Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #1

Question Hide-a-bed sofa with air mattress & Easy lube axles

Greetings...

(1). In our 365BHS, we have a hide-a-bed sofa with air mattress. In the 325BHS we previously had, we had the "standard" hide a bed with 2" mattress. The 325's bed simply folded out like an ordinary hide-a-bed, and the sofa was "connected" to the 325's flooring. In the 365, the sofa is NOT connected to the flooring (is this correct?) and there's NO INSTRUCTIONS (at least that I can find) on how to open/operate the hide-a-bed. The walk through did NOT go over this and I didn't think to ask.

(2). Easy lube axles. How do you access the lube point? There is a hub cap on the wheel. I can't figure out how to remove the hub cap without causing damage to it (there's no "screwdriver pry point" or similar). Of course, the instructions already have the hubcap removed.

Thoughts... Thanks in advance for your help.

2015 Seneca 37TS ("Screaming Eagle")
2009 Hummer H3 ("Ranger")
2005 Chevy 2500HD ("Max")
2008 MasterCraft X-15 ("One More Time")
WeylanBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #2

We ordered our 28.5RLS Eagle Superlite fifth wheel with the sofa air bed just because we thought it was more comfortable than the jackknife sofa. Ours sofa came fastened to the wall with a couple of brackets, but not fastened to the floor. I removed the wall brackets, because they were just fastened into the paneling and did not really hold anything, but did mess up the wall. Since I removed them, we have had no issues with the sofa shifting around.

We found a plastic package in the drawer under the sofa. In the package was the air mattress/motor unit and a set of rather ambiguous and confusing directions. Apparently there are several varieties of air mattress but only one set of instructions. With ours, you just remove the sofa cushions, unfold it, remove the air mattress from the package, put the motor at the rear bottom, slide the mattress itself under two elastic bands, and plug the motor in. The directions talk about a valve which on our mattress does not exist. Push the button for inflate or deflate. The mattress can stay in place all the time (deflated), even with the sofa folded up. I decided to unplug the motor unit; I could just see something pushing the switch with the sofa folded up, and interesting things happening.

All this reads as much harder and more confusing than it is in actuality.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #3

The bed collapsed on me when I tried to set it up. Like yours, mine too is not secured in any way...
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #4

Chances are you will have to take the wheel off to remove the hub cap. Some of the caps are installed from the back side of the wheel.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #5

Camper 10

I have a 2010 365 BHS. I used a flathead screw driver and popped off the end of the hubcap. The end of the hubcap has a insert that will pop off. You do not have to remove the wheel or hubcap.The grease fitting is under the rubber cap on the end of the axle. Very easy to grease the axle. Took me about 10 minutes to complete all four.
Camper 10
taylorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #6

To deflate my air mattress I just flip the switch on the pump to "deflate". I don't have to do anything else. Very easy.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #7

@clutch... Well that would certainly challenge the "easy lube" statement - ha!!

@taylorj... That's KIND OF what I thought; however, I didn't see any "indents" for the screwdriver and wanted to make SURE that's what you did before I went and put too much torque and damaged the hub. Thanks for the insight - I'll give it a try this weekend.

@RVhiker, @ShinPondHunter, and @edalanta... Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see how it works this weekend and will post my "results".

2015 Seneca 37TS ("Screaming Eagle")
2009 Hummer H3 ("Ranger")
2005 Chevy 2500HD ("Max")
2008 MasterCraft X-15 ("One More Time")
WeylanBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #8

I haven't checked mine to see how the hub center comes off. I don't really care for the grease fittings on the axles and prefer to plull the bearings and pack them by hand. A lot of brakes have been ruined by people pumping in to much grease and causing the seal to leak. Remember if you use the ez lube feature to only give each one two pumps.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #9

I have the air mattress that developed a leak rather quickly this winter while I was in Texas. My next door neighbor has a Sunnybrook with the same mattress and his sprung a leak last weekend as well. The mattress was still under warranty so I brought it back home to the dealer for replacement. I am thinking that the metal frame on the bed mechanism caused the problem so when I get it back I am going to get a moving pad to put down before I try to use the mattress again. Has anyone else had any problems? I probably used mine more than most people, every night for 3 1/2 months.
rbrumfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #10

Haven't used the air mattress yet, but I really like the moving pad idea to prevent any issues.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #11

Air Mattress

From what I have been reading about the air mattress some type of mat between the mechanism and the mattress is a must, It would definately cut down on leaks.
Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:01 AM   #12

We just started de-winterizing and found one of the air mattress with holes chewed in it by mice. I guess we should have brought them in for the winter
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote