idea with putting stabilizers at the very back.

Are the front jacks slightly angled outwards?
The Ground Control jacks are all perfectly straight. Even with the 6 point there is a lot of movement.
I haven't seen any Jayco's with LevelUp, but my dealer also has Keystone and I pushed on the front side of an Alpine with the 6 point. There was no movement. It is fairly easy to get a 6 point Ground Control moving.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:52 AM   #23

Most level-up use pinless angled landing gear. That goes a long way on movement. Yes the ground control uses standard pinned tube in a tube in a tube landing gear and have play and a lot of movement comes from that. That's where JT's come into play. Some brands include the electric rear stabilizers with ground control, but Jayco doesn't. They include it as standard without ground control. I had my dealer contact Jayco to see if they would install the rear electric stabilizers and they agreed to.
I'm not sure if I will like ground control after having level-up. That's why I pulled everything but the landing gear and hydro pump off my trade. If I don't like the ground control, it will come off and level-up will go on. I will only need to buy the landing gear and hydro pump. Than I can sell the ground control to more than pay for the needed parts. So I do have a plan B. Lol

Earl
Old 02-20-2017, 07:04 AM   #24

It's official. We pulled the trigger on an Eagle 293RKDS on Saturday. Our options included the 12 cu ft frig, theater seating, dual pane windows, and of course the mandatory upgrades. IDK, probably forgetting something, but we didn't order automatic leveling or the tankless hot water. I also reversed position on the pin box upgrade as I don't think it would provide much benefit with the Anderson Ultimate hitch. We ordered the Cashmere interior. The dealer said they would be in touch with a date. The only bummer for us was we hit a deer on the way to the dealer. I will need to get one door replaced on the truck but it could have been a lot worse. I don't even think the deer got much more than a headache. Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions on these upgrades. I would not have ordered the dual pane windows without your input.
Doubleheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I, for one, think you made the right decision.

Put these on in the front
https://store.lci1.com/jts-jack-stabilizer-fifth-wheel

And these on the back
Power Stabilizer Jacks

And your rig will be way more stable then 4 point Ground control.

Thanks I'll definitely keep these in mind
Old 02-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleheader View Post
It's official. We pulled the trigger on an Eagle 293RKDS on Saturday. Our options included the 12 cu ft frig, theater seating, dual pane windows, and of course the mandatory upgrades. IDK, probably forgetting something, but we didn't order automatic leveling or the tankless hot water. I also reversed position on the pin box upgrade as I don't think it would provide much benefit with the Anderson Ultimate hitch. We ordered the Cashmere interior. The dealer said they would be in touch with a date. The only bummer for us was we hit a deer on the way to the dealer. I will need to get one door replaced on the truck but it could have been a lot worse. I don't even think the deer got much more than a headache. Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions on these upgrades. I would not have ordered the dual pane windows without your input.
I extremely recommend the 2nd AC. Did you order it?

Earl
Old 02-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
I extremely recommend the 2nd AC. Did you order it?

Earl

No. But I'm told it's all prepped in the event I want to add it.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleheader View Post
No. But I'm told it's all prepped in the event I want to add it.
I definitely see you adding one in the future! Lol glad you got the dual pane windows. A lot of people don't bother. They will come in handy till you add the 2nd AC unit.

Earl