Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2019, 08:33 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM1022 View Post
We have the 37MDQS and tow with a Ford F-350 SRW , 6.7 diesel long bed with club cab and have the puck system in the truck. We use the Reese Elite Series Pre-Assembled 18K 5th Wheel Hitch. We have never had a problem with the hitch. it's worked well for us
Looks like we will have your same setup. We were going to pickup our unit last week, but Arizona had a crazy snow storm. Who would have thought, so we are putting it off until next week. Did you add airbags to your truck or do any other modifications before pulling? I have tried to do extensive research regarding weight and believe we are well within our limits but wasn't sure if we were going to need the airbags.
tjwoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #62

We did not add airbags and it seemed like the 350 had enough beef built in that we would not need the air bags. The Pinnacle did not make the truck squat at all and has been excellent in pulling. That was the hardest part in making the truck and RV decision is weights and pulling capabilities. But so far so good. You're going to love the 37 MDQS
RickM1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:02 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleheader View Post
An earlier poster discussed needing to be nearly straight on when hooking up. I don’t understand that issue at all. I have no issues hooking or unhooking with chains at an angle. I mean think about it, you’re lowering over a round sphere. Why do you need to be straight?
If the RV dealer had installed it without removing chain links, this would not have been an issue as there would have been more than enough slack. But they left a very slim margin when they removed a couple links and if my truck is offset more than, say 10 degrees, it won't give me enough slack to thread the bolt on one side. Simple fix is to pull the trailer a few feet forward to level, straight ground and then secure the other side.
ChaosTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:59 PM   #64

Sorry for the confusion. I did not read the ISR model. I have the Pullrite super glide.
Tierneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierneyb View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I did not read the ISR model. I have the Pullrite super glide.
Easy enough to do. Thank you for your response though. Still very valid points about being heavy and not easy to hitch up to.
tjwoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:37 PM   #66
DGW

You can save yourself a lot of weight by going with an Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch.
DGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #67

5th Wheel Hitch

When we got our 5th Wheel several dealers all pointed us towards the Anderson Hitch. In North Dakota we have lots of winds, always in the opposite direction you would like it. That said The Anderson pulls awesomely in those contions. Easy to install, and line up to hook up. My 2 cents !
JKnox8688 is offline   Reply With Quote