Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2018, 09:35 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by camjam View Post
I'm not installing one. I'm trying to get Curt hitch GMC installed before the bed of the truck was installed out. Then I will install the pullrite brackets on with no need to raise the bed.
Ah, thought you had no hitch. Haven't looked at the OE Curt install but if the bed needs to come up on both sides then there would be more to disconnect. I went Reese for my truck as I had the hitch and wanted a flat bed floor.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #22

I just purchased a 2018 GMC 3500 with the factory 5th Wheel Prep Package. I had a Pullrite 4400 Superglide 18K Hitch in my previous truck. To use it in the 2018 GMC, I would have had to purchase a Pullrite 4444 GM Adapter and a Pullrite 4409 ISR Adapter. That combination of 4444 and 4409 was going to raise the hitch about 4.5 inches. My trailer sat level with my previous truck so that was not going to do. I instead purchased the 'Demco 6194 GMC Factory Prep Kit Rail Adapter' and a Pullrite ISR Series Superglide 18K Hitch (P/N 2900). The Demco Rail Adapter is an excellent fit for the Factory puck system and the ISR Series Hitch matched up to it without increasing the hitch height. I am a Pullrite Superglide fan and did not want to go to anther hitch.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #23

Why don't you put a 4' level on the trailer floor ( facing front to back inside trailer ) and see how out of level you really are??

I don't think you can correctly check level any other way.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Why don't you put a 4' level on the trailer floor ( facing front to back inside trailer ) and see how out of level you really are??

I don't think you can correctly check level any other way.
I think it is easier and more accurate to park on level ground and measure the distance of the front and rear of the trailer from the ground than using a 4' level and having to compensate for the length of the trailer.
camjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #25

Axle flip

With a Ram 2500, 28.5 Eagle RLTS and BW hitch, we had the same nose high situation. Had to be watchful for tail dragging coming or going from gas stations, parking lots, etc. Wanting to do a long road trip and not have to unhook every nite, we had the axle ‘flipped’. The saddles for springs are welded atop the axle rather than below and springs moved to them. Problem solved for $400 and we now ride perfectly level. We use an additional portable step to make up the height difference. Couldn’t be happier after 9000 mile trip, probably stayed hitched 2/3 of the nights.
WA5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:43 PM   #26

make it level if you can.the handling and braking are better.thats just the right wat to do it.dont settle for second best
trento is offline   Reply With Quote