Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2021, 01:43 AM   #1

Hey guys this is going to be a short camping season

As some may know I had to take in my fiver in for warranty work, well when they got it back in December they found the back wall was coming apart, I call yesterday to see what's was going on and the dealer told me that they still waiting for the factory to send in the back wall.

They have to replace the whole back wall, I don't know how they are going to do that but then again I know nothing about doing something like that.

I have email the factory but I haven't received an answer back from them, so they also haven't repaint the front cap, don't know if the factory have okay that but none of it have been done.

They don't have the back wall yet, so yeah, this is going to be a short camping season for us, it would have been nice to know when can I plan on a trip but I can't.

The wife and I just had to leave today and go to a hotel on vacation but hey it is what it is, just vented those.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:37 AM   #2

Sorry to here this Big1
This last year has caused no end of grief for parts needs and new purchase warranty parts.
Hope it gets better as more folks get vaccinated and parts production and distribution get back to more normal.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:23 AM   #3

That really stinks. I’d be on the phone daily trying to get some kind of time line nailed down with Jayco. Is the unit unusable in its current state? I ask because you had no idea the back wall needed replacing to begin with at the start of all this. If it’s still useable, I’d get it back till the dealer and jayco get there act together on this. Any pics of the back wall issue?

Sorry to hear about all this. I understand the frustration.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:27 PM   #4

Thank you guys for your comments, and no it's not usable until they fix it, I sent Jayco an email but I guess that it take them a couple of days to response. It is very frustrating, it's not the dealer but the manufactory taking so long to send the parts I guess that I will have to wait and see what Jayco say for now.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:43 PM   #5

I'll "join the chorus" of condolences for your truncated camping season. That stinks.

I would be surprised if Jayco (or anyone else) would commit to a timetable. There's just SO much uncertainty in the supply chain. From raw materials all the way to the labor force, and every step in between; there are just too many unknowns. I wouldn't commit if I were them. How crappy would it be if they did, and you made reservations in anticipation of having your rig back, just to have to cancel them because something happened that was completely out of their control.

It's not ideal, but as you said, "it is what it is".

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I'll "join the chorus" of condolences for your truncated camping season. That stinks.

I would be surprised if Jayco (or anyone else) would commit to a timetable. There's just SO much uncertainty in the supply chain. From raw materials all the way to the labor force, and every step in between; there are just too many unknowns. I wouldn't commit if I were them. How crappy would it be if they did, and you made reservations in anticipation of having your rig back, just to have to cancel them because something happened that was completely out of their control.

It's not ideal, but as you said, "it is what it is".

And I'm trying to think positive on the issue, I would like to believe that any minute that the dealer will get in the part needed to move forward on it.

I did get an email from Jayco and they are aware of the issue but the CS that I talk with didn't have that information at hand, but said that they gave the dealer to go head back in Jan.

I just have to keep on thinking positive and keep talking with the dealer and the factory so that it will keep them aware. I don't know the process on the factory sending them parts such as this magnitude.

I'm hoping that soon the wife and I will be back camping soon, I know she is ready to use it, I'm trying to keep things calm because you know how women can get but like I said, it is what it is thank you for your comment.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:18 PM   #7

That flat out sucks. Sorry to hear that. I saw a picture of rows of Pinnacles at the Jayco plant waiting for rear fiberglass caps, so the struggle on the supply side is real. I know it doesn’t help your situation. Looking forward to better times.

2015 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7PS
2018 Cougar 344MKS
2006 Jayflight 30.5 RLS (sold)
2018 Ram 1500 CCSB 5.7, 3.92 rear (lease up)
jfk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:09 PM   #8

Thank you sir, and yeah I agree it does suck but I'm trying to have patience, flying off the handle want help they still want get the part in no sooner. I'm hoping that this will be taken care of in a timely manner.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:44 AM   #9

Good morning- My wife and I purchased a 2020 25.5REOK in Sept. of last year. We too had a problem with the back wall of the camper. The dealer we purchased the camper from- I can't say enough good things about them. Contacted Jayco and Jayco sent out a replacement wall. I took some time but the repairs were performed in "off" season. This year seems to be the year for shortages of everything....
G&T Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:23 PM   #10

That is a total bummer! And, responding as one of those women who gets "that way," I can only commend you for staying so positive whilst dealing with such a frustrating situation. Best of luck!
the_Meirkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:59 AM   #11

Feeling you

Sorry to hear, I know how it feels. I’ll never buy a new Rv again. My unit was tied up for repairs for 9 months this past year out of 12 months of owning it new. Next time I’m going slightly used and hopefully all the issues are worked out by original owner.
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
As some may know I had to take in my fiver in for warranty work, well when they got it back in December they found the back wall was coming apart, I call yesterday to see what's was going on and the dealer told me that they still waiting for the factory to send in the back wall.

They have to replace the whole back wall, I don't know how they are going to do that but then again I know nothing about doing something like that.

I have email the factory but I haven't received an answer back from them, so they also haven't repaint the front cap, don't know if the factory have okay that but none of it have been done.

They don't have the back wall yet, so yeah, this is going to be a short camping season for us, it would have been nice to know when can I plan on a trip but I can't.

The wife and I just had to leave today and go to a hotel on vacation but hey it is what it is, just vented those.
You should call customer service and ask them to check on this. They will need the last 8 of your VIN. A dealer told my something simular and when I called customer service they said the dealer had not sent in pictures that they requested and that's what they were waiting on. When I called back the dealer They acted like they thought it was done. Now I always double check with a live personal Jayco. Jayco Customer Service number is 1-800-283-8267. They will assign a rep to you. Then you can communicate with the same person to follow threw later.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
You should call customer service and ask them to check on this. They will need the last 8 of your VIN. A dealer told my something simular and when I called customer service they said the dealer had not sent in pictures that they requested and that's what they were waiting on. When I called back the dealer They acted like they thought it was done. Now I always double check with a live personal Jayco. Jayco Customer Service number is 1-800-283-8267. They will assign a rep to you. Then you can communicate with the same person to follow threw later.
What he is saying above. I had mine back to CW (Not the dealer) to have warranty work done. After some time, I started inquiring as to the status. CW said they are waiting in Jayco. SO, I called Jayco. Jayco said they were waiting for the CW to send them pictures. CW said they did. I asked if I could see the e-mail with the photos........ Guess what.... CW couldn't find it. So, I told them I wanted to see them send it to Jayco. Things moved along much better after that.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:20 PM   #14

If you buy a product and its defective it should be repaired in a reasonable amount of time. The factory must have the parts if they are continuing to make the same model. Any reputable company would repair one that is already paid for ahead of one that is just being manufactured.

Maybe there is some sort of lemon law that would apply. If it were mine I would ask for a full refund of the purchase price. At the very least, they should be paying your monthly payment until you get it back.

I'm a kinda guy that doesn't take kindly to treatment like this, which I consider totally unacceptable. I personally find that bad press is worth a thousand words.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:19 PM   #15

Sorry to hear if your troubles, assuming your rig is at Valley RV? I hope your experience is better with them than ours. Just got our 32RLTS back after 2 months in the shop for minor issues.
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:44 PM   #16

Sorry about your misfortune, it really puts things into prospective when we all have little issues that don’t keep us from our camping trips!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote