Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #1

Exclamation Hot water tank will not light

This is only our second time out with our 2021 319MLOK. Hot water tank worked well on gas the first time out. Pulled into a spot yesterday lit the tank and worked fine. Had s hot water. This morning now hot water and can not get the tank to even try and fire. I pushed the resets and now i get this this yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it.

Any ideas what is going on or what I should be looking for to fix?
Toolguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:41 AM   #2

I've had problems lighting my Water Heater on more than one occasion. I think you will find the problem lies with air trapped int the gas lines.. Try lighting your stove, sometimes this is difficult too when air is trapped, but easier to get going then the Water Heater. Once your stove is lit up, let it go for about 30 seconds, then try lighting your Water heater. You might have another problem but this simple step is worth trying. If it works, then you know what to do in the future.. Good Luck
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:41 PM   #3

It is not air in the line. We have been using stove. I always bleed the lines first when we get set up.

I am not even getting the initial arc. I tried resetting it several time. The one button feels like it is tripped and does not feel like it resets. Right now it is working off electric so i will dig into it when we arrive home in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolguy5 View Post
It is not air in the line. We have been using stove. I always bleed the lines first when we get set up.

I am not even getting the initial arc. I tried resetting it several time. The one button feels like it is tripped and does not feel like it resets. Right now it is working off electric so i will dig into it when we arrive home in a couple of weeks.
Gotcha,, if you aren't getting the 'light' arc, i would suspect the pc board.. Defiantly sounds like a visit to the dealer is needed. Good Luck
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 03:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolguy5 View Post
This is only our second time out with our 2021 319MLOK. Hot water tank worked well on gas the first time out. Pulled into a spot yesterday lit the tank and worked fine. Had s hot water. This morning now hot water and can not get the tank to even try and fire. I pushed the resets and now i get this this yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it.

Any ideas what is going on or what I should be looking for to fix?
Not familiar with your trailer....so....if you have an Atwood with both electric and lp .... try the electric approach to see if you can gen hot water that way. If so, I'd be reluctant to swap a board without some more tests. That said, a good many have done the dinosaur board swap as a pre-emptive move. Other's like my self have one in the spare's box. You aren't far from Jim's Trailer Sales, so it may be a good idea to take it to them and see if they can trouble shoot in the parking lot for you. Or, there's a couple of spots on the interweb that have the Atwood H/W tank Service Manual as a pdf file. Good to have if you insist on DIY.

It may only be an anomoly with my trailer, but if the GFCI has tripped...the H/W doesn't heat with LP.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:00 AM   #6

Hot water

Had a similar problem with our 2015 Eagle Premier 361REQS. Tried cleaning burn tube for obstruction Replaced thermal couple. Would run fine on electric would not stay fired up on gas. Finally ordered a circuit board on Amazon and that corrected issue.
camper59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:10 AM   #7

Thanks all. We are currently on the road. We are running on electric now. I will probably call Jim’s trailers when we return home in August.

By the way are unit has a Suburban hot water tank. I don’t really see a PC board unless it is buried behind the wall. I have a feeling that it maybe the igniter. I don’t even get the pulse to initiate the arc.

As soon as press the gas on the BMpro i get the yellow fault indicator
Old 07-27-2021, 07:28 AM   #8

it's either the PC board of the resistor blew that is in that clear tubing. That resistor can be checked with a volt meter set to measure continuity. No Continuity, resistor is blown. I just ha to replace mine 3 days ago because my hot water heater would not ignite.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:02 AM   #9

Jim's may not be able to 'fix'. Call first. The closest Suburban service center is Avalon RV east of Medina on RT 18.
Meanwhile: http://waterheatertimer.org/pdf/Subu...ice_Manual.pdf

Good Luck.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote